Chapter 47: At peace

Part 3: Bonds

Y/n p.o.v

We sat at the tea table, and I took a sip of the hot green tea, it was strong but I didn't mind it. I was sitting across from Shikamaru, he looked like he was lost in thought, something I noticed he had been doing a lot since I was around him. It was quite, more like I was quite. I wasn't the same little girl who would talk for hours, I had to grow up. I had to change, I need to keep every one safe. It's all on me.

But this silence was killing me, the persona I had put on as well. Every one you love will die was what would constantly ring in my head.

"Y/n, I know something's might have happen while you were gone and maybe even before, but I'm always going to be here" He said making the first move, he never did but when he dose, "Thanks for everything" I said, I knew he meant what he said, I could see it in him, all of him.

"How was it being out for the past two years? I bet living with Master Jiraiya and Naruto was an adjustment" I smiled, I placed down my cup, "It was, but Naruto's sleeping habits slightly mirror Tori's funny enough. While with Uncle, I was already use to him but I didn't know how much of a perv he was with other women. When ever we were out in a town and guys would hit on me, him and Naruto would scare them off, of course I was never interested in any but it was always funny to watch" Shikamaru laughed "Wait, Naruto is smart enough to tell when some one is flirting with you while he can't even tell Hinata has a thing for him?" I nodded and giggled too. "I know! Its ridiculous and since when are you the type to talk about relationship?" I asked, his face changed, he looked slightly uncomfortable, "Did I say something wrong?" I asked, he looked up "No! No you said nothing, it's more like I have to tell you something" He sounded a bit nervous I nodded.

"I was seeing some one for a while" he said, I felt bad at first and then happy? Gosh what's wrong with me, "I'm sorry, if you don't mind me asking, what happened?" "No it's fine, Ino convinced me to go out with her, she is a friend of a friend of Ino's. We went out for a while, her name was Zia, she became too much of a drag, she expect way too much of me, and she took time away from my priorities, responsibility's as a Shinobi, It was too rushed and it wasn't real. I was dumb and stupid. I don't have time or interest in being in a relationship now"

I was for some reason refiled he wasn't with some one else, "So were you with some one, I highly doubt you even had a chance to since you were so busy", my small smile started to fade, he did tell me about his 'love' life, I looked up sheepishly "Actually I was with some one" his facial expression changed, he was intrigued. "I was with him for a good while, we didn't work out, our worlds are practically the same in some way but so different. My Grandmama likes to put it as 'right person, wrong time'. But I'm not so sure about that. I don't think I'd phrase it like that" he nodded and a small smile appeared on his face, "So tell me about all the missions you've done as a Chunin so far?"

And we talked for hours, catching up, both of us, we have grown up, but were still the same in so many ways.

He had made me laugh so much, I hadn't laughed in such a long time, I looked at the clock and so did he, it was 4:30am, we had been talking for five hours. It had only felt like such a short time. "We should go to bee, we have to get up in like four hours" Shikamaru said, I nodded and got up and jumped in to bed as if I was a child. He turned off the light but you could slightly see the day light peaking in through the curtains. Shikamaru got in bed, on his side.

I felt at peace, I had this warm fuzzy feeling in me.

I felt safe. A feeling I hadn't experience in a long, long time.

I knew nothing would happened to me with him around, Shikamaru would protect me.

"Good night Shika"

"Good night Princess"

***Bonus***

"Hey Shizune, you think they finally made up and stopped being stubborn?" Tori asked, Shizune sighed, "Well what do you think, it was your idea?" the blonde girl got up and looked out the window. She saw a shooting star, "You know, I think they did. Those two are like magnets, you just got to know were the pull is. They can't stay away from each other for long, the colors in the beads say so". Shizune was confused about the last part but when did Tori ever make sense.

Across the village, in the Nara compound Shikaku was outside smoking and drinking with Choza and Inoichi. "So Shikamaru has come of that age, this was around the time you started to notice Yoshino" Inoichi said, Shikaku puffed out some smoke, "He isn't there yet, he is too caught up in his work as a Ninja to even realize whats in front of him" Shikaku said slightly annoyed, "If I'm not mistaken, it took you a year to realize you liked Yoshino, and another just to ask her out. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree my friend" Choza said while chuckling.

Shikaku was embarrassed but he'd never admit to it, 'if only my son realized what he has right in front of him, he is definitely one lucky kid' is what he thought as the other two men laughed. 

A/n: Four updates in one day!! I'm so sorry for the wait, I would have updated and posted another chapter but, things in my life aren't going as planned, everything just shifted and I wasn't ready. So I took a small break. But three week's later, I'm back and much better!!

Thank you all so much for the votes, comments, follows, and reads.