chapter 14

A week later ...

Kate's POV

"Mom, he's waiting outside." I complain while holding my bag. It was filled with my bathing suit and 3 days worth of clothes. 

"Don't forget to shower after you go in the lake .." She says while handing me sunscreen. I stuff it quickly in my bag as I look at my watch. I'm late.

"Okay mom." I slowly make my way towards the front door but my dad came downstairs.

"Thats enough honey." My dad calm my mother as he places his hand on her shoulder and glares at me.

"Don't do anything dirty or nasty during your vacation." He jeers and I laugh and nod my head.

"I'm serious. No. Sex." He emphasize on every word while looking directly into my shocked eyes. They both laugh as I hug them and went on my way. I run out the front door relieved that I got out of there.

"NO. SEX REMEMBER!" Dad scream as I look back and they both are waving bye.

I kept my running pace as i begin waving bye back.

"BYE DA-"

I'm interrupted by my whole body crashing into the side of Austins range rover. My body falls to the ground like a noodle falling on the floor.

I open my eyes and feel my glasses aren't on my face. I hear someone get out of the car and run towards me. With my blurry vision I start crawling on the floor looking for my glasses.

I felt like Velma from Scooby Doo whenever she lost her glasses.

"Oh god." I mumbles lowly as I pat the floor trying so hard to see normal. But all I saw is the blurry ground.

"Here." I hear Austins voice as he helps me up and I squint my eyes. Trying to adjust my vision. All I see is his blurry face, I'm really blind.

I feel him hand me my glasses as I unfold them and put them back on. My vision adjusts and I can see his detailed face now. I clear my throat while looking up at the sky.

"That was really embarrassing." I utter as he laugh. His eyes squints and brows rises. A sweet laugh came out of his mouth while i feel my cheeks heat up.

I quickly pick up my bag off the floor and look at my parents. My dad gives me a thumbs up with a -ihopeshesalright- smile on his face.

Oh god.

"It all happened so fast." He jokes as I chuckle and relay the embarrassment in my head over and over again. We both got in the car and drive off to the lake house.

•••

"The boys said that they'll meet us there so its just us .." Austin tells me while turning up the radio.

He accelerates and pass slow drivers on the highway. I hold onto my bag and feel a slight pain on my cheekbone. Probably from when I hit his car with my face.

"Are you okay?" He asks as I adjusts my glasses and look into the vanity mirror. 

The whole side of my right face was reddish. It doesn't hurt when I poke my cheek but when I poke my cheekbone it hurt so bad.

I fix my bangs and push the mirror back up. I mumble that I'm okay and I put my bag in the backseat. While Austin is driving, I turn the volume up so he would have to scream to catch my attention.

You Belong With Me by Taylor Swift starts playing. I start fangirling but Austin didnt see.

"You're on the phone with your girlfriend she's upset ..." I start singing.

"She's going off about something that you said. 'Cause she doesn't get your humor like I do." I turn my head and glance at Austin. The ends of his lips curled up and smile while I'm singing

"I'm in the room, it's a typical Tuesday night."

"I'm listening to the kind of music she doesn't like."

"And she'll never know your story like I do." I lower the loud music while Austin looks at me with a what are you doing face.

"Don't you like Taylor Swift ?" I ask cheerfully as Taylor sings but she wears short skirt ...

He laughs and concentrates on the road ahead of him.

"I like her." He says with a gentle smile. He begin lowering the music while talking.

"I used to tour with her." He confides while putting both his hands on the steering wheel.

My eyes widen remembering him telling me that he's famous. My heart races knowing that I know a person who knows another celebrity.

"How is she like?" I ask turning my whole body towards him as he turns the volume up a little louder.

That what you're looking for has been here the whole time. Taylor sang.

"She was really sweet." He says sweetly while running his fingers through his hair and taking a glance at me.

He starts explaining to me that he opened up for Taylor in her Red tour and that he met Ed Sheeran too. He describes her as if she has influenced his life.

"Taylor believed in me and said that I was capable of extraordinary things." Austin chuckles while I sit here in awe.

"I would want to meet her." I hint while turning my body and turning up the volume. Taylor is singing the second verse now.

"Maybe I'll give her a call." He shouts over her voice as I turn the volume down and screams "Really?" so loudly.

"Yea why not." He looks at me and smiles while looking into my eyes. I flashe him a wide grin and sit back in my seat.

He turns up the volume and we both start singing with Taylor.

"If you could see that I'm the one who understands you. Been here all along. So, why can't you see—" We both sing the high part. I can't hear him because the music is too loud. But I bet he sounds amazing since he's famous.

"You belong with me,"

"You belong with me?" We look at each other while singing our lungs out. We both laugh and enjoy each others company.

While singing I instantly remember when I used to like this one boy. When his girlfriend never really cared about him and when we use to talk. He always thought of me as a sister but I thought of him as more than a friend.

Whenever I sing this song, im always reminded about him and how I should've went for him. But couldn't.

I'm then interrupted by Austin calling my name multiple of times. I look at him with confusion in my eyes as he lowers the music.

"Are you alright?" He asks looking at me then back at the road. Then back at me then back at the road.

"I'm fine." I mumble blocking out the memories. I stare out the window and try to remember why I stopped talking to him.

"Do you want to talk about it?" Austin questions as I look over at him and nod no. His eyebrows rise, concerned about me.

"When you want to talk about it, I'm here." He arrantly says as I nod and he turns the music up.

Rather Be by Clean Bandit started playing on the radio. That's my jam but I didn't feel like singing it. The memory wrecked my day.

so I didn't have school today !! Yayy mee hahha !!! Omfg Austin got a Lamborghini !!

But anywaysss what do you guys think? I think it's pretty funny how she ran into Austin's car. Hahaha I was cracking up at that part :)

COMMENT WHAT YOU THINK GUYS

VOTE FOR CHAPTER 15 !! YEEEE :)

15 votes and I'll make chapter 15 :) don't forget to follow me on wattpad guys :)

❤ -A