Chapter 5

Zain's POV

"Its been like what? 10 days?" Kai asks me and I shrug.

"That gives me a whole 18 more days which is basically 3 weeks. Basically a month. I am also pretty sure dad is not really counting 28 days." I say and Kai looks at me and laughs.

"This is why you failed college." He says and I roll my eyes pouring cereal into my bowl.

"Anyway..." I look at my phone and scroll through the messages. No Eva. All of yesterday we have not spoken. She hasn't answered my calls/ text messages. I wonder what it was. Maybe I did something that pissed her off? I went to dinnr with my family on Sunday and afterwards I crashed that party the gang were at.

All of Monday not heard a word and now its Tuesday I'm thinking 100 different thoughts.

"Still no Eva?"

"Shut up." I say sighing as I sit down. "I dont care if a girl texts me back or not."

"Well you care about this one. I've never seen you so emotionally invested." Kai says and I look at him and he nods. "Seriously."

"Shut up Mckai." I say picking up my bowl and going to sit down infront of the TV. "Mia invited me for dinner at her dads place." I tell him. "I'm going to practice." He shouts back as he runs upstairs.

I pick Mia up and head into their building. Maybe I could see Eva. I was being such a loser. Who gives a fuck if she doesn't want to see me.

"Yo Mia. You ready?" I ask. The door was locked which was unusual. They always just left it open. Especially since there was a code to get in downstairs.

After a few seconds, Eva answered.

"She is in the shower." Mia says turning around quickly walking off.

"Yo." I say walking closing the door behind me. "Whats up with you?"

I grab her arm and stop her. She flinches and I let go immediately. What did I do for her to flinch? She looks at me and I raise my eyebrows.

"What happened to you?" I ask staring at her face. Her lip was busted and her cheek was bruised.

"Just slipped and fell." She says which made no sense.

"Is this why you were avoiding me?"

"Not everything is about you Zain. God you're so full of yourself." She says annoyed.

"What the fuck is your issue?"

"Forget it." She says

"Eva who did this to you?" I say annoyed grabbing her arm again. Fuck- I really need to stop grabbing her arm.

She turns around and the anger that was in her eyes surprised me to the point that I let go.

"We spent 3 days together and you think suddenly you have the right to touch me?" She says. "Zain- you're not my boyfriend. Youre not even my friend. Leave me the fuck alone. You reading too much into this. From now on- just don't talk to me." She says before shoving me back with both her hands.

"Eh?" Mia says who stood in the kitchen as Eva stormed off.

I was so confused.

"What the fuck just happened?" Mia asks but Eva kind of crushed my whole ego and everything about me. Did I read too much into this? I kick the chair infront of me and Mia shakes her head

"Not my shit- go fuck up her shit." She says taking my arm dragging me out the apartment.

"Look- she is a bit tense. I don't know what happened but clearly someone had an issue with her." Mia tells me and I look at her.