Chapter 13: The Darkest day of the year

Y/n p.o.v

Blood, red blood, the Queen's blood was all I saw, a woman with blonde hair on the floor dead with her eyes rolling back, a man with H/c hair covered in more blood and the cries of a 8 year old girl. She ran and ran but that was all she could see. Death.

My eyes flew open and my body shot up. I was in a cold sweat and my breathing was uneven and I was already crying as silently as I could. As if I couldn't be crying any louder, I here Tori screaming and then crying. I got up and before I left my room, I looked at myself in the mirror and said "Be strong for Tori" I wiped my tears and took a deep breath and then I ran out of my room and headed straight to her room.

I opened the door and she was crying under her bed sheets. I sat on the side of her bead and once she felt me sit, she cried even more, So I pulled the bed sheets off of her. Her blue bell eyes were now red, and rivers falling from her eyes. I pulled her in to a hug "It's okay, Shhhhhh, it was just a bad dream" I said as I ran my hand through her blonde locks, after a few more minutes she finally spoke "I saw mom and she was on the floor and and" Tori couldn't finish, she started to sob again "I Know what you saw and as we get older this day becomes easier" I said as calmly as I could. I bit my tongue and forced myself not to cry, if you cry, she cries even more. After a few more minutes Tori calmed down and then she asked "Is Sasuke going to pick me up today later on?" "Yes, he'll be over at 3pm and you'll sleep over too". Sasuke doesn't exactly seam like the type of guy who would want to have a seven-year-old over, but he and Tori get along very well and each year since that day he offers to help. We both understand each other in a different way except I have to keep Itachi and the truth a secret, but I'll tell him some day, before he kills Itachi. 

I took Tori and I pulled her on to my back where she clung on to me, I went to her bathroom and started to run a warm bath for her, I then told her to get off and I turned around, took a wash cloth and wet it with warm water and whipped her tear stained face "Take a nice warm bath and once your done get dressed and breakfast will be ready"

I went down stairs and turned the T.V on (A/n: idk how technology works in Naruto, but lets just say they got house phones and early 2000's T.V's) I put on the world news channel. And the reporter lady was already talking "Today marks four years, on this dreadful day the world lost two excellent leaders, shinobi's and two little girls lost their parents. King Riker L/n and Queen Rebecca Senju, may you both rest in peace. Now it's been four years. We haven't seen the eldest daughter attended any social even in four years, this worries me an-" I changed to the other news channel. On this one my Grandmama was giving her yearly speech, she'll do this till I take over state. I left the T.V on and I went to the kitchen to start breakfast.

I made eggs and pancake's and I was now setting up the table when I heard "Y/n come look" Tori yelled from the living room. I saw the screen, the palace gates each year had more flowers and candles from people. Then the scene changed, it was the leaf village, and it was in front of our house people had placed Flowers and candles. "You know maybe you should right some kind of thank you statement" Tori said as she walked to the dining room.

*A few hours later*

Tori had left with Sasuke, and now I was all alone, I closed all the curtains and locked the doors. I walked the long hallways and looked at the wall's, picture frames. The first one was of my parents wedding, on my dad's side you saw his stuck-up family, while on my mom's there was Aunt Tsuna, Uncle Jiraiya, Gramps, Biwako, Asuma, Shikaku, Yoshino, Lord fourth, Lady Kushina, Fugaku, Mikoto, and a little Itachi.