Chapter 8

Mariana's POV

"I swear you're going to drive me nuts!" I say looking at my dad who just laughs at me.

"Just aim higher?" He says and I sigh as he passes the basketball to me and I try to shoot my shot again. I miss again and my dad just laughs.

"You suck M." He teases as he picks up the ball and shoots his shot and ofcourse it goes in.

"Who do you think taught Kai?"

"Uncle Sam?"

"Who do you think taught Sam?" He says and I roll my eyes. "So I'm sorry but physical activities- not my thing."

"Okay but just because youre not fat doesn't mean youre unhealthy? You need to keep active M."

"Why? To outrun who?" I say and he rolled his eyes as he continued playing.

"So you thought about colleges?" He asks and I sigh.

"I don't know." I shrug. "Maybe I'll be like Zain and I'll decide college aint for me?"

"Dont let your mom hear. She will have a heart attack."

"I want to become a lawyer. You know that right?"

"Funny." He says. "Just not for prosecution? So I can help bad guys get off."

"Oh God- we corrupted you." My dad says and I laugh. "I am joking."

"You're gonna go into Tech and youre gonna take over the Tech world."

"People always think I'm so stupid."

"Its because you're pretty. You got that from me- the good genes." My dad says and I laugh.

"Yeah yeah. But seriously nobody takes me serious until i hack into their phone."

"So NYU?"

"You just don't want me to leave NY."

"No because you're my baby girl and my only baby girl. Me and you have been together the last 17 years. You just gonna leave me like that?"

"I'll always be around." I say and he laughs. "Ofcourse you will." He says.

"So I do not look that much like you you know- so my genes thats my biological mom." I say and he chuckles.

I was very close with my dad. We just got on. We never fought. He was my best friend. He was always there for me. Even when Kai and Zain moved to Seattle with mom.

I was close with my mom too- she was my best friend too. She was my brother's biolgical mom and my adoptive mom but to me she was just mom. I did not know different. My biological mom passed away at my birth.

"So you never talk much about Meghan." I say and he sits down.

"Well you never ask me."

"I guess Desi is just my mom to me. Sometimes I even forget that I have come out of a different woman."

"Yeah. You look exactly like your mom." He says and I chuckle.

"I only have one picture of her."

"Ask your aunt Mona." He says. "She has loads of pictures."

"How come you don't have any?"

"Well the one I had I gave to you?" He says sitting on the floor with me. Our basketball court was big.

"So what you wanna know?"

"How did you guys meet? How did you get to having me?" I ask and he chuckles.