Chapter 48: Debutante

(Your dress for this chapter)

Y/n p.o.v 

I was in Shikamaru's room, reading, comfortably on his bed, stole his clothes as well since mine are dirty, he was doing Ninja work on his desk when I heard the sound of death. Trumpets, that meant Grandmama was in town. Shikamaru turned around and looked over at me, "Kill me please!" I whined and threw a pillow over my face to muffle my whining. I felt him rip off the pillow, "I think you should change, she is going to have a heart attack if she see's you in that" he said and the switch in my brain clicked.

I jumped off the bed and ran out to my room, opened my wardrobe and pulled out the first black dress I saw, I heard the door bell ring, I changed as fast as I could, let my hair out, it looked decent, and put on the first pair of torture I saw, red heals. I ran down the hall and to the main door, there was Yoshino opening the door. "Just in time, 1 minute and 45 seconds, new record" Shikamaru whispered to me teasingly.

But my somewhat high-spirited self faded when I heard the noise of heels on wood, and in the door frame, she was, my Grandmama. In all her glory, "Ah Yoshino good to see you" she said with a smile, a very fake one, but only I could tell. "Good to see you too Queen Tsarina" and she bowed down. Tsarina then looked at me, "Hello Grandmama, you look lovely today" I said and her face then changed from prim and poise to judgmental. "How disappointing, forgotten your manners, you weren't raised in a barn! Respect your elders and curtsy in the presence of a Queen, and change your smile" I rolled my eye's, then I felt my wrist being smacked by a hand fan, "A princess does not roll her eye's how un-ladylike, and you are expected to take the throne ugh" She pointed to Shikamaru with her fan "You, go make me tea!". Shikamaru looked at me, and I felt a slight warm sensation, 'I don't know how to make tea, pray she doesn't kill me!' he said through the empathy link

And so my Grandmama's visit started. This is going to be a long thee days, I'm going to assume its three, she never stays more then that. If she does, it's the end of the world.

Yoshino took her to the living room, and as I was going to follow, I looked outside, I felt some one pull me, "Stella?" why is she here, I'm glad to see my friend and all but, "I begged my dad to take me, I can't keep up with Lance's crazy training scheduled, our hellos can wait but I am here to warn you. Do not fall for the trap. The old witch is here because of the de-" "Y/N WHERE ARE YOU, A PRINCESS IS NEVER LATE!!!" I heard her yell from the inside. I quickly hugged Stella and ran back inside to the living room, and sat down on the couch, crossed my legs as I was taught and straighten out my dress. "Y/n, your Grandmother was wondering when will Victoria be back?" Yoshino said, "Um soon in due time Grandmama, she went out to the river to draw." I said. And Shikaku came. I sighed in relief, some how things went 5% smoother when he is here.

Shikamaru came in with the tea, he handed a cup to Tsarina, she made a face, "Are you trying to kill me!!!! I though you were trained how to make tea?" she looked up at him, "No your highness, Keith didn't teach me that part" he said and she sighed, "What a pity, and they expect you to be my eldest granddaughters bodyguard. You may now take a seat". Oh yeah and did I forget to mention, since Shikamaru technically is one of my head bodyguards, he also has to obey the old hag.

"It is lovely to see you Milady but why are you here? I didn't get word of your visit till a few hours ago!" polite as always Shikaku. Tsarina snapped her fingers, a maid came in with a red velvet box and she handed it to me. "A gift for you my dearest, every girl deserves a new Tiara especially once they begin a new chapter" I had no idea what the last part meant but I gladly opened it. "Oh my god is this what I think it is" I whispered loud enough for every one to hear. "Yes indeed, The Senju Tiara, the only crown jewel from the Senju clan, and your mothers very most favorite tiara. It was given to her by your great grandmother Mito Uzumaki, and it was given to her as a wedding present by your great grandfather Hashirama Senju. Your mother arranged for it to be given to you once you turned 15"