Chapter 35: Shattered

Y/n p.o.v

It's been two weeks, my grandmama has been here that long. Giving me how to be a queen 101. I had taken time off for Tori, but she was also getting how to be a princess 101 from my grandmothers' sister, Great-aunt Margret.

But tonight, was different. I leave the day after tomorrow with Jiraiya and Naruto and won't be back for two and half years. The only possible time anyone will see me, specifically, Tori, is if there is a royal wedding but, even so I still will keep a very low profile. That was the deal, part of the deal also was that I take a few pictures for the press so they agreed to leave me alone for the next two and half years. Shikamaru was our escort, I wanted to talk to him but I was being pulled in all directions that day. The only time we really got together was when Tori pulled him in the picture, we took a few together.

After that he went on a mission and now, he and the rest of our friends are on one, I could have gone but my Grandmama didn't let me. Now I'm just hoping I can get some time alone with him before I leave. Sakura came over again a few days ago, and I'll finally admit it.

I have the biggest crush on Shikamaru Nara

There I said it, not repeating myself. It honestly felt nice to think about having a relationship with someone but I am going to leave, so when I come back if the spark is there, maybe we can go for it. But that's even if he feels the same. I have baggage, a ton of it, plus a crazy family. Not everyone can handle that.

But anyways tonight is the last day the old hag is here, she leaves tomorrow morning, giving me a day to relax and say goodbye for now. So, she wants to have a nice fancy dinner. Miss Lilac is cooking so its going to taste so good, I was in a casual long skirt, a nice tank top and my hair was out.

I went down the stairs and straight to the formal dining room. The table had been set and I was two minutes early so I took my place, and then Tori came in a fancy pink dress. "That's over the top" I told her, "Nope, this is casual to me. I see your version of it is Konoha casual, were supposed to be in royal casual", I rolled my eyes, well to late to change, I can here her walking down the hall. Tsarina walked in and took a seat. "Good evening Grandmama" Both of us said in unison

Robin took his position at the entrance of the room. He might have been a friend but he was on duty so I couldn't exactly say 'hey take a seat' I had done that before and I don't feel like getting yelled at again.

The first course was served soup/salad and as her and Tori talked my mind drifted off, I started to think about how if felt to have a special some one in your life. It's definitely a bond like no other, to have each other and to hold hands, stolen glances, for you to get those jitters, and maybe even a kiss or two.

"Y/n!!" I snapped out and looked at my grandmother, "Yes Gran?" I smiled at her and she looked confused "I was asking you what have you learned so far but I see you're a bit distracted. Care to tell me why child?". I was taken back at her interest. "Well, I learned that the crown must always win and not your personal feelings. A good ruler must also have good judgment" I replied. "Excellent my dear, and you seam to have a cerin look on your face earlier, care to explain" She kindly said. I looked to Tori and she gave me a smile.