chapter 36

Kate's POV

"Kate! .. wait up! ..." Austin yells through the streets of Miami. My jacket hung from my arm flopping up and down as I speed walk away from him.

He can't love me. He doesn't even know the meaning of it ... But who does?

"KATE!" Austin shouts from behind me. The devastation and horror were distinct in that one word.

I push my glasses towards me face and keep speed walking. Different people looking at me and Austin. Faces filled with concealment and carelessness. I feel ashamed even.

"Kate please .." I feel Austin whisper as he gets a hold of my arm and slows me down. I exhale slowly as my walking comes to a stop. I'm forced to face my fears.

His eyebrows creased in, eyes filled with worry, mouth parted and jaw clenched. Hes confused, i can tell. His hazel orbs meet with my brown and i feel embarrassed. Embarrassed for walking out on him.

"Why did you leave?" His voice settle and eyes gentle. Girls behind him talking pictures of us. I forgot, hes famous.

"I don't know .." I lied while shaking my head and looking down.

Its because you don't know the meaning of love. You use girls to cope with your dead ex girlfriend. Which is NOT the way to love or to love someone. I answer his question in my mind.

Austins hand leaves my arm while he puts them both in his pants pockets. "I know you're lying .." I hear him chuckle afterwards. I look up and our eyes meet. A smile on his face which makes me feel safe and warm inside.

I stare into his eyes wanting to tell him. "Tell me ..." He whispers while taking a step towards me. Mahomies behind him freaking out because of his gesture.

I cant tell him while his fans are standing behind him. It would be wrong. I don't want to make a scene about it-

"Forget about them ..." He says reading my mind while motioning over to his mahomies. "You're the only one i care about right now ..." His voice so mysterious and low. I smile to myself as i feel the butterflies in my stomach start fluttering again.

"Please ... tell me .." His hand reaches out and starts caressing my cheek. I close my eyes and enjoy his touch i urged so much. His thumb slowly strokes side to side my cheek as i feel helpless by his handle.

"Its because -" I was cut off by more Mahomies calling Austins name out and asking if he can autograph their belongings. I feel him sigh then he takes a hold of my hand and whispers "Come on .."

Austin then starts running and i follow behind him. Our hands intertwined together and our bodies running towards his car.

~~~~

Austin pulls into the empty space on top of the mountain. Where that same exact bench stood there overlooking Miami. The sun high and the beautiful spring morning woke up the colorful leaves on the trees and flowers.

"It was getting stressful down there .." Austin speaks as he runs his finger through his hair. Mahomies screaming to take a picture with him and me being stubborn not telling him why i left. I can see how hes stressed right now.

The sun blazes through the window and shines on Austins beautiful face. His eyes squinted, hair pushed back and pink lips being licked by his pink tongue. He is so attractive.

The car suddenly stops and Austin gets out and so do i. He grabs my hand and intertwines our fingers together. My heart skips a beat when he looks down at me and smiles graciously.