Chapter 38

Mia's POV

I wanted to cry but I cried so much this last month over Zain it was becoming a joke.

I walk back inside and start picking up the glass Zain broke.

"Mia, leave it." Desi says but I felt bad. "I'm sorry." I tell her. Felt like all of this was my fault. I pick up the big pieces as I tried my best to contain my tears. They probably all heard us scream from outside.

"You're gonna hurt yourself." Cleo takes the glass from me and Ayla clears it up with her putting a towel over it.

"I'm gonna go home." I say. "Thanks dinner. You guys stay." I tell my dad who got up.

"Did Zain leave?" Kai asks and I shrug as my dad walks me out.

"I don't want you to come. I'm fine." I tell him and he hugs me. "Just gonna go to bed and sleep."

"Okay. Drive safe." He says giving me his keys.

I walk into our house and sit down in the kitchen as I start crying. I just wanted to feel happy again. I wanted this heavy weight lifted off my shoulder. I wanted to be just smiling without wondering when that heavy feeling was going to sink back in.

I take my make up off and I go to sleep.

The next morning, I shower and I get dressed in my pink sweats and I put on its matching cropped hoodie letting my hair dry out.

"Hey." Sofia says seeing me in the kitchen cooking.

"Hi." I say. "My dad growing up had a chef. She used to cook for us- but since we all moved out and stuff I guess he decided to fire Serena." I tell her as a crack the eggs open mixing it in with flower and milk and sugar.

"Well looks like you did not even need Serena." She says as I laugh. Sofia was pretty cool. I think she was in her early 30s.

"These came for you." She says and I turn around looking at the white roses. Apology roses. I take the card out and read it out loud.

"From Z. Miss us." I sigh sitting down looking at the box of chocolates next to it. "He fucking ate one too."

"His brother delivered it. Might be him." She says. "Kai?" I ask and she nods.

Sofia carries in making the pancakes.

"You okay? I know last night was dificult." She says. "Christmas dinner ruined." I say and she chuckles. "It wasn't dont worry."

"Hello hello." Ayla says appearing. She hugs me tight and greets Sofia too.

"Hey." Sofia says.

"We should go and do something fun tonight. Friends Christmas. Girls christmas." Ayla says

"With?" I ask. "I'll scream if you say Elsie."

"And no... just me and you and Jordan and Mariana and Ariana."

"And Ariana's sister Eleanour who was Zain is sleeping with? No thanks." I say and Ayla laughs. "No. Were not inviting her."

"Well you can't really leave her at Adams house thats not very nice." I say rolling my eyes.

"Okay. Then we dont invite none of them." She says and I look at Ayla.

"This is a terrible attempt at trying to get me to be all cheerful and happy." I say and she chuckles.

"Fine: what do you wanna do."

"I just want to watch movies all day and not move. Eat pancakes and ice cream and chocolates."