chapter 27 -

Kate's POV

After the mountain I found myself spending more and more time with Austin. We've been going to carnivals, amusement parks, playgrounds, you name it, we've been there. Months pass and I've noticed ive been spending at least 3 days a week with Austin-plus school-.

I've even showed Austin my hiding place on top of my house roof. We both climbed on top of the roof and I told him that whenever something bad happens I go up here because it relaxes me. I told him that its the same feeling i get when I was at the mountain with him. Safe and Peaceful.

Another thing that surprises me is that I've been catching up with Calum. He and his band has been staying in Florida recording an album. I've been talking to him over the phone and catching up.

He told me that he broke up with Briana a year ago because she was cheating and that I was right the whole time. Him saying I was right was music to my ears.

The thing that confuses me is that Austin never asked me to be his girlfriend. He makes it seems like I am. He holds my hand, kisses me, holds me tight. He never asked me. Its been 4 months and he still hasn't asked me.

•••

"So what are you going to do ?" Calum whispered while leaning over the table. I hear his accent distinctly. My fingers wrapped around my warm coffeecup as I look at him. His brown eyes beaming into mine as a warm smile stretched across his face.

"I don't know." I smiled while sipping the hot coffee. Although its December, the climate in Florida is warm. Incredibly different from the weather in the North.

"You like him don't you?" Calum sat back down in his chair and showed me another smile. His eyes squinted and hand running through the blonde part of his hair. I flush.

"Of course I like him, Calum." I uttered leaning on my elbows and putting my cup down. My cheeks heat up and I pushed my glasses in so he doesn't see me blush again.

"Did you ever ... you know" He leaned forward with wide eyes and his words turned into whispers. I don't know why he's whispering, the people around us won't hear.

He raised his eyebrow and his eyes searched my face. "Did it with him?" He hinted me about sex as my eyes widen and I suddenly pictured Austin naked on the beach.

"NO!" I said a bit to loud and it went silent. I look around and everyones looking at me. Damn. nosypeople. They all continued what they were doing as I chuckled and glanced at Calum.

"I don't think I'm ready for that ..." My eyes widen hinting him about sex. After these few days I began trusting Calum again. He suddenly leaned back and smirked. His tattoos noticeable.

The JKH and DSH tattoo initicials on both his hands which sparked my curiosity. His arm has a tattoo of a Indian head with feathers and stuff coming out of his hair. Multiple of bands around his left wrist. I stopped staring when Calum asked me a question.

"How long?" He asked while drinking his coffee without taking his eyes off mine. For some reason, I feel shy. I asked him "how long what." and he laughed sweetly. Showing me his chubby cheeks which I love.

"How long have you known him?" He asked with a low tone while raising his eyebrow. I don't know why but hes ... hotter then I remembered.

His jawline is more shaped ... more well defined. His scent is the scent of heaven. His hair messy just like Austin. Those tattoos make him look like a bad boy ... a sexy bad boy .. Jesus what are you saying to yourself ?? stop it Kate.

I was interrupted by Calum waving his hand in front of my face. He smiled and asked me if Im alright.

"Sorry ... I'm fine. Uh. I've know him for 4 months." I told him shaking my head trying to get the thoughts of Calum out. I watch him lick his lips slowly which gave me goosebumps. Thoughts of me kissing him started running in my mind.

Him watching me with those eyes is really intimidating and uncomfortable. I don't know why I feel this way, he's my friend. I think its his tattoos or maybe its his lips. He has nice lips. Thoughts of us kissing makes me feel some type of way. Omfg Kate get out of here !!

"Ah uh. I have to go." I stood up suddenly feeling the need to get out of here. His eyes watched me, just ... watching me. He stood up and we walked out the coffeeship.

What is wrong with you ? Get a grip.

I opened my car door and felt Calums intimidating presence behind me. His eyes burning into my skull as I threw my jacket in the passengers seat and I turned around.

Calum stood in front of me, holding the car door open with the side of his body as both of his hands in his back pocket. Black skinny jeans, a cut up long Nirvana shirt that doesn't have sleeves, leaving his tattoos exposed, Chucks on and a smirk on his face.

He looked down at me as I gasp while looking at his image. "Are you feeling okay darling?" He asked while putting the back of his hand against my forehead, feeling my temperature and stepping closer to me. His touch made the hairs on my forearm stand up.

"I-im fine." I stuttered for no reason. Why are you acting like this? STOP. All of a sudden Calum stepped closer, leaving no space in between us. This is so wrong.

"I hope you feel better." He spoke gently while wrapping his arms around my neck and hugging me. My body still, doesn't know what to do. His scent is overwhelming. This situation is overwhelming.

"Bye Calum." I spoke as he let go and I went in my car. In a hurry, I turned it on and left him. I look in the mirror and saw him standing there while having goodbye.

Why were you thinking about Calum like that? he's just a friend Kate. My subconscious started calming me down.

You're with Austin. Although he never asked you out so technically you're not with him but still. you like Austin not Calum. I pulled into the highway and began driving home.

I feel guilty. What's Austin going to think? I need to see him. I need to clear my mind. I exit the highway and started driving to Austins place.

Who do you ship .. Calum and Kate or Austin and Kate ?? Comment who you ship ... I just want to know :)

Anyways, how are you guys ?? I'm great :) I didn't go to school today because my brother is sick so I have to take care of him. hopefully I don't get sick too.

You know what to do :) Vote because voting will get you chapter 28 :)

I'll see you guys in chapter 28 :) goodbye lovelys ❤❤

❤ -A