chapter 10

Kate's POV

"So what made you go out with me?" Austin asks as we both were walking out on the boardwalk.

"I mean not "going out" with me but letting me take you out." He explains himself while smiling. I shrug while I look at the sun going down extremely slow.

I push my glasses towards my face and stare back at him. His beige jacket brings out the hazel in his eyes.

Everyone is enjoying the walk along the boardwalk with the stores on the right side and the beautiful ocean on the left. Florida is absolutely beautiful.

My black dress with a lace bottom fell on my thighs as my ponytail flowed in the wind. I honestly don't know why I said yes for him to bring me out.

Its been at least 6 weeks of him constantly asking and me saying no. Alex wasn't fond of the idea of both of us going out to eat together. But it didn't bother me.

The sky splashed a orange yellow color as the sunshine beam on the woody boardwalk. We both then start discussing about school then start getting into personal questions.

"I'm not a party person, i would rather stay indoors and study." I hold onto my one strap bag. He watches me as I check him out a bit.

Beige jacket with a black t underneath, dark blue jeans with all black Nikes. His hands are in his pocket as his hair that once stood up fell flat on his forehead. He looks ... good.

"Are you checking me out?" I hear him say while we are walking. I shake my head and look forward with a smile on my face. I lick my lips as I hear him chuckle next to me. I then feel my cheeks heat up.

He caught you checking him out. My subconscious tells me as i feel my cheek heat up again due to embarrassment.

After walking for so long, Austin and I got cotton candy. He got the blue kind and I got the pink kind. He started feeding me some of his which felt weird because its odd for someone to feed you like a baby.

He won me a big teddy bear that I carried everywhere with me. It was so big I had to wrap my hands around its stomach and lift it up so it wont drag on the ground.

At this point, I was thinking if it was a date or not. I don't know.

As we were walking an old couple, about their 80's, were walking the opposite way as the old women said "You two look adorable together."

"Oh no we aren-"

"Thank you ma'm" Austin speaks sweetly as my mouth was left hanging. We continue on walking like nothing just happened.

So many thoughts race through my mind as Austin offer to give me his jacket but I didn't want it. He insists so i put my bear done and he put it on me.

To be honest, this jacket is so comfortable. I want to sleep in it the whole day. It was a bit big on me but it was so comfy.

Austin held my bear because he knew I was struggling. But after he held my bear for a couple of minutes, I feel his soft hand intertwine with my left hand.

I shockingly pull my hand away because I honestly didn't know what was happening. He looks at me with confused eyes but I didn't say anything. I just held my bag with the hand he tried to hold.

I never been in a relationship, i'm scared too. It seems fun at the beginning but then it starts going downhill at the end -well in all the movies I've seen had bad endings-.

As the sun fell and night overcame us, Austin took me home with his red range rover. The teddy bear sat on my lap as I look out the window.

I tell him the directions where my house was, which was weird too because no one ever drove me home since I have my own car.

"This is it ..." I utter softly as we pull up to my driveway. A 2 story tan home with a porch surrounding the house.

"Okay let's go ..." Austin speaks joyful as he open his car door before I said 'no' softly. He then went around the car and open my car like a gentlemen.

I had a hard time getting out since the car was large and tall. Austin holds his hand out to help but I didn't take the offer. We then start making our way to my front steps and door.

In the movies I've seen, the boy and girl kiss while standing in front of the door. Unless something happens before they kiss like the sprinklers go off. Just like in the movie John Tucker Must Die.

"I had a good time." I mumble shyly while hiding behind the teddy bear Austin got me. He smiles while looking at my door then back at me. He suddenly licks his lips for some reason.

Maybe he's ready to kiss me. Oh no. I never kissed anyone before.

I then feel Austin pry my hands off of the bear that was in between us. He holds it and put it on the floor beside us. At this point my eyes are wide as I didn't know what to do now.

He slowly walk towards me as I feel his hand brush against my arm. My skin tingling as he keeps eye contact with me every move he makes.

"I like you Kate." He whispers as I watch his eyes close and his head tilting down towards mine. I don't know what to do so I lean in and gave him a hug.

A hug. really Kate? 

We both stand here looking like idiots hugging. I awkwardly pat his back as I feel him wrap his arms around my neck. For a while it feels good to hug someone like this but then awkward cause we are in a weird position (that's what she said).

"Okay bye ..." I mumble while pushing him away, grabbing my bear and opening my front door.

"I'll see you tomo-"

I cut him off by closing the door and waving bye so awkwardly. I throw the bear on the couch and slide down on the front door.

Why did I hug him?

I pinched the bridge if my nose as I took my glasses off and blink my eyes.

"I should've kissed him" I sigh as I got up, took the bear and went upstairs.

Heeeey :) what do you guys think? Bsisndd comment what you think :)

10 votes and I'll make chapter 11 :) so the picture I tagged with this chapter is Austins out fit for their "date" :D

Anyways :) followmeanddon'tforgettovote :)