Chapter 63: Two Princes's and One Shikamaru

Y/n p.o.v

I had the day off surprisingly. I had recovered completely from my big last 'fight'. I had accepted the fact that Itachi was dead. And life has to go on even if you feel you can't.

I was letting Yoshino do my hair, and doll me all up. It's been a while since I was willing to let anyone do anything to my hair. She was taught all these girly things in a way in case she had a daughter, she didn't have one, but she has me.

"All done" She said, I got up and ran to the mirror as if I was a little girl again. I was taken back at what I saw. "Oh don't be so shocked dear! Behind all that ninja gear, and the western-style dresses. You're beautiful. You're still half of here. So of course you're going to look amazing in a Kimono" Yoshino said with a huge smile on her face.

I looked at the clock and it was 2pm, I was late, "I'm LATE! Aunt Tsuna is going to kill me, I had to bring my mission report at 1. I'll see you later Yoshino" I ran to my room and I closed my eyes for a moment and I was in Aunt Tsuna's office, right behind Shikamaru and Temari.

I noticed she was all dressed up, I didn't care, I pushed through both of them since they hadn't noticed me. "I'm so sorry Aunt Tusna!" I said handing her the papers, she just stared at me in shock. "What?" I looked behind me, Temari seemed mad and Shikamaru was just staring at me. "I have never seen you in a Kimono. The last time you were in one you were just a little girl" Tsuan said. I looked back at her and smiled a little. "Yoshino insisted on putting me in this since its my day off" Tsunade looked away for a moment. "Actually. You have a last-minute dinner party with the rich merchants of the land of fire"

I wasn't too happy with that but I knew it would also benefit the leaf. "Fine, and as per usual, I request Shikamaru. His suspension is over as of yesterday" My aunt was about to responde. "He can't, he will be coming with me" I turned around. "What?". Temari got a little closer. "You're late Y/n. Shikamaru will be coming with me to that event as my escort" you could see the determination in her eye's, not that kind, she wasn't going to let him go that easily. Two can play that game. I turned around to my Aunt, "I, as the Lunar Princess, request Shikamaru Nara to be my BodyGuard and escort. I'll pay 2 million Ryo's" I told Tsunade. She looked up quickly and I looked back at Temari, she was furious. There are times where having an endless bank account was actually useful. Plus all the leftover money from my allowance I got monthly. Before Tsunade could answer. The door opened. It was a guy. 

"Lady Temari I'm so sorry we forgot to give this to you, The Kazekage, told me to give it to you once you got here but I forgot so I came back to give it to you" he was a young sand nin guy, no older than 18. He had a small blush as he looked at Temari. I pointed at him and I looked at my Aunt.

"That one, Temari can keep Shikamau. I want him to be my escort" I said aloud and Shikamaru's eye's changed. He seemed off. "You want Basco?" Temari said, a little annoyed. It took all my sheer will not to be sarcastic "Yes, he is one of Gaara's guards, I'm sure he won't mind if Basco stays a little while longer" and He looked at me with wide eyes and bowed. "Princess Y/n! I'm so sorry I didn't notice you earlier. Forgive me please" and I smiled, "No it's alright. And just call me Y/n but if you must be so formal then just Lady Y/n" I gave him a smile and Shikamaru came up to me. He held me by the hands and pulled me closer. "I could just protect you an-" he started to whisper, I shook my head no, "It's okay, she won fair and square, I don't mind it. It's just going to be more of a drag without you" I whispered back and I slipped my hands out of his.