chapter 28 -

Austin's POV

"Where are you going, Austin?" Alex asked while squinting his eyes. His blonde highlights in a messy style. A plate full of pancakes eating it joyfully.

"Uh nowhere." I lied intentionally. Kate said she's coming here to talk to me but I can't let her in. Alex still thinks that I'm not seeing her but I am ... secretively.

I don't know why I'm still seeing her. Its been so long since you know ... i had sex. The feeling feels so ... good, it gives me relief.

But I don't know.

I haven't been craving it lately. Whenever I'm with Kate she makes me feel some different type of way. A way I haven't felt in a long time. Its the same feeling when I was with Cara. It feels all foreign and new.

"I know you're going somewhere ..." He pointed his fork at me with a grin on his face. My heart beating fast as if he knew I was going to see Kate.

"Are you seeing someone ?" He asked suddenly as I feel my heart race again. My eyes widen and my heart in my throat. I respond with a "um" when he laughed.

"This is good ... I've never seen you this happy. These past few weeks you've been ... Different. A good different." Alex said with a warm smile. He seemed happy himself.

"But when you get back ... we all have to be at Rocco's at 4." We being Alex, me, Zach and Rob. Alex took a huge bite out of the pancake and I put on my jacket. Wondering why Alex is in such a good mood this morning.

"Okay I'll be back before 4." I said opening the door and waving bye to him. He waved bye and I left.

This morning, I woke up to a text from Kate. She said she needed to talk and that she just got done having drinks with Calum. She also mentioned that she was coming here so that's what freaked me out.

I haven't told Kate that Alex doesn't want me to see her. Which is a stupid thing for me to do since they both know each other. I need to tell her but I don't want to, I can't.

I'm waiting for Kate at a park near the house, a park that we went the second time we hung out. But recapping on this idea of not seeing Kate is completely ridiculous. I don't know why I want to see her, I just do. We haven't even you know ... has sex. She's too fragile to me. I want her first time to be ... special.

Next thing I knew I'm sitting in Kate's car talking to her about Calum and the drinks. Every time she began talking I couldn't help but to smile to myself. She's just so ... pretty. Pretty ? Austin really? What a chump.

"What?" She caught me smiling to myself as I shifted in my seat. Not wanting to tell her the reason why I smile. She pushes her glasses towards her face and smiles. Oh that smile.

"I'm just thinking ..." I said while looking out the window and thinking about her and me. She asked me what I was thinking of and I looked at her.

"Thinking about how beautiful you are." The words came out of my mouth without me even realizing. My eyes widen as I realized what I just said. I watched her as she blushed and squirmed in the drivers seat.  I smiled shyly not regretting what I just said.

What is going on? What's happening to me ?

Kate's POV

"He did what ?!?" Austin said a little too loud in McDonalds. I told Austin what happened at the coffee shop with Calum. How he was too close and intolerably unbearable. I didn't tell him the explicit thoughts that were going through my head. I don't need to.