chapter 31 -

Kate's POV

It has been 2 weeks pass by since i left Rocco's house. I haven't talk to Austin, haven't look at him, haven't texted him since then.

Alex has been texting me but I never respond because he was the one who caused this. I think everything would've been normal if I didn't know Austins "secret".

The only safe person to text is Calum. I was just over reacting about last time i saw him. Different feelings going through me and it was just a misunderstanding. The only person I can rely on right now is ... Calum.

I met up with him back at the coffeehouse late last week. Keeping him updated on what's happening or what had happened.

Flashback.

"I can't tell you ... Let's just say Austin and I aren't a thing anymore." I mumbled under my breathe. Calum sat across the table in the coffeehouse. The same coffeehouse where i felt weird "feelings" toward Calum.

"I don't even think we were a thing ..." I sighed and i feel dreadful, gloomy, guilty even.

You promised you wouldn't leave me  .. Austins facial expression stayed in my mind from that day. The agony, the pain ... the disbelief in his eyes.

Promises were meant to be broken .. I replayed my comment back to him as i mentally patted myself on my back. It was a clever comment but it was inappropriate. He probably will never ever trust me again.

"I just wish you would tell me what's wrong with him ..." He looked out the window and clenched his jaw.

I look away wishing I can tell him but ... I just can't. It would be wrong. Silence came after that as if he didn't know what to do or say.

"I just don't know what to do ..." I confessed while sipping my coffee mug. I tell him that its feels different not being with Austin. We used to hang out every weekend and texting each other every day, but now that he's gone it just feels wrong.

Calums phone starts vibrating on the table hinting him that he had a call. He takes it and answers "hello." with a deep sigh as if he was disappointed. He nods then mumbles something while I look out the window.

The raindrops drift down the glass window as the dark grey sky hid the sun from shining. Its one of those days where you just want to go to sleep and watch Netflix all day. A day filled with gloomy souls and broken hearts.

"Okay .. ill be there." He speaks while looking into my eyes then hung up the phone. I sipped my coffee as he put the phone in his pocket and stood up. My eyes followed him wondering where hes going.

"I have to get back. The mates told me they're working on the album .." I hear his accent very distinctively. I nodded as he stood next to me as i sat here. He leaned down and kissed the top of my head and patted my shoulder.

"Thanks for the coffee Calum" I mumbled while grasping onto my coffee mug and gliding my thumb against the warm glass.

"You're welcome dear ... Ill text you later Kate mate." He stated my freshman nickname and i smiled lightly. He gave me one of his don't-be-sad smirks then left.

 I watched him as he look both ways before jogging across the street and going to fulfill his duties. His hair exposed to the soft raindrops outside and the dark sky. Leaving me all alone at this coffeehouse, leaving me here with my thoughts and concerns.

Couples hugging around me made me sick. It made me think of love very poorly ...

End flashback.

Since dad is away on a business trip, mom decided to make dinner for Teddy (My baby brother) and I. Its spaghetti and meatballs tonight.

"So how was school?" Mom asked me as i stab the meatball with my fork. I don't feel like talking so i answered with nodding my head up and down.

Today is not my day. Well these past 2 weeks haven't been the most cheerful. After Austin, after i met with Calum it just seems ... miserable. There no one to talk to.

 "Hows Austin?" She asked as if she was afraid of the question. I took a bite of the spaghetti and shrugged. I don't want to talk about this subject.

10 minutes of silence, random questions and more shrugging, she finally ticked. "What is wrong with you ?? .." The tone in her voice more stronger and demanding.

"Because you've been acting very depressive lately and I'm concerned ..." She uttered while feeding my brother another spoonful of chopped meatballs.

"Is it school ?" She asked but i didn't say anything. I  shook my head slightly and continued eating. She then started to name these random stuff that she thinks would make me sad like grades ? or my car?

No mom its not my grades nor my car.

She threw her hands up in surrender and gave me a -what is-going-on facial expression. She sighed and look deep into my eyes. "Is it Austin?" She asked again as i look up at her.

I bit the skin from the bottom of my lips as her eyes soften and she cleared her throat. "Did you guys break up?" She asked surprised while i twirled spaghetti noodles around my fork. I'm not hungry anymore.

"We never started .." I glance at her with my voice shaking. Memories of Austin and I trolling through the park and kissing underneath the tree flashed through my head as i got up. 

"Where are you going?" She asked innocently as i put my bowl in the sink and walk pass her to go up the stairs.

"Mom. i just need time to think about what happened ... and to comprehend everything .." I uttered gloomily. Silence filled the room as i begin hear the sounds of pitter patter on the rooftop. It just started raining. It reminded me of the flashback.

"Okay honey." She mumbled with a cheerful smile. I smiled slightly as i put my hood over my head and flop on my bed.

 I turned and noticed the raindrops gliding down my window pane. The same dark grey sky in my flashback and the same feeling i had on that day with Calum.

I went under my blankets and enjoyed my Sunday evening watching How I Met Your Mother on Netflix.

O H. M Y. G E R D how was this chapter guys ? Its a bit gloomy but everything has to go downhill :) butttttt i just want to say thanks for voting and commenting on chapter 30 !!

This chapter goes to @mixer670 because she dedicated a chapter to me and put me in her amazing book soooo here you go gurrrl :D hahahaha sorry if this chapter was sad :(

BUTTTTTT IF YOU WANT TO BE DEDICATED FOR THE NEXT CHAPTER ... VOTE, FOLLOW ME AND COMMENT FOR A DEDICATION :) you guys are great :) i love you guys

30 votes and ill maked chapter 32 :) you wouldnt want to miss chapter 32, now wouldnt you ?? :D hahaha and comment what you think about this chapter :)

byeeeee lovelys :)

❤ -A