chapter 29 -

Kate's POV

"I know I'm late ... stop screaming Alex ..." Austin demanded while holding his phone against his ear. Isnt this illegal? You cant talk on the phone while driving. But i wont say anything because i can tell Austin's furious.

"Im coming .." He growled which startled me. Angry Austin is back. I glance over at him and observed him.

Face a slight reddish color, lips turned into a hardline, eyes filled with rage and irritated, hes breathing harder and his jaw clenched. I want to ask him if hes alright but im scared to talk to him when hes angry.

I can hear Alex yelling coming out of Austins speakers. Alex's too mad. Austin's mad too. Everybodys mad. I'm not mad.

I steadily lifted my hand and took a risk by putting it on his thigh. He looked at me with his scary eyes but then his face softened and he smiled graciously at me.

Hes silent for a few minutes then he inhaled through his nose then exhaled from his mouth. He smiled slightly and cleared his throat.

 "No .. im with Kate." He spoke without taking his eyes off mine. His facial expression blank and serious. Eyes filled with mystery. What is he thinking ?

But something was different when he spoke those 4 words. A sign of relief or reassurance.

"WHAT!?" I hear Alex scream through the phone. Austin turned his head, looking at the road in front of him and sighed deeply. His eyes filled with uncertainty and guiltiness.

"We'll be there in a few." He uttered monotony. Just like that Austin hung up, not giving time for Alex to respond back. Why is Alex so mad? Why is he mad when Austin said "I'm with Kate."

Austin dropped his phone in the cup holder and reached for my hand that was still on his lap. He held it up and kissed my knuckles softly and slowly. His touch electrifies me every time.

"They're going to be shocked when they see you ..." He lightly chuckled while lowering our hands and kept it on his lap. I scrunched my eyebrows wondering why would they be shocked. They know me already.

•••

"Hey Rocco .. Sorry I'm late." Austin said as we both walked in Rocco's house. A normal 2 story house, quite spacious and famous like.

The first things I saw were girl toys and Barbie's on the floor. Hinting me that Rocco probably has a daughter or maybe he likes Barbies. I don't know.

"It's okay Austin ... And you must be Kate." I heard my name as I jolted up and saw a bald guy -not to be mean- walking over to me. He reminds me of Pitbull.

He hugged me as I took the friendly gesture. I didn't see the crew anywhere so I'm guessing they must be downstairs or upstairs.

"So where's Jess and Summer?" Austin asked Rocco as I pushed my glasses towards my face. They must be his family.

Rocco then explained that they were at Jess's moms house while we all headed downstairs. Austin turned back and took hold if my hand. He smiled and winked so graciously. I flush.

On our way down there were carpeted floors leading down to the basement. Very homelike and safe.

Once we reached downstairs it look exactly like a home studio. Where like celebrities record their music.

Like why is there a studio in Rocco's house?

Again, the room is very spacious. About 2 long couches and like 74 flat screen TVs can fit in here. A medium size booth with a mic hanging from the ceiling. Very spacious.

Then I saw them. Robert, Zach ... Alex. They all were sitting down on the couches but once we came in they all stood up. Alex's arms were crossed like hes still furious.

I tried letting go of Austins hand but he refused to. Alex glared at our hands intertwined together as i feel guilty for some reason. Rob and Zach gave Austin a hug then gave me a hug.

I can feel the emotional intensity in the room. Rocco probably felt it too because he went back upstairs and gave me a i-wouldnt-be-here-if-i-were-you face.

The basement door closed and my heart beats faster. I feel like I'm going to be scolded as I look at Alex. Very scary. I've never seen him this mad before.

"So you lied ..." Alex spoke while glaring at Austin. Austin let go of my hand instantly and took a step closer to Alex.

"Not here AC" his soft voice trying to calm Alex down. But sounded like hes keeping something from me.

I'm confused. What is happening right now?

Alexs eyes shifted to mine as his face softens. He ran his fingers through his hair and sighed. Everyone waiting for what he's going to say.

"Kate, can I have a moment with Austin?" He said surprisingly sweetly as I nodded and walked upstairs.

I was stopped by Austin walking behind me and pulling my arm. Next thing I knew Austins lips were connected to mine. Not really a good time Mahone. But it feels so ... good. The kiss feels more needing than before.

He pulled away and caressed his thumb against my cheek. "Promise you won't leave me after today ..." He whispered as I scrunched my eyebrows. What? Why would I leave him?

"Promise ? ..." He whispered sweetly as he lifted his pinkie up and motioned me to pinky promise.

I lightly chuckle as I feel his breathe against my skin. I wrapped my pinkie around his as I said "Promise." When I said that he leaned in quickly and gave me another sweet kiss.

After a few seconds, I then leaned away and went upstairs happy because of the kiss and confused because ... why would I leave him?

I opened the basement door, walked out and closed the door. With suspicion crawling though my bones i put my ear against the door trying to hear their conversation. I wait and wait until I hear Alex scream "I TOLD YOU NOT TO SEE HER." i froze then stepped back. So many questions going through my mind ... wanting someone to answer them ...

oooooo okay thank you guys soooo so much for reading htis chapter
25 votes and ill make chapter 30 :) and trust me you wontttttt be sorry :)

so this chapter is dedicated to @victorious28 .. in the past she voted for my stories, when we met, scattered and now the unspoken love, soo here ya goo girl

BUT if you want the next chapter to be dedicated to you .. vote and comment THAT YOU WANT TO BE DEDICATED

❤ -A