chapter 34

Kate's POV

"Just ..." Austin hesitates while taking the folded paper out of his pocket. His range rover to the left of us and my house to the right.

"Don't read it in front of me ..." His tone filled with grief and unsettling eyes. He holds the paper in his hand as I look at it. I think I know what it is.

The dull light blue sky gazed down at us. It makes me see more of Austins features. Uneasy eyes, light pink lips, hair a mess and brows scrunched.

My heart beats faster as I take the paper. My fingers lightly brush his hand while electricity dance through my body. I flush and keep my head down so he doesn't see me.

"W-what is it ?" I ask while holding the paper as mom screamed thanks and bye to Austin from the front door.

"BYE MRS.JOHNSON." Austin shouts and waves back, mom closes the door. The sun about to rise as Austin slowly turns his head towards me and lightly smiles. His eyes squinted and mysterious.

Our eyes meet and his face soften. He licks his bottom lip while running his fingers through his hair. Goosebumps form on my forearm as I look away.

His eyes gazing at me and it feels ... intimidating. An uneasy feeling crawl through my bones as I squirm.

"Uh ... " I push my glasses towards my face while I see him look away from the corner of my eyes. Like he feels uneasy himself.

"I'll read it." I utter without looking at him. So this is it. A point of no return.

I gulp as he takes a step closer to me and reaches his hand out and caresses my arm. His cologne intoxicating me and no space in between us. I'm frozen.

He leans down and whispers "Text me when you're done reading it ..." The hairs on the back of my neck stand up while he breathes hot air against the base of my neck. His thumb moves side to side like he used to before to calm me down.

He suddenly takes one deep breathe in then steps away leaving his electrifying touch on my skin. When he gets in his car I automatically exhale the air I was holding in and touch the spot where he touched me.

Next thing I knew he smiles lightly and drives away. While I watch his car roll away from my driveway, I grasp the folded paper in my hand.

Text me when you're done reading it ... His intoxicating words filled my mind while I walk back to my house.

When I get there mom is standing near the couch with a worried look on her face. She starts off with "what happened." then it went to "don't scare me like that again". You know ... typical scared mom stuff.

But once she finished with her don't run away again speech(which is ridiculous because I didn't run away) she went upstairs and tended to Teddy.

I follow her upstairs and dash in my room and closed the door. Impatient and anxious to see the note Austin gave me.

Is it a love note ? Maybe he wrote down his apology on a piece of paper. Why would he apologize? My mind boggled.

- Dear Austin, - I read to myself while laying on my bed.

Wait ... This isn't a love note(damn) ... Its a girls handwriting ... My eyes quickly skimmed the note to the end - Love, Cara -- it said. My eyes widen.