chapter 42

Kate's POV

"Fuck ..." I mumble to myself as I slide down the closed door. My bottom hits the floor as I realize im running away from my fears once again.

I already know that Austin used girls for sex but ... her ?? Jamie Cruz ?? Out of all of the girls Austin slept with, its Jamie.

Once I looked downstairs and saw her face I froze. Then when she said "Austin here used us for sex then threw us away like trash ..." I was surprised as shit.

Jamie used to bully with me with Briana. Jamie was always with her like white on rice. But when Briana graduated, Jamie stayed with me ever since -since shes in the same grade as me-.

I haven't seen Jamie once I graduated freshman year and now she reappears in my life. Just when everything is going good. How come she gets to co-

"Kate please open the door .." I hear Austin beg while softly knocking. I stare at Austins clothes on the floor contemplating on letting him come in or not.

Its been an hour since I ran up here and slammed the door closed. I was furious ! I'm still surprised that there were other girls with Jamie. I guess he used those tramps too.

Its silent now. The noise of people walking around has now stopped and silence filled the lake house. Are the girls gone?

"Are they gone?" I question while turning my head to the door. Knowing Austins on the other side, waiting for me to come out.

"Yea .." He sighs. "They're gone." His voice soft and relieved. I remained sitting there and listened to Austin breathe on the other side of the door.

"Alex told them that he'll call the cops if they don't get out .." I hear him chuckle. "And they surprisingly did."

My mind went wild. How did they know where Austin was? Why did they come here? Why me?

"I used to bring them here ..." He answered my unspoken question which was weird. "So that's how they knew you were here .."

I wonder if Austin did it with them on those sheets. Ew that's fucking nasty. I look at the white sheets on his bed and had a disgusted look on my face.

"Kate .." Austin interrupts my thoughts. I mumble what to him as he sighs. "Are you mad at me?" He asks sweetly.

I nod my head no but then realize he can't see me so I say "nope" while popping the p.

"You aren't ?" He says surprised and isay Yea. Why is he so shocked that I'm not surprised.

"why did they come all the way here to tell me something I already know ?" I changed the subject while looking at the sunrise across the room.

A beautiful orange glow splashed through the sky and sunlight making its way through the floor. At this moment, I now realized how beautiful sunrises can be.

"Can I please come in ? ..." He whines as I smile. "I want to tell you in person .."

"No" I utter sturdy while getting up and going on his bed. Watching the lock doors knob twist. Austin trying to get in as I laugh and go under the sheets.

"Kate stop playing around .." I hear him laugh, trying to open the door but can't. The white comforter warm and cozy. I love it.

His laughter makes me picture his face while laughing. Hazel eyes squinted, a huge grin on his face stretching from ear to ear, and brows raised. I love his smile.

"I guess you're not sleeping here tonight ..." I laugh while speaking as I close my eyes and get snug in the comforter. I don't know why I'm about to go to sleep, its like 10 in the morning.