Chapter 4

Eva's POV

I finish class around 4pm and buy myself some food before I go home. I really needed a job, my money was running low and the last thing I needed was to be homeless or using Stefano's money.

His name alone made me cringe. My cousin was a horrible human being. After my mom was shot and my dad went prison, he took me in and helped me out but for the exchange of me working for him. His own family.

I finally left and got into NYU. He wanted me to stay and work for his drug dealing company. I wanted to make something of myself. Start fresh here and I would never have to return to Seattle.

Mia was a lifesaver because I started college super late and there were no dorms available. Her rich dad was paying for this massive Apartment and she was so sweet she did not want rent but I was not going to just live here for free?

I worked and had about 200 k saved up from Stefano's job. It paid well I guess. I used up nearly 100k. Living here was expensive and so was College fees.

As I walk into the apartment I can hear Mia's loud friends. Zain's voice made my heart sink. Stefano ruined everything for me.

"Hey Eva. I have barely seen you all week and we live together!" Mia says and I look at her. Zain has not told her I guess who I was. Its been a week.

"Hey." I say. "Hang out tomorrow? I'm gonna just crash." I could feel Zain's eyes burning at the side of my face. I head upstairs and close my bedroom door.

I can't believe I like Zain Adams? Out of all people?

I get showered, change in Pyjamas and sit in bed eating my chipotle. They sounded like they were having fun downstairs. All I thought about was Zain's pretty face and his big arms around me. I was sad a little but Zain or Mia would never know.

That date was amazing. Nobody ever did that for me. My ex was a douche. Zain was funny. He was also extremely good looking like- stunning. Looked like his dad. Bright blue eyes and jet curly black hair. His olive skin tone contrared well against his white teeth perfectly. All in all, hr was perfect. All the girls stared at him. At college they spoke about him and Kai.

I felt pretty lonely I guess at times. Especially since I left my life behind there. My best friend was still there, Natalia. Family wise- all I got is Stefano.

There is a knock on my door and Ayla comes in.

"Hey girl." She says as she walks in sitting on my bed.

"Hi. You good?" I ask. "Yes are you?"

"Yeah." I nod. Ayla was probably who I got on with most. Mia and I were cool too but Ayla was just supet sweet.

"Havent hung out all week?" She says and I pause the tv show playing on my laptop. "Just a bit busy."

"Just because Zains a douche dont mean you can't come and hang out with us?" She says and I chuckle.

"Im going out with Mia and Mia only. Come with us. Girls night?"

"You sure?"

"Yeah Mia getting dressed and I'm about to go steal a dress." She smiles. It was like she felt how miserable I was feeling. I nod and she gets up . I do my make up and she lets me do hers. "Okay Ayla if you blink one more time while I'm trying to stick these lashes on!" I laugh as she continues laughing. "Its a reflex!" She says laughing.

"This is why I get extensions." I tell her. "Take me next time." She says and I chuckle putting the stuff away.

I put my heels on and look in the mirror fixing my ponytail. "You look so good. Wow."