chapter 44

Kate's POV

"And here's the deck .." Austin concluded his grande tour of the large yaucht.

Candlelights lite everywhere as our hands intertwine together. The sky full of stars and boat swaying with the current. I suddenly feel Austin let go of my hand as I watch the dark horizon.

So calm and so beautiful. Every other boat lined up next to each other as so's Austins. The sound of the water crashing against the side of the boat rung in my ear. Making me smile to myself.

This is the life.

Out of the blue i hear the beginning of You Belong With Me by Taylor Swift playing behind me. I smile to myself, thinking about the time where we shared a moment on the highway.

I turn around and found him standing a few feet away from me holding a red rose. One hand in his pocket and the other holding the elegant flower.

With his head held high, he mouths the words "Come here .." while staring at me with his unreadable eyes. I do as I'm told and walk closer to him.

Every step I take I feel more and more nervous. He takes me hand and brushes his thumb across my knuckles. His soft touch and the cool wind gave me goosebumps.

"Taylor Swift ?" I question sarcastically as his eyes squint and a smile creeps on his face. He nods his head and says Yea as I keep walking towards him.

She doesn't get your humor like I do .. Taylor sings as I look into his mysterious yet gorgeous eyes.

"I bet you take every girl to your yacht." I chuckle as he brings the rose up to his nose and smells it. His eyebrows raise and hazel eyes never leaving mine.

"No ... just you ..." he leans in a whispers so only I can hear. A smirk appears across his face as he leans down and gives me a quick kiss on the cheek. I blush.

Just me ... No one else ... Just me aye? I thought as he takes his free hand and snakes his other one behind me back. The rose in between our connected hands.

She wears short skirts, I wear t shirts .. She sings as he starts stepping to the beat. Left, right, left, right.

His chest against mine and his thumb caressing the side of mine. His finger rubbing circles on my back as my other arm wrap around his neck.

"If you could see that I'm the one who understands you ..." Austin sings along with Taylor but much softer.

"Been here all along so why can't you see —" he looks down at me and mouths the lyrics "You belong with me ... You belong with me .." His eyes wide and he smiles while singing.

He is so adorable.

At this moment and for once I didn't think of Calum or people bullying me. I didn't think of Calum purposely ignoring me after all these years.

All the tears that have fallen and the pain that troubled me after all those regretful years, it didn't cross my mind. All I thought about is Austin and how he makes me happy.

He makes me happy. Its no longer me secretly having a crush on Calum, its me finally realizing that the only thing that makes me happy is ... Austin.