chapter 16

Kate'sPOV

"It's been what .. 3 years ..." Calum speaks while everyone stares at me. Every step Calum takes towards me, I take a step back.

"What are you doing here?" I feel my cheeks heat up as i fix my glasses. Silence fills the room but is interrupted by Austin asking if we know each other.

"He was my friend ..." I utter with a hint of disgust while emphazising on was. Calum looks down and bit his bottom lip. I know hes remembering what happened between us.

"Kate I didn't mean to hur-" I interrupt Calum by pushing through the crowds of people and walking out the front door. I need time to think.

Austins POV

Once Kate left; it was silent. Calum stood there not knowing what to do. I can tell something happened between them. I run after Kate but once I got outside she wasn't anywhere in sight.

I take a look inside my range rover and I see her sitting in the passengers seat. I chuckle to myself while I knocking on the window. She jumps then smiles lightly.

"What was that?" I ask sarcastically while making my way into the drivers seat.

"I don't want to talk about it" She mumbles softly while looking out the tinted window.

I've noticed that after we both sang You Belong With Me, she seemed sad. Whenever i asked her questions she answered with a I dont know or sure in a depressing tone. She didn't sing after which gave me a clue that she was sad.

"I want to go home." She says still looking out the window.

"Is it about the song You Belong With Me by Taylor?" I ask her as she turns to me, but didn't say anything. Bingo.

"I know how you fee-" I tell her but I was interrupted by my phone vibrating in my pocket. She looks at me with her wide eyes. She knows my phones vibrating.

I laugh awkwardly and wip my phone out. 13 new messages and it came from Jamie and Amber. I want to answer them but I'm helping someone at the moment. I turn my phone off and continue.

"Just bring me home Austin." She says while crossing her arms and facing forward. I sigh and put my left hand on the wheel and turning my whole body towards her.

"Kate .. We don't have to go." I say trying to ease her pain but she finally bursts.

"Yes. We have to go." She demands while her voice got a tad bit louder. I didn't say anything.

"Calum ..." Her high pitched voice cracked but I didn't laugh. I know this was a serious topic. She sighed afterwards.

"I was a freshman ..." She starts off with and looks back out the window. Telling me her pain.

Kate's flashback and POV.

"Give me my phone Calum." I try taking it from his hand but couldn't. His skinny bones and tall legs couldn't match for my small 14 year old self.

"Reach for it Kate." I hear his Australian accent distinctly. He held my phone up high as I tried jumping for it but didn't get it. Our laughter filled the hallway as the other students went from point A to point B.

His tight black skinny jeans and maroon polo shirt stood tall as I gave up and he finally gives me my phone. Calum is a foreign exchange student. No one really likes him because of his style but I like him.

"What are you doing tonight?" I ask him while we both begin walking to our next class. I push my glasses in and look up at him.

His fluffy black hair and pale complexion made me admire him. Although we were just friends, I thought of him as more-but he doesn't know that shhhh-.

"We can play Xbox and talk about girls if you want." I nudge his shoulder as he lets out a loud "HaHa!" knowing that I suck at playing xbox.

"I want to but I can't." He utters over the loud crowds of people. For I know what his reason is going to be.

"I have to see me girl." He says with a smile but I didn't grin.

His girlfriend only wanted to be his gf because he's just another guy she can check off from her Guys I Want To Date lost and he's in a band.

"Don't be so sad abou it." He purposely mess my hair up by giving me a noogie so I can laugh about it. He continues to laugh but then stop when he sees her.

"Okay Kate. See ya." He run backwards and wink then gave his girlfriend a hug. He twirls her around and start sucking each others faces off.

I walk away holding my book and pushing my glasses towards my face wishing that that was me.

Even though I di-

"Why are you mad at him then?" Austin interrupts my story. I stop and right before I was gonna scream at him for interrupting someone knocks on the glass window.

I lower the car window and notice that Alex is bent over to look inside the car.

"We're about to get settled in." He says as Austin responded with a okay and got out of the car. My mouth is left wide open knowing that Austin just blew my story. He takes his phone out and started texting people.

Wow.

"What about my story?" I ask Austin as he opens my car door while holding his phone. He looks up at me and smiles.

"Tell me later." He shrugs as I get out and he close the door. His eyes glued to his phone and walking back into the house. The house where I don't want to go back into.

Soooooo IT'S FRIDAY FRIDAY GOTTA GET DOWN ON FRIDAY !! HAHA jk in not getting down, I'd drinking apple juice right now :D ha !!

but anyways I would appreciate it if you guys voted and commented more :) it kind a motivates me to write and stuff thank you for the people who do comment and vote :)

15 votes and I'll make chapter 17 !! Yeee :)

I'll see you guys next chapter

Don't forget to tweet me ---> Mahomies_Dream ... And don't forget to follow me on wattpad

-A