051. brave new world

Start from the beginning

"Yeah you are but it's cute so..."

Caroline seemed annoyed, "Look, it's not about the carnival okay? It's just that this place is just really depressing." She declared. Matt shrugged, "It's because you're sitting in the dark." He said as he walked over to the curtains, planning to open them. Caroline panicked and screamed out, "No don't!"

Matt opened the curtains as Caroline ran to the opposite wall and pressed herself flat against it to avoid the light. Matt just looked at her, confused. "What the hell?"

"Just close it, please?" Caroline asked before Matt questioned, "What's wrong with you?" Caroline demanded, "Close it!"

Matt closed the curtain, and sighed, unsure why the Forbes was acting like this. "I'll just come back later, okay?" He said, before he left.

━━━━━ ⋆⋅♥︎⋅⋆ ━━━━━

Caroline picked up the necklace given to her by the twins, wanting to wear it, but the second she put it around her neck, it burned her skin. "Ow!" She panicked, before hurling it across the room.

The nurse walked in and noticed it on the floor, before she picked it up. "That's pretty." She pointed out. "Yeah, my friends gave it to me."

The nurse left and Caroline took this moment to hide in the bathroom to drink blood from a blood bag. She didn't know why, or what was causing her to do this.. but she was craving blood.

Caroline looked up into the mirror, as veins popped out from under her eyes, and fangs suddenly grew in her mouth. At the sight of herself, she screamed.

The nurse rushed in, "What's wrong?" She asked, before flinching at the sight of her patient. Caroline panicked and put her hand around the nurse's throat, before pushing her against a wall with vampire speed. Without realising, she compels her. "You can't tell anyone- you can't tell anyone!"

The nurse just nodded, "I can't tell anyone." Caroline blinked in surprise, "You'll do what I say?" She asked as the woman nodded, "I'll do what you say."

Caroline grinned, "Good, because I'm starving." She admitted before sinking her new fangs into the woman's neck.

━━━━━ ⋆⋅♥︎⋅⋆ ━━━━━

The carnival was underway at last, was Lexa is walking around with Stefan and Elena.

"The ring toss is out of Bart and Homer dolls and Team Jacob T's." Lexa panicked as Elena nodded, "Okay, I can grab some from the science club. Also we lost a speaker in the karaoke room.."

Stefan looked at the twins, who were trying so hard to achieve Caroline's high standards for the carnival. "Hey, all good Elena, Lexa, take a beat, look around. This is a huge success." Stefan assured them. "You mean we can do more than just freak vampire havoc?" Lexa asked as Elena laughed, "Go figure."

Whilst Lexa and Stefan were distracted, Bonnie practically dragged Elena away to show her something.

"Where's Sienna tonight? I figured you two would be hanging out together." Stefan spoke up, as the pair began to walk around. Lexa shrugged, "She is going to spend tonight with Tyler and Allie.. she is really worried about Ty." She insisted. "She's a good cousin.." Stefan trailed off, "Just like you're a good best friend! You did such a good job pulling this all off. I'm sure Caroline would be pleased." Stefan said to her, with a smile.

Lexa shrugged, "I like the praise but it wasn't all me." She replied honestly. "Well no, but it was like 90% you.. You have been running around for the past couple of days like a chicken with its head cut off." Stefan joked as Alexia shrugged, "I have just been asking myself every five seconds, What would Caroline think? And this has pretty much been the end result." She admitted as she laughed.

The Gilbert's eyes averted to cotton candy, and her pupils dilated at the sight of the sugary sweet. "Do you like cotton candy?" Lexa asked. Stefan shrugged, "Yeah, I don't mind it." Barely a second passed as Lexa dragged Stefan along with her to the queue to buy cotton candy.

━━━━━ ⋆⋅♥︎⋅⋆ ━━━━━

"The doctor said I'm good as new. He signed me out. He said that I didn't have to wait 'til morning, so call me when you get this." Caroline spoke into the phone, before hanging it up.

The nurse was sitting on Caroline's bed, with a bandage covering the wound on her neck. Caroline sighed, "It's dark, thank god. I'm so sorry about that..." She said to the nurse before she looked at the bandage. "Okay, now what's the story?"

"My husband likes to get kinky."

Caroline nodded, pleased. "Yes, good. Okay, so I'm gonna take off. I'm the committee chair for the carnival and I'm worried it's a complete disaster. I mean god bless Lexa, but she does not understand the word fabulous." The girl laughed nervously as she grabbed her bag. "Once again I'm so sorry about that and if you could just forget that I bit you that would be great because I'm going to..." The nurse looked at the Forbes, with a confused look. "Forget what?" She asked.

Caroline blinked in surprise, "I don't know how that works but it's brilliant."

━━━━━ ⋆⋅♥︎⋅⋆ ━━━━━

Lexa approached the Salvatore brothers, as she was eating her third stick of cotton candy. Having no context to the conversation, all Lexa heard from the brothers was; "What is up with that family? They're not vampires, what the hell are they?"

"Ooh, ah, maybe they're, um, ninja turtles!"

"You're not funny!"

Lexa snorted, catching their attention. "What are you guys talking about?" She then asked. Damon turned to Lexa, "Those Lockwoods.. there's something about them.. they're not human." He insisted. Lexa kept her poker face, despite panicking on the inside as she obviously knew what the Lockwoods were. The brunette shrugged, "I have no idea."

"Aren't you dating Sienna? Can you find out for us?" Damon asked. "Sure." Lexa answered, lying. She didn't feel like it was her secret to tell.

Damon then turned his head and saw Carter repairing something. "What are you up to?" Stefan asked, finding his older brother suspicious. "This is reality and there's no such thing as werewolves or... combat turtles." Damon huffed. "Actually he said ninja turtles." Lexa corrected him. "Shush, little witch." Damon huffed as Lexa frowned.

Damon goes toward Carter, "Hey you!" Carter just responded with, "I have a name."

"Yeah I don't care."

Lexa began walking over to Damon, not trusting him at all. "What are you doing?" She hissed, keeping up with him. Damon began to compel Carter, "I need you to pick a fight with someone, a kid named Tyler Lockwood. Get him mad, don't back down no matter what he does, okay?"

"Damon, don't do this." Stefan ordered as Lexa was trying to talk Carter out of it, but it was too late. "Seriously? You are insufferable!" Lexa growled at Damon as he looked at her in surprise. "Why are you so angry at me?" He asked the Gilbert, not understanding.

Lexa just left the brothers, quickly leaving to find her girlfriend and make her aware of what was soon about to happen.