Chapter 9: Good bye for now

(Y/n age: 9/10, Shikamaru age:10)

Y/n p.o.v

23 hours, 59 minutes, and 36 seconds till I leave for like 2 years. And then I'll be a chunin. "Y/n hello are you in their" I blinked twice and Sakura looked annoyed "have you been listening to any thing I've said the last few minutes or are you just thinking about Shikamaru?" my face felt hot "What no Sakura I was not thinking about Shikamaru. I do not like him like that at all I repeat I.Do.Not.Like.Him.Like.That okay" I said that as serous as I could but Sakura bursted out laughing "Y/n you can deny it all you want but we both know that deep down you like him" I closed my eyes and made that 'hmp' noise "Okay then what were you thinking about?" "That I leave tomorrow on my birthday and I don't come back till you and the others become Genin".

Sakura sighed and then said "Well you'll be back and you'll be stronger so out of all of us when we go on missions you can help us more and to what ever team your in *coughs* definitely mine *coughs* we can be better then every one else. And it benefits you and it's technically for your future." Then she gave me one of her closed eyed smiles "I know but I'll miss so much and then after those 2 yeas go by who know what will change plus besides Ninja training my Aunt is going to teach me Princess stuff you and I both know I hate having my hair done in those super complicated styles and high heels are killer shoes" "look nothing is going to really change, we will be 2 years older, and some of us will be Genin. That's it, us being best friends and the village won't change". I smiled at the pinkette "thanks Sakura for reassuring me" "No problem. Hey maybe who knows, maybe Shikamaru will finally realize his feelings for you and by the time your 16 you'll be courting him" "SAKURA!!!!" She had a smug look on her face "I'm playing around". "Ya know Sasuke might of mentioned you last night when we had dinner. Her eyes lit up "He did!!! What did he say" I smirked then said "oh let me see hmmmmm oh wait no I'm only playing". The look on her face was priceless "Y/n" Sakura whined out my name. If any other girl said that she would yell out 'Leave my Sasuke-kun alone he's mine!" but since it's me she won't. She know that me and Sasuke are like brother and sister. "A taste of your own medicine" I said to her as she rolled her eyes. "Okay even but we both know out of every one here your going to miss Shikamaru Nara the most. You literally live with him and his family" Sakura said. "True but I'll miss you too so don't be jealous"

Then I heard "Hey Y/n" "Big sis" Shikamaru and my sister calling me "Speak of the devil", they approached us and I'm hungry" Tori said as she looked up at me and pulled on my skirt. I looked at Shikamaru and he said "She saw the poster as I picked her up from Hinata and Hanabi's place, she asked me but I told her to ask you" I nodded then looked at my sister "Fine but we won't stay out too late, tomorrow you and I leave for my training and then we have to go back home for dinner and our stuff, then the real training starts and I do not want you to be all whiney and complain that your tired" she nodded violently "I pinky promise that I won't and~ I'll even let you have alone time with Shika" once she finished her sentence she hid behind Sakura "Your lucky I'm in a good mood today and that Shika trained early or else we would of chased you with no mercy" I had a dark aura surrounding me. "Now lets go get Ramen for lunch, I'm paying, Sakura your invited too" and so I started to walk. "This is why I never understand women they can go from one hundred to zero in a snap" Shikamaru mumbled "Shika. Remember who's paying for your food"

*mini time skip*

And so I looked at my self in the mirror, a simple long sleeve f/c dress with black flats and my hair was in a pony tail. "Y/n you have a visitor" Yoshino said from my door "And you look super cute". She and I went to the living room. My eyes widened and a smile grew in my face "Miss Lilac!!" I went up to hug her, and she hugged me "Hello Lady Y/n, I came here to help you for tomorrow. A small change has been made" I looked up at her "what". "Well you see your Grandmother has decided to make a small celebration and your sceudual has been changed, instead of leaving tomorrow at 12:30pm you and Lady Tori will leave right now and the latest is tonight." Lilac gave me a look of sympathy as she spoke, "That's not fair, I was going to go to the festival". Lilac sighed and looked at the clock. "Let's do this then, its 6:30 you can go to the festival but we must leave at exactly 9:30pm so we can make it back home in 2 days in time for your grandmother's banquet". This is exactly why Miss Lilac is my favorite Maid, she considers my feelings and wants plus needs any other person would have forced me in the the carriage that's most likely out side the main gate. "Before I leave with Shika and Tori can I ask why is it so important for me to be home for one of my Grandmama's party's?" "The children of other royals will be there, Prince Rider of Rina, Prince Mendel from Jolcy, and your grandmother's favorite the son of king Tamaki Prince Takashi from Reims" I rolled my eyes, My Grandmother wanted my dad to get married to Takashi's Aunt Rema but my dad met my mom and bla bla bla, so our 2 kingdoms have tried to mix in blood lines for the last century and it still hasn't worked and I don't think it ever will. Takashi is a annoying blonde with purple eyes who is 2 years older then me and has a cool big sister named Marie, other then that he's not interesting at all" Alright Shikamaru, Y/n, and Tori lets go" Shikaku said. And so we made our way to the festival.

Shikamaru's p.o.v
Time: 8:50

So for the past hour Tori and my dad wandered to some were else cause Victoria said "You two need alone time so bye bye, Shika take care of my sister" then my dad told me to bring Y/n to the gate by 9:30 so she can leave on time.

We explored the festival, we had a lot of fun and we ate dango and had Green tea and then I suggested that we go to the bench near the lake so Y/n can stargaze one last time here and she can have a moment of peace.

Y/n looked calm and happy but if you know her like I do, and you look in to her eyes you can she she's nervous to leave and doesn't want too. Plus from what I know she's not the kind of girl who likes to be the center of attention and back at her place she is, while here, people do treat her with respect and all but their not all over her. Like she can walk around the village and go to the academy while back in Costa Luna she can't go out with out a escort or go to the academy or even walk out with out having the news following her.

I looked at her and said "Your being too quite" she turned her head to me "Pft what no" "Your always taking and disturbing peace and now your so quite. What are you thinking about". She then put her had on my shoulder and sighed, I felt a little warm, "Shika I'm going to be gone for like two whole years and I'm realizing that I won't have any of you with me. For two years you won't be able to say that I hog the bed sheets when we fall asleep in the same bed or that I have 'disturbed your peace and quite', Sakura won't have any one to talk about with Sasuke, Naruto will miss his Ramen buddy and Sasuke will me Wednesday nights when I come over to make dinner and I will miss all that."

So then to comfort her i put my arm around her and she blushed? A little i think? I don't know the lighting is bad here. "Well remember your going to go for a reason, to get strong and the reason your doing it is for your sister and nation too. And when you'll be back I'll be here, same old plain me". Y/n then looked up at me, her cheek's were a little pink, "Shikamaru your not plain, your colorful" she smile as she said that "What do you mean" "You have a personality, you are lazy but smart, kind, caring, and much more so your colorful"

I gave her a blank stare "you are weird but that's something only you can say and come up with in the spot", she then giggled and said "so is that a compliment" "yeah". Time ticked fast and so we started to walk to the main gate.

About half way there Y/n asked if she could hold my hand, so I said yes. For some reason now I feel like there's something in my stomach and my face feels hot. I think I might be getting sick or something, I looked at Y/n and her cheeks were red.

We made it to the gate and Tori was already inside the carriage but when she saw me she came running out, the five year old crashed in to me hugging me and so I hugged back and as I hugged Tori, Y/n said bye to my parents. "Thanks for making big sis happy I'll miss you Big Brother Shikamaru" "Yeah yeah yeah I'll miss you too". Then she let go and pulled me down to her size and whispered in my ear "I ship it" and then ran back inside the carriage. I turned to Y/n and she'd pulled me in to a hug, I squeezed her and she squeezed back "Good bye for now Shika" "Bye for now Y/n and happy birthday"we let go of  each other and I went to stand with my dad. She got in, Lilac closed the door and went in the second carriage and so the left. For the  next two years I won't see her till I become a Genin.

.-the next day-

Y/n p.o.v

I was looking out the window thinking about last night, when I put my head in his shoulder it felt nice and when I held Shika's hand I felt good and sake kind of. I smiled at the thought "Hey big Sis, penny's for your mind" I smiled at Tori "well Tori the sayings actually gose 'a penny for your thoughts', I'm thinking of last night" I said, she gave me a big smile, "What part? Is it where me and Mr.Shikaku leave you alone with Shikamaru hmmmmm?!?" "And so what if it is?" She then threw her arms up in the air "IT LOVE" she yelled as dramatically as she could, I raised my hand and made a fist and looked at her "Your lucky your my little sister and that your name is Victoria Astrid Tsukiyama L/n Senju or else I would have thrown you out of here with no mercy. And I'm realizing that you'll be living with me from now on till the day I die." "Well it seams that your stuck with me till you marry Shikamaru" "VICTORIA!"

And the rest of our ride was me thinking of Shikamaru for some odd reason and Tori being Tori. What a peaceful 10th birthday. Note the sarcasm. I wonder what he's doing right now.

A/n: Thank you every one for the views and votes 😊😊. Stay  safe.