Chapter 2

The next morning, I get up early, shower and get dressed. I made an appointment with someone at college so that I could officially drop out before they could kick me out.

It was like breaking up with someone before they could with you- less painful.

I light up a cigarette and stand outside my car. Kids were streaming in for classes this early. I throw the cigarette bud on the floor and sigh before walking into the building.

"Zain Adams." I tell the woman behind the desks that asks for my name. "Freshman." I add

"Take a seat." She says and I nod sitting down. Damn. I was tired. This was so early.

"Mr Adams." I hear and I look up at the man. "Im the Dean."

"Hi." I shrug following him in.

"So Mr Adams what can I do for you this morning."

"I'm dropping out of college." I say and he nods a little picking up a paper.

"Well can't say im surprised as you did attend probably 2 classes all semester." He says. "You have failed most of your classes and have shown up 10% of the time youre supposed to be in class Mr Adams."

"Yeah clearly. I do not like it. I'm dropping out."

"Well.. have you looked at other options?"

"Like?"

"Other majors?"

"No- the whole college thing sucks. Im dropping out." I frown. Was he deaf?

"Right. Sometimes people find it difficult to settle into college coming from high school. Especially private school." He says looking at my sheet again. "Its a lot of differences."

"Why would you want to keep me on? Was I not being kicked out anyway."

"I mean. Yes. You were on your final warning and you failed to make any changes Mr Adams. But I had a good conversation with your mom Mrs Adams."

"Oh God." I say rubbing my eyes.

"Look- I'm proposing you can start fresh. Choose another major?"

"She paid the school huh?" I ask him and he just cocks his head.

"I do not want to be part of this stupid fucking school. How about that- so you might want to send her the money back. Or shall I?" I ask and he sighs as I get up picking up the piece of paper. I rip it apart and shove the shit off his desk.

"Is this clear?" I ask before I start breaking random stuff. I pick up the shit on his shelf and throw it around. I start ripping all the papers seeing red. My mom went too far.

I pick up the chair and dash it at his window causing it to smash. I ignored the number of times he called out my name. I swing the door open and walk out.

My mom could pay for the damages since she was soooo eager to pay.

"Watch where youre going." I hear as I bump into someone. I did not even realize. I was so angry I could not even feel the connect. I turn around and see Eva. When she realizes its me, she raises her eyebrows probably waiting for an apology.

"How about you look where the fuck your going." I snap at her.

"You bumped into me you fucking asshole." She says picking up her book. I turn around leaving not even in the mood to entertain this. As much as I wanted to pick a fight- probably not with a girl.

I go home and sit down for a while. So what now? My anger disappeared as quickly as it arrived. They tell me I'm like my dad when I get angry which is funny because I have yet to see my dad do the shit I do. Everyone says he matured since he had us.