chapter 52

Kate's POV

I dropped out of Orlando because of Austin ... and because I was having "home sick feelings". I never thought I would get them but I did. Mostly because of Austin.

After getting accepted to Miami, I immediately dropped out and came here. All of my stuff are still at Orlando. I need someone to help me pack up everything there.

Although my roommate is going to be mad, I'm absolutely ecstatic. The first time I stepped out of campus, I felt relieved. The programs in Orlando are incredible but I didn't feel at home. I want to feel comfy and safe in a school I like, and I think that's Miami.

Explaining that to the family felt relieving and ... good. I'm happy about my decision and so are my parents. They're very supportive in what I did and will support my future decisions.

Austin doesn't know that I dropped out for him. If he did, then he would go crazy. He would tell me to follow my heart and go to Orlando, but I am following my heart. I'm following Austin.

"Is it okay if I stay here? Because the university is 20 minutes away." I say while hugging my mom before walking out the door.

"It would be a waste of money if I get a dorm." I smile widely as we both elan away from the hug and walk out the front door. Dad saying bye and that he'll see me later.

"Of course honey ..." Mom spoke with a wide grin. "You're always welcome home." She mumbles and stops at the doorway. Austin and the crew making their way to the cars and I stayed behind.

After having a small pep talk with mom, I gave her one last hug and left. Tomorrow I'm going to rent a U Haul and start to get all my stuff from Orlando.

I rode with Austin and the crew back home. Alex, Rob and Zach decided to grill steak outside and celebrate on my dropping out. Becky celebrating with us and were all catching up on things.

"So what's the real reason why you dropped out ?" Becky asked me as we all sit together like a family, eating our steaks.

I glance over at Austin for some odd reason and wanted to say "because of Austin" but i didn't. His head cocks to one side and a smile slowly appears on his face.

I feel my cheeks heat up as I say "because I missed you guys." Becky gave me a sure-okay face and said "okay, Katie." Not believing what I told everyone.

"Just as long as she's happy .. Right?" I hear Austin speak while raising his glass of water and clincing it with everyone.

"Yea." I say taking a sip of the water while laughing afterwards. Thinking about my happiness and that it lies in Austins arms.

•••

I stand on Austins balcony looking at the sky full of stars. Sweatpants, oversized white t, and hair tied up in a messy bun thinking about life.

"Its 2am, you should get some sleep." I hear someone mumble a couple feet behind me. I turn and see Austin standing besides the sliding door, looking at me. Hair a mess and fully clothed.

"How long have you been standing there?" I asked while leaning on the rail and looking down. The ground meters beneath us. "Long enough." He mutters with a slight chuckle.

He stops beside me with his elbows on the rail, just like me. I took this moment and looked at him. Hair a mess, hazel yet dark eyes looking at the horizon, lips licked and cheeks rosy.

"You dropped out because of me?" He asked as my eyes widen. How did he know? I thought and asked him. His smirk made me have the feels. Its so adorable.