Chapter 39: Just Another day but It's my turn to have a chapter

(A/n: Kind of filler but I promise the next chapter will be interesting and longer)

Tori p.o.v

(Finally a chapter for me!)

My name is Victoria but my friends call me Tori, I am currently 10 years old. I got to private school, meaning I have a teacher come to my house once a week for eight hours. I am supposed to be in the fifth grade but since I'm so smart I am in 10th/11th grade. So I am just as smart as my older sister. She chose to be a ninja but she finished all her studies around my age.

I was currently in the palace. My older cousin Adam was getting married. Adam met his future wife because Y/n took him to a dinner in secret and she was one of my sister's friends, she was a normal commoner who worked as a waitress. It's honestly one of the cutest love stories out there

It's four days before the wedding and I am currently playing chess with Shikamaru, it's like shogi but still a bit different but he was still beating me.

"So Tori, its um comed to my attention that you have a small little crush?" I looked up at my big brother and smiled. "Oh yeah, that's been solved. Konohamaru is now my boyfriend. We both can't do meet the parents since ours are dead. Grandparents, yeah no. But we are doing meet the siblings once Y/n and Naruto return. Naruto will act as Konohamaru's older brother. While Y/n is my sister I want you to be there as my brother. I'll imagine it as you and Y/n being married, then you can go out and make babies!"

Shikamaru almost choked on his water which made me laugh Hysterically, but as I was laughing my Grandmama came in "Victoria! A princess giggles and is not so hysterical it's very unladylike" I nodded and then she left. Once the door was fully shut Shikamru said "Like I have said a million times before. Me and Y/n are friends. That is it. Gosh you have too much Shoujo Manga this week". I giggled and got up. "Okay whatever ya say. But, you'll see that I'm usually right I bet ya. In fifteen years you'll be standing in the throne room thinking huh Tori was right and you'll have to buy me something. Anyways I'm bored. Let's go out"

I ran out the door, I looked back and Shikamaru was chasing me at this point, I was a fast runner. Until I felt someone hold me from the back of my dress "PRINCESS VICTORIA! How many times have I said this to you and your sister. No running in the halls young lady!" It was Miss Dalia, the head of the maids. This lady is even older than Gran so she's a fossil

"We're very Sorry Miss Dalia. I was just helping the Princess train, she got too excited and ran into the Palace. I will be sure to make sure the training stays outside" Shikamaru said and the old hag let me go smiling "Oh it's no problem Officer Nara~"

Ewww, did i forget to say, the staff loves Shikamaru, Dalia says he reminds her of her late husband, I've seen pictures and I don't see it, her husband is like a negative 100 while my dearest Brother is a perfect 100. She left and Shikamaru gave me a scolding look. "Tori, next time i'm not covering up and why does everyone call me Officer here" I sighed dramatically, "Y/n never confirmed your ranking in the army when she gave you those medals and honors, plus the maids love the outfit" I told him and he looked embarrassed. Not a lie, I hear them talking all the time. Since the guards just were the normal guard clothes, Shikamaru has a whole high-ranking Military outfit.

I continued to walk and we ended up in front of Y/n room. It was common for me to be here. I missed her a lot so I would sleep in her room. It's childish but don't judge you'd do the same if you were me. I went in and Shikamaru stayed outside "Oh please don't tell me you have never been in a girl room" I teased as he came in "Not funny Tori"

I heard the cry of an eagle. I smiled "Shikamaru, I need you to meet me downstairs I need to get something from here I left a pair of stockings" I pushed him out and closed the door, I locked it. Y/n room was like mine. We had a type of living room area and then a set of other doors leading to our actual bedroom. I opened those doors and I saw two shadows. And once their hoods were off. "Y/N!" I ran to my sister and she took off the cloak and opened her arms pulling me close. I felt happy and safe, "I missed ya too kid" I looked next to me "Ita!!" that's what I called Itachi. I left my sister's arms and ran into his. "Hello Victoria" I smiled. It was rare for her to bring Itachi around but normal in a way. When she came to get supply. "Are you guys here for the wedding?" I asked.

"Actually no, I'm here to pick someone up for a mission. Itachi felt like coming with, but you little miss go back, your guard is going to come look for you" She said, I nodded and I hugged her again "Love you" I whispered and i dug my head into her neck, she held me tight for a few seconds, "Love you too Angel" she whispered before letting go and in a flash, she and Itachi were gone.

I smiled and left the room. "Tori, did you forget you have tea lesson with Lady Allura, shall we get going to her estate?" Shikamaru asked and I nodded.

We were leaving the palace and I saw Robin out at the front with a horse, I ran to him and hugged him from the back "Oh who in the world could that be?" he sarcastically said, he turned around and picked me up, spinning me around "It's Tori!" and he put me down, "Hey bird brain, where ya going, Adam is getting married so you're on duty, plus you and Shikamaru get to babysit me the whole entire time". He sighed and patted my head, Shikamaru then stood next to me, both boys had a silent conversation but you could see the tension between them. "I have a last-minute mission assigned directly from M'lady" He said looking at him and then looked at me smiling. He got on his horse "I'll be back in a month, but by then, you would be back at the leaf, so I'll see you for you know what." and he was off.

*later that night*

I was in the throne room, I had dragged Shikamaru with me, it was around 9. I looked at the tippy top of the throne room. I pulled him "Tori what are you trying to do?" I stopped one we were at the top, the King and Queen throne. "Get use to this view" he sighed "tori for the millionth time me and your si-" I raised my hand up for him to stop talking, "You are her bodyguard, you must know all the possible locations where an Assassination attempt may occur, You'll be standing three feet away from her throne someday. Get used to this view" I said and as he looked around I took my chance and pushed him into the King's chair and I heard a camera sound "Hey! Tori you're going to get me killed!!!" Shikamaru said, "Uh sure. Now let's go to my room, I feel like painting my nails''

I walked with him to my room and Once in, "Now take off your shoes, I painted your toenails pink, but that's not in season, it's red. I refuse to let my brother have horrible fashion!" Shikamaru sighed. He would let me paint his toenails since here he would wear military boots.

"So what's up? You've been in a mood since dinner with your Grandma. What did she tell you?"

What the hell? I swear he can read my mind. I tried to keep my happy face up but It didn't work, he saw right through the act. "Grandmama was talking about the future. She wants me to get engaged at 16 and married at 18. Don't get me wrong I'm all for tradition and I like the idea but she wants me to get a political marriage. She is trying to set it up now, before Y/n comes back from training in 4 months. She knows my sister will hate the idea. But that means I can't be with Konohamaru. IT'S THE END OF THE WORLD" I felt like crying. Never was I the one who had to deal with stuff like this. "And I feel so bad because Y/n gets this stuff all the time and I started to think maybe I should go with it. Maybe the load would be easier. I am the spare so my life has no meaning acor-" Shikamaru held my hands in one of his and with the other he made me look up, he had a serious look in his eyes but it softened "Never say that. Your life is not meaningless, screw royal rules. You are not the 'spare'. Fuck that term. You are Victoria and we all love and care for you. Y/n can handle it, everything she does is for you. Never forget that. You can umm still be with Konohamaru okay. Y/n and I as well, we will make sure your always happy."

I nodded and I was going to ask but he hugged me, "I know I don't say this as much as I should. But I love you so much Tori. You are the little sister here, its my job and responsibility to make sure your always happy." I squeezed him as tight as I could "I love you too Big Brother". We let go of the hug and his eyes lit up and then became dull in realization. "How about we have a spa night?". I jumped up in excitement and cheered.

We ended up doing facials and he let me braid his hair as well. Shikamaru is by far the best brother any girl could have. I just really hope my dream comes true. What is it you may ask? Well I can't tell you, if I do it won't come true.

But fingers crossed it will. I just hope I get a niece or nephew out of it. Probably will.

Preview to Chapter 40:

The guy laughed. "Why not! He will die once we step out together baby!" I heard the music start again and about a minute into the song I felt a hand on my chest. Sliding down and up. I felt her start to unbutton my shirt but she stopped midway, her hands felt silky smooth on my skin. She then touched my face and I felt the blindfold start to come off. She was beautiful