082. the last dance

Start from the beginning

"No, no, no. We didn't create a safe house for you to leave it." Damon insisted, trying to stop the twins. "Yeah, guys, Klaus is out there." Stefan quickly added. "Right. But where? No one knows. Look, I really appreciate what you guys are doing. And I'll be able to sleep at night knowing that I'll be safe here, but I'm not going to be a prisoner." Elena decided.

━━━━━ ♥︎ ━━━━━

Everyone sat down in their seats before class was set to start. Caroline took a seat in the chair beside Lexa, as she placed her books on the table. "Morning Carebear." Lexa greeted, before sliding a takeaway cup towards the Forbes.

"Morning Lexa... ooh what's this?" She asked, taking the cup eagerly. "An iced chai. I remember you like them with honey." Lexa hummed, before taking a sip of her cold brew. "Why thank you... you seem happier today." Caroline noted as Lexa shrugged. "I guess I got a good sleep for once." She admitted, as the Gilbert couldn't remember the last time she had a decent sleep.

The siphoner then tried not to wince, as she really remembered that the last time she had a decent night's sleep, had to of been while she was with Sienna... because she hadn't had any issues with sleeping, until after they'd broken up.

Elena flashed the poster for the 60s decade dance at Lexa and Caroline, as their faces lit up. "You're coming, right?" Caroline asked as Lexa nodded, "Yeah.. no idea what I'm going to dress as this." She confessed. Caroline smirked, "Well, you're in luck. I may have some extra stuff you can wear."

"Hello, class. What are we learning today?" Alaric asked, entering the room. He seemed a bit off... as he always usually knew what they were learning. "With the decade dance tonight, we've been covering the sixties all week." Allira spoke up, from the back of the class.

"Right. The sixties." Alaric said, before he turned around to face the whiteboard. "The, uh, ahem..." He trailed off, before he began to write on the whiteboard. "The sixties. I wish there was something good I could say about the sixties, but... Actually, they kind of sucked. Except for the Beatles, of course. They made it bearable. Uh, what else was there? The Cuban missile thing, the...we walked on the moon. There was Watergate..."

"Watergate was the seventies, Ric." Elena suddenly piped up. Everyone fell quiet as she had called him by a nickname. "I mean, Mr. Saltzman." She quickly corrected herself. Lexa snorted, trying not to choke on her coffee, as she couldn't help but to laugh at the awkwardness in the room.

"Right. It all kind of mushes together up here, the sixties, seventies." Alaric trailed off, before his eyes met Elena. "Thank you, Elena."

━━━━━ ♥︎ ━━━━━

Lexa, Elena and Bonnie wandered down the hallway, before Dana raced over to them. "Hey, Elena, there you are!" She began, as the group seemed surprised that Dana had even approached them. They weren't friends. "Okay. This is going to sound freaky, but this totally hot guy just asked me to ask you if you're going to the dance tonight."

Lexa frowned, "She has a boyfriend." She piped up as Dana shrugged, "Well... you could at least meet him. He'll be at the dance tonight. Look for him. His name is Klaus."

The trio all blinked in surprise, "I'm sorry, what did you just say?" Bonnie asked before Dana answered, "His name's Klaus. I know the name's stupid, but I swear he's hot."

"Where is he? Is he here?" Lexa asked, with a confused frown. Dana threw her arms up in a shrug, "I don't know." Bonnie sighed, "She's been compelled." Dana suddenly clapped her hands together, "But he wants to know if you'll save him the last dance. How cute is that?" She asked, as the three girls fell quiet.

━━━━━ ♥︎ ━━━━━

"You look amazing!" Lexa chirped, as Sienna joined her, at the entrance to the gymnasium. "Really? I feel like a total hippie." Sienna giggled, "You on the other hand.. look beautiful." The Lockwood complimented with a grin as Lexa rolled her eyes playfully, before she gave the werewolf a smile.

"I've gotta find Elena.. save me a dance?" Lexa asked, as Sienna nodded, "I won't forget it, Gilbert." She responded, before Lexa left Sienna's side, to head into the gymnasium, which was completely decked out with 60s themed decorations.

Lexa looked around in amazement, before her eyes landed on Elena, Bonnie and Caroline. She smiled brightly when she saw Caroline, who gave her an equally bright smile in response.

"You guys look awesome!" The Gilbert smiled, before Caroline practically ran into her arms. "Cmon! Let's dance!" The Forbes suggested, as Lexa looked over her shoulder moments later to see that Elena and Stefan were dancing together, as were Bonnie and Jeremy.

"Obvi!" Lexa replied, as she and Caroline began dancing together in sync with the music. The Gilbert suddenly dipped Caroline in her arms, surprising the vampire. "Don't drop me!" The Forbes squeaked before Lexa lifted her back up. "I would never." The siphoner laughed, as Caroline gave her a look as if to say, Really?

"Don't you trust me?" Lexa teased, spinning Caroline out now, as the blonde looked back at the witch once she stopped, with a smirk. Lexa twirled Caroline back into her arms next. "More than you know." The Forbes finally answered.

Lexa giggled, before realising just how close they were. Caroline noticed this too and glanced down at Lexa's lips for a moment, before looking back up into her brown eyes. Lexa noticed this too, and smirked slightly, before she began to move closer to her best friend. Caroline leant forward too, until their lips were almost touching.

"Lexa! Caroline!"

Too caught up in the moment, the girls both flinched in surprise by their best friends booming voice, and smashed their foreheads into eachother. "Ow.." Lexa mumbled, before herself and Caroline turned to Bonnie.

"Uh— sorry it's just. Elena is gone!" Bonnie confessed, looking panicked. Lexa and Caroline's eyes widened in shock. "Klaus.." The siphoner blurted before quickly rushing away, to find her twin.