chapter 13

Kate's POV

"So Austin ..." My dad speaks with joy as Austin looks up. Each of us has a slice of moms homemade lasagne. One for me, Austin, mom, dad and my baby brother who is sitting in his miniature table.

His bib is filled with lasanga sauce as my mom feeds him some a little at a time. I smile while he makes cute baby noises.

"Yes sir." Austin responses as a gentlemen which catches me off guard. My dad immediately then asks him if he's dating me.

"Dad .." My voice grew as all three of them look at me.

"Were-"

"Were just friends, dad" I interrupt Austin as dad nods his head and continues eating his food.

I glance up at Austin as he scrunches his eyebrows and flashes me a sweet smile. The whole time at the dinner table, my mom was talking about Austins fame.

"Did you know that Austins famous?" My mom touches my dads arm as he says "oh really?" He looks at Austin but Austin doesn't mind. His face turns bright red while explaining how he got famous.

After mom starts explaining that he goes to my school and that it's on the news that a famous person is schooling with me. Schooling in general.

This is horrible. I think to myself as I take another bite of my moms lasagna. Moms cooking is great actually. The melted mozzarella cheese done well with the ricotta cheese and the soft, thick noodles. It works extremely great specially with the tomato sauce and well cooked ground beef.

My parents start getting comfortable with Austin and vice versa. They begin talking about school and how its hard to get a normal life while Austins famous and all.

"So if I sang in front of your management, would they sign me?" Dad asks Austin as they all begin laughing including Austin.

This is so embarrassing.

"You wouldn't want to hear, Jerry here, sing." My mom pats my dad on the shoulder while they all begin laughing again. What is so funny ?

I take a gulp of the glass of water in front of me and felt it refresh my scenses. I need to get out quick. I should pretend to be sick. Thats great ! Here I go-

"I have a question to ask you, Mr. and Mrs. Johnson." Austin mumbles while I sit back down. Austin interrupts my "sick" plan as I prop my head up with my hands and stare at everyone around the table.

Both their eyebrows rise and leaned in forward for him to speak. They're probably impressed by how Austins acting.

My eyes wide open as I adjust my glasses to see their faces. My heart racing wondering what Austin's gonna ask them.

He looks down at his empty plate of lasagna and smiles widely to himself. His smile is amazing. So innocent and precious.

"Since there's a 3 day break next week ..." He glances up and I saw the way he held back the question.

"Go on, you can tell us." My dad insists in him telling them. Austin clears his throat and smiles a little and stares at me with soft eyes.

"I was wondering if Kate can come with me and my friends to a lake house." He questions while fiddling with his thumbs.

I then look over at my parents and they both are looking at each other. As if they are speaking to each other telepathically.

"And where is this lake house?" My mom ask as they both looked at Austin for an answer.

He then starts explaining that it's his lake house. So whenever he feels stressful he goes there and relaxes. Blocking everything out so its just him to worry about.

While Austin was explaining the location of the house I look back at my parents and they seem to believe every word he says. They both nod and ask about my safety.

"She'll be 100% safe." Austin glances at me. The ends of his lips curled up into a light smile. I feel my cheeks heat up suddenly.

After my parents both agree for me to go, they start putting all the dirty plates in the kitchen while Austin and I quickly head for the front door.

"It was nice to meet you Austin." Dad shakes his hand and so does my mom. He says the same thing back to them as we make it out the door.

"That was interesting." I point out while I close the door with hurry. AUSTIN and I are alone. Finally. His hands in his pockets and his hazel orbs staring at me.

The night overcame us as the porch light shined dull light down on us. His eyes staring but I give him a awkward smile.

What is he thinking? Why is he looking at me like that ? What now?

He takes his hands out of his pockets and starts walking closer to me. Every step he takes I hold my breathe in. Not that he sticks -he smells great by the way- but because I kinda know what he's gonna do.

He takes his left hand and reaches out and touches my right arm. His thumb glides side to side which gives me chills. I look up at him and his eyes are closed, head leaning down towards me and lips about to purse out.

My eyes widen as everything seemed to be going 10 times slower than usual.

"S- So about that lake house." My voice trembles as I dodge his motions and walk down my porch steps, leaving him back there. I sit on the first step and calm my nerves.

I hear his heavy footsteps behind me, getting closer until I hear it stop and him sitting down next to me.

"Dont worry about the lake house ... You'll get to see it next week." The sweetness in his tone settle me down. I inhale then exhale slowly still trying to calm my nerves.

What's wrong with me? What's so hard about kissing?

An awkward silence grew after and Austin gets up. I watche him go down the stairs and stand in front of me. His brows rise and lips curled into a light smile.

"I have to go. I'll see you tomorrow" He seems let down. All of a sudden he leans towards me, takes his hand out of his pocket, gently grab my arm and slowly kisses my forehead.

His tender pink lips left my forehead and I slowly open my eyes and watche him smile with his teeth and walk back to his car.

While waving bye he drove away as I feel my cheeks heat up and a huge smile creeps across my face.

WHAT DO YOU THINK IS GONNA HAPPEN AT THE LAKEHOUSE ?!?! I NEED IDEAS I'M BLANKING OUT HAHA!!

But don't forget to vote for this chapter :) 15 votes and I'll make chapter fourteen !!

DON'T FORGET TO FOLLOW MY ON WATTPAD MAHOMIES OR NON MAHOMIES !! HAHAHA

Comment what you think about this chapter and don't forget to vote :)

I'll see you guys next chapter. ❤

❤ -A