Chapter 68: Naruto did it, but my bank account and mental stability will suffer

Y/n p.o.v

It's been almost three weeks. I had an ANBU solo mission. Danzo specifically wanted me to do it. And easy simple get an object that's been stolen and assassinate the target. I was excited to come back home. I could help Shikamaru try to crack the code Uncle left. But if anything Naruto would know more than me. Everything is gonna go back the- Oh wait she now exists. Shiho, I have worked with her before, she's nerdy and quirky but, it is painfully obvious that she has a crush on Shikamaru.

Sakura finds my suffering amusing, while Ino says 'Now you know what it's like to be in his shoes' which I beg to differ. I don't play childish games, I know where I stand with him. At least I think I do? Never mind that, it's just been strange lately with her being around.

So yes maybe I am a little insecure and jealous, but every girl can get like that, and it's not exactly the most pleasant feeling in the world, she is smart, if she maybe spent ten more minutes on hair it'd look super pretty, and behind those glasses, that are so thick and dirty, the girl has pretty brown eyes, and she is from Konoha, she will live here all her life, no complications in any way, have a mutual interest in work and do the same thing. They work together! Something I rarely get to do now. Like come on Aunt Tsuna just give me a job with him, this is the one time I will sound desperate and insane. She said no, so I have never asked again. As for small dinner parties I go around the area, well I don't want to disturb him but he also knows I want him to go with me but no, Shizune, Tsuan, and even Kakashi, they call in Robin. Like yes, I will always have a blast with him and we're friends. But that just means Shiho gets to spend more time with him.

Rant over, I looked forward. I saw two leaf ninja's and I stopped. "Princess just to make sure it's you, whats-" I decided to immediately cut them off "The will of fire burns in all shinobi, we just have different ways of carrying it out. Now what is going on, you both look like you've seen death" "Princess, the village was attacked, but Naruto came back in time to defeat Pain. There were no casualties, injury's yes but no one died. But the village is completely destroyed" I nodded and I decided to just use the fourth technique. Instead of two more hours, I made it in 2 minutes.

I stood on top of one of the watchtowers. Almost everything was destroyed. Maybe like 25% was intact, and in that was my mom's house. But at least Naruto came in time to do the job. I had given Sakura one of the marked kunai before I left, so I then appeared next to her "Y/n!!!" she squealed and tackled me to the floor. "Oh thank god your here! I have been running the hospital all by myself" we both got up and I looked around "Well you seem to have it all under control. But I know how stressful and chaotic it feels, come on let me help you" I know I'm needed here, everyone else will just have to wait.

An hour has had to go by when Shizune came to me, she seemed worried. "Hey Y/n, when did you get back from the mission?" I took my hair out from it being tied back, "Over an hour ago, why?" She lead me out of the hospital and we walked, and I saw a tent. "She exhausted herself and overused her powers. The village hidden in the clouds has business with us and as we speak, the feudal lord and others are deciding a new Hokage for now at least since Lady Tsunade won't be waking up any time s-" I pushed past her and into the tent, I knew she wasn't dead but she looked it.

That was enough to scare me. "It's alright to cry" I shook my head no, "I feel a mix of a lot of things and as uncle said, we're all we have left" My brain then wandered off and "Wait, how is Kurenai doing!" I said and I got up, Shizune didn't know. I ran out of the tent in search to go find my six-month pregnant auntie.

I knew Shikamaru would go to her after the attack to make sure she's fine, he most likely is with his father right now. I had made it to my house and I opened the door, "Auntie K?" I said loudly "Over here Y/n" I kicked off my shoes and ran to the main living room, she was sitting on the couch reading a book with an empty glass of water on the coffee table. I sat down on the floor, exhaustion had caught up to me. "Your okay, oh thank goodness. Uncle Asu would come up from the grave and kill me and Shikamaru" she just laughed at my words. "You don't mind me being here" I looked up "No not at all, if anything, just stay here until we know your building wasn't affected and the rubble is removed from the area. You and baby need to be comfortable" I said and I got up and sat next to her.