080. eternal flame

Start from the beginning

━━━━━ ♥︎ ━━━━━

Lexa and Sienna sat together in a booth, both sipping on lattes. "So you're starting to feel better?" Lexa asked, as Sienna nodded. "Yeah.. I've been taking medication for a few weeks and going to my appointments twice a week.. and I'm starting to feel a lot better."

Lexa smiled brightly, before taking a sip of her coffee. "I'm really happy for you, Cece." She insisted. Sienna couldn't help but to smile back, "Thank you doll.."

The Lockwood didn't notice, that she'd reached out and taken Lexa's hand... but the witch hadn't noticed that she was holding her's, either. Sienna looked down at their hands for a moment, before she looked up at Lexa.

Sienna was in a much better headspace than she had been weeks ago, and even though she still had a long way to go, she was ready to give their relationship another try... that was if, Lexa still felt the same.

"I.. I wanted to ask you something." Sienna began, as Lexa nodded, "Mhm?" She asked. Sienna opened her mouth to ask the question she'd been really wanting to, but Lexa's attention was drawn away from her ex for a moment, as Caroline, Elena and Bonnie entered the Grill.

The trio spot Lexa and Sienna, and Caroline gave them an eager wave before they approached them. "Hey!" Caroline chirped, taking a seat next to Sienna. She gave Lexa a loving look before turning to Sienna, "Girl, how have you been?" She asked. Sienna smiled, "A lot better thank you.. how are you Care?"

Caroline and Sienna engaged in conversation, as Lexa chatted to Bonnie and Elena, as she sipped on her coffee. The group ended up moving onto the topic of Matt and Caroline. Sienna decided not to bring up her question, at least until she and Lexa were alone.

Caroline wasn't interested in Matt romantically anymore, but she didn't want to implode on her friends that she was crushing hard on Lexa.

"Yeah, but I am still keeping so many secrets." Caroline stated. "Alaric's in the same boat with Jenna and maybe that's our mistake. We're trying to protect the people that we love by keeping them out of it, but in the end, we're hurting them anyway." Elena explained, with a sigh.

Caroline suddenly stood up, and took off her jacket before throwing it to Elena. "What are you doing?" Lexa asked, with a laugh. "Where are you going?" Elena questioned. Caroline ignored Elena, shooting Lexa a grin before she walked over to the stage, where there had been a band singing.

Caroline stepped onto the stage and took the microphone. "Hey, everybody. Let's hear it for the band! Weren't they awesome?" She boomed into the microphone before she started to clap, as the other people around the Grill began clapping too.

"So there's this girl. She means everything to me, but I'm... uh... worried I've messed everything up between us. Uh.. you know, just 'cause I talk a lot doesn't mean I always know what I'm actually talking about. Ah, like now, I'm feeling loopy and I don't really know how to express myself." Caroline laughed as singer went to gently take the microphone off Caroline but she resisted.

"I can sing. Yeah! Yeah. You know what, I'm going to sing." She declared, before she decided on a song to sing.

"Close your eyes, give me your hand, darling... do you feel my heart beating? Do you understand? Do you feel the same?  Am I only dreaming... is this burning an eternal flame."

"She's good!" Elena blurted. Lexa smiled lovingly at her best friend, who had been glancing at her from the stage. Sienna noticed Caroline's dreamy glances at Lexa, and that the Gilbert practically had heart eyes as she glanced at Caroline. The Lockwood felt her heart sink, as she realised that the chances of her ever having Lexa as hers again, were very, very unlikely.

"I believe it's meant to be, darling. I watch you when you are sleeping, You belong with me. Do you feel the same? Am I only dreaming? ...Or is this burning an eternal flame!!"

Caroline moved the microphone away from her mouth, a smile on her lips. Everyone began to applaud. Lexa did too, cheering out Caroline's name. The blonde shared a glance with the Gilbert, before stepping off of the stage.

━━━━━ ♥︎ ━━━━━

Jenna and Lexa were in the kitchen, the Sommers eating ice cream straight from the tub. Lexa grabbed a spoon, and eagerly raced over.

"Are John, Elena and Jeremy asleep?" Jenna asked, as Lexa shoved a spoon full of icecream into her mouth. "Mhm" She nodded. "If I go to bed right now, there's a chance I'll wake up hangover-free." Jenna suggested, making her niece laugh.

The doorbell suddenly rang, causing Jenna and Lexa to share a confused glance. "Who's that?" Jenna asked, as the Gilbert shrugged before the duo walked over to the door, Jenna opening it

They both froze, as Isobel stood in the doorway, confusing the absolute fuck out of Jenna. "Hi. You must be Jenna. I'm...Alexia and Elena's mother." Isobel said, before Lexa gave her a nasty glare. "Isobel."