chapter 49

Austin's POV

"Thank you so much Alex !!" I scream while getting up and hugging Alex. The empy box of the newest pair of Jordan's fell down on the floor as I hold both of them while hugging my best friend.

They'll do just great with my 600 pair collection. I look at them with awe in my eyes as I sit back down on the couch filled with gift wrappings. The crew, Becky, and friends including Cameron, Tyler and other girls gather around me while I move onto the next birthday present.

The boys all gave me shoes besides Becky. She gave me a necklace that matches her which I accepted but isn't necessary. Mom comes from the kitchen and tells us that the food is ready.

Every year on my birthday, mom always cooks Alfredo. Its a Mahone tradition and I'm thankful. It seems like everything is ... normal. Being famous and all, this happens once in a blue moon.

We all get up from the couch and make our way to the kitchen. As I grab some Alfredo, the doorbell rings. My head instantly looks towards the door hoping its Kate. My heart racing and fingers cross that it is Kate.

Mom makes her way towards the door and opens it, its not Kate. Rocco appears from the door with Summer and his wife. The crew and I make our way towards them and greet them hi.

Rocco and his wife tells me happy birthday as I say thank you while bending down to get eye level with Summer. "Hi Summer .." I greet her with an ecstatic tone as a wide grin appears from her face.

"Hi Austin." Her sweet fetus voice says shyly as she sways back and forth with her pretty spring dress. Her cheeks turn red as she jumps into my arms. I stand up while holding her with one arm, telling Rocco and his wife to go enjoy themselves.

"Sorry if were late Austin .." Rocco says as I look at my watch. 9:10. The party started at 7 but its fine. My condo filled with friends and family makes me happy. It makes me feel loved.

"Its okay" I mutter while I jump up to hold Summer closer to me. They both smile at me as I tell them to go enjoy themselves again.

They both don't want me to take care of Summer since its my birthday but I insist."Thank you Austin." Rocco's wife whispers in my ear as they both walk into the crowd of people who are celebrating my birthday.

Kate's mom, dad and brother are here but Kate isnt. They told me she isn't coming which didn't surprise me. I tried calling her but she didn't answer.

As i hold Summer in hands, I go to the kitchen. I place her on the counter and gave her a small piece of cake. I watch her carefully as her small mouth eats the vanilla flavored cake with a smile on her face.

I wipe her mouth with a paper towel as she keeps eating the delicious vanilla cake. We blew the candles out already so no need to worry. 19.

19 years living on this earth. 19 years of unhealthy relationships but 19 years waiting for the one. And I think I found her. Kate.

While watching Summer eat, I started imagining having kids myself. Having kids with Kate. But it's too early right? Its too early for kids but I do want at least 1 or 2.

"Do you want more?" I ask Summer as i notice her finish the cake on the plate. She takes her paper plate and holds it out. "Yes please." She mumbles sweetly as I smile at her. She does the same.

"Okay." I mumble while cutting another piece of cake and placing it on the plate. A sudden ring of the doorbell startled me. I quickly put the knife down and gave the plate with the cake to Summer.

I immediately grab her as shes eating the cake and make it towards the front door. Anxious to see if it's Kate or not ... Its not. Sara, Alex's girlfriend, walks through the door and says happy birthday to me and asks me where Alex is.

"In the living room ..." I say pointing to the living room as she says hi to Summer but she's too busy eating the cake. I smile to the side and watch the front door close.

"Shes not coming is she?" I turn to Summer as she stops eating and looks at me with her cheeks filled with cake. Her eyes wide and she tries smiling but the cake in her mouth is in the way.

She then continues eating as I walk upstairs and let her eat in my empty room. Babysitting Summer isn't new to me. Rocco trusts me with her and so do I. I love Summer with all my heart.

Minutes and an hour goes by as I keep hearing the doorbell ringing. Me running down the stairs with Summer trying to find out if it's Kate, but its not. Rocco and his wife having fun talking to friends and familiar faces filled my condo.

By 11, friends and relatives started making it out my condo including my mom. She says she needs to do errands tomorrow so she left me with one last birthday gift.

A never before seen picture of my dad, Mema, me and mom. My eyes started watering as she gave me a kiss on the cheek and left. I smile as I put it in my back pocket.

By 12 everyone was out of the condo. Kate's mom,dad and son left an hour ago with the rest of everyone else. The crew and i sit on the couch looking at the mess on the floor and plates and cups everywhere.

My eyes heavy and beginning to fall asleep. Alex, Rob and Zach talking about the new Call Of Duty game the just came out. They're looking to buy it tomorrow as I close my eyes and enjoyed my 19th birthday.

Suddenly the doorbell rings. My heart given up on Kate coming so I just slouch on the couch still with my eyes closed. Hands crossed and legs spread wide open. So comfortable.

"That must be Sara. She left her bag here." I hear Alex say as she gets up from the couch and runs towards the front door. Rob and Zach turning on the TV convince that Robs going to beat Zach in COD.

"Hey Sara ... and ... " I hear Alex says unsure as I start falling into limbo. The sound of bombs and gun shots come out of the TV but I don't mind the noise.

"Sure come in ..." Alex says in the distance while I concentrate on the noise of the TV. I must've blanked out because next thing I knew was me waking up from someone screaming.

"AUSTIN !!" I hear my name being screamed as I jump up and my eyes shot wide open. "What?!" I mumble squinting my eyes and rubbing them. I sit up from the couch while I hear silence.

Silence. No gun shots from the TV and no bombs blowing. Just silence.

I open my eyes and I see Rob, and Zach sitting there looking at me with controllers in their hands. Alex and Sara standing feet's in front of me. A blur standing next to them as I rub my eyes again.

I open my eyes more widely as I gasp. "Kate" I whisper with joy.

B wonflejdsjd sorry for ending it at a cliffhanger :) hahahaa omfg but I love this chapter ... n eidjdj AUSTIN OMFG I LOVE AUSTIN MAHONE ..

45 votes and I'll make chapter 50 :) vote bc you love me and you want to see what happens next :) hahha

Anyways sorry for this short A/N but I love you guys so much ... Comment anything you want :) ily guys

-A