077. crying wolf

Brooklyn entered the Salvatore Boarding house, followed by the small skittish boy

Brooklyn entered the Salvatore Boarding house, followed by the small skittish boy. Stefan entered next, "Thank you for coming." He said.

"Believe me, I didn't want to." Brooke replied. "I made it clear that I never wanted to see Damon again, so you better have a good reason why you dragged me here."

Stefan nodded, thinking back to Lexi's death. It still scarred him, and he knew it still scarred Brooke.

"This is Bruno." Brooke began, motioning to the small boy beside her. Stefan glanced down at the small boy, with tanned skin and raven hair. "Hi Bruno, I'm Stefan." He said warmly, as Bruno gave a shy wave.

"I have been travelling and... I found him in San Juan, Puerto Rico, all alone." Brooke began. "I tried to help him find his parents, but they were killed..." She trailed off, sadly. "So now I'm trying to help him find any of his family members... but its been tough." She confessed, glancing down at the boy.

Stefan noticed there was a sort of an attachment between the pair, as Bruno seemed grateful to Brooklyn, but he knew she was grateful for him too. They'd both been completely alone and lost, and now they weren't alone.

"So why am I here, Stefan? Because I need to go back to helping Bruno find his family." The older Salvatore declared as Stefan nodded. "Elena is in trouble, Klaus is after her..." Stefan began as Brooke shook her head.

"You want me to help you kill Klaus?" She asked, "Because I'm not doing that... not while I have a child here depending on me." Brooke insisted.

Stefan seemed taken back by her tone, but understood. "Well.. that's not all." He said, as Brooke seemed intrigued.

"Natasha... is one of the strongest people on our side." Stefan began to explain before Brooke cut him off. "Wait, Natasha is alive?" She asked, with a hopeful look in her eyes.

"She is." Stefan answered, "And you... just didn't think to tell me?" Brooke scoffed, as the younger Salvatore felt guilty now. "We've... had a lot going on." He insisted.

"Anyway... Natasha is one of the strongest people we have on our side, and if we have any chance at defeating Klaus, we need her." Stefan insisted, "But... she's not doing very well at the moment. I was hoping that maybe you could... try and lift her spirits."

Brooke processed this, before she nodded. "That, I can definitely do." She said, as her lips curved into a slight smile. "But after that, I'm leaving."

Stefan nodded sadly, wishing his sister could stay... but there was no hope of that happening. Not after Damon killed the woman she loved.