chapter 6

Alex's POV

"How come you didn't tell me you knew Kate?" Austin speaks in a surprised tone.

"You saw me and her walking together yesterday." I utter with a obvious 'duhh tone. I grab my book bag and so did Austin. Zach and Rob go to school later on.

"Yea but I thought you two were just acquaintances .." He says as we both walk out of the house and close the door behind us.

"I've known Kate since kindergarten. She's like a sister to me .." I explain as Austin clicks a button on his car key so the doors open. We both get in the car ready to go to school.

I sit there waiting for Austin to turn the car on and drive but he sits there with two hands on the steering wheel.

"Austin .. We have to g-"

"Do you have her number?" He asks while I clench my phone in my hands. Knowing that Austin texts a whole bunch of other girls, i don't want to give it to him.

I'm not gonna give him her phone number. Giving Austin her number will be the death of me. He's going to use her then throw her away like Jamie or Chrissy or Sam -if you know what I mean-.

"I'm not gonna give it to you .." I say putting my phone in my bag. He looks at me with a 'why not' expression.

"Don't give me that look .." I demand with a serious tone. He sit in the drivers seat waiting for me to take my phone out and give him her number.

"Come on Alex .." He pats my shoulder, trying persuade me into giving it to him.

If I give him her number then he's gonna start sending her flirty texts. Misleading her into something she does not understand.

As she said yesterday night, she likes him but I told her not to like him which was a shitty thing for me to do. But its the only thing that will steer her clear from Austin.

"I'm not turning this car on and driving us to school." He looks at the steering wheel then to me. I hate when Austin does this. I need to get to school because I have a test first period.

I look at the time and its 10 minutes before school starts. It takes at least 10 minutes to get to school.

"Turn the car on" I demand with a deeper tone as he shakes his head no and holds the car key in his hands.

"Tell me her number then we can go." He says calmly as he ran his fingers through his hair and look out the window.

I take my phone out of my bag and hold it in my hands. I feel Austin's eyes watching me as I hold the IPhone in my hands. While i decide my decision, I quickly put my phone back in my bag and open the car door.

"I'm not giving it to you, Austin" I stick with my answer as I close the car door and went back in the house. A few seconds later I hear Austin shut his car door and follow me inside the house.

"Come on AC .." I hear his wanting voice following behind me. Demanding me to give him Kate's number.

"Not this girl, Austin ..." I protect her from Austin while settling my bag down on the couch. Zach and Robert walking out from the kitchen asking what's going on.

"He wants me to give him one of my best friends number." I point at Austin as he stood there crossing his selfish arms.

"I've known her as long as I've known you .." I continue.

"Im sorry but you can't just use her like the other girls you'd used." I warn him as he put his hands up in surrender.

"Look, I'm not gonna "use" Kate like the other girls ... I'm just gonna text her." He persuade me as he put his hands in his pocket.

"Come on Alex ... If she's your best friend, then she's my best friend too. I wouldn't do or let anything happen to her ..." He speaks as I feel like he's lying to me.

But he's been my friend since kindergarten and I've known him for some time now. I've seen him at his worsts and I've seen him at his bests. Maybe I should give him her number. Maybe I'm just overreacting.

I surprisingly take my phone out of my bag and hold it in my hand as I thought of this idea. Its just a number.

I'm so tired of Austin being this way. Texting girls and bringing them over to our house. I just don't want that to be Kate.

But he's been my friend. He's been there when I broke up with Sara then got back with her. I've known him for my entire life.

While I was fighting this battle between myself I finally gave up.

"Okay .." I sigh as i hear him whisper 'yes' to himself. I take my phone and give him her number. After the exchange, we hurry out to the car and went to school.

Once I got to school, there was a substitute. That means that we aren't gonna take the test today. But the only thing on my mind was giving Kate's number to Austin for no reason or benefit.

Do you think Alex should have gave Austin her number ? Or do you think he shouldn't have gave him her number?

Comment what you guys think :)

Bxismddodidanddd don't forget to vote for this chapter :) 10 votes and I'll make chapter 7 !!!

Yeee thanks for reading this chapter and I'll see you guys next chapter :)

❤ -A