chapter 37

Kate's POV

"Why are you so afraid to fall in love ?!" He screams frantically behind me. After i had said no, he got mad and then started throwing questions at me. So I walked off.

Why are you afraid to fall? Why won't you fall in love? These are the questions I should be asking him but I already know the answer to them.

My thoughts were then interrupted by Austin calling my name several time behind me. It reminds me of when I walked out on him when he confessed his love to me.

If we go out, what will happen? We would break,up because of the distance. I don't want to hurt him like what happens in the movies. I can't do that to him.

"Kate please ..." He runs in front of me and stops, forcing me to stop walking. His voice gentle and sweet.

"What are you so afraid of ?" He asks taking a step torwards me. His thumb and finger reach my chin and tilt my head up.

Him looking down at me and our eyes meet. Every time i look in his eyes, i give in. Thats just the way it is. Austins confused face makes me answer his question again in my head.

Because in the end I don't want to hurt you. I speak while furrowing my eyebrows. His hand leaves my chin and slips it against my cheek (not that cheek) ;). I feel his thumb move side to side. Calming me down.

When he touches me like this, I feel weak and vulnerable. With his eyes staring down at me I close mine and feel his irresistible touch. For this one moment it feels right.

We both start to calm down and breathe at a steady pace. I suddenly feel his cold wet lips on mine as he holds my head in place. A deep kiss more wanting and needing.

"Why?" He whispers pulling away. The way he lightly brushes my hair with his thumb afterwards distracts me. God ... What is he doing to me? I smile thinking about every time we had kissed.

I then sigh and tell him that I don't want to hurt him. I tell him that I'm going to college after high school and he stands still as a statue. Eyes frozen and lips parted.

"I'm afraid to hurt you ... and knowing you came from a disturbed past relationship, I can't hurt you like the way she did .. I won't." I stare into his frozen frame. Eyebrows creased in and eyes blinking disbelieving the words that are coming out my mouth.

"See that's why I didn't want to tell you ..." I pull away from his hold and walk a few steps back. His eyes following me, just watching.

"I knew you would freak ou-" I'm then cut off by him pressing his lips on mine once again. His kiss passionate and slow. This .. Is ... So ... Right.

I feel everything around us disappears and its just him and I. Our mouths moving in sync as his soft thumb carress my cheek. I want him.

"I don't care if you're going to college ... I don't care if you hurt me ..." He speaks softly, faces inches apart from each other and breathing insanely fast.