Chapter 74: Preparations for war

(Y/n dress)

Y/n p.o.v                           (Zn/n = Zuko's special nickname for you)

I was checking up on medical supplies with Sakura, we hadn't been able to talk in a long time and so I caught her up with a lot of things. Including the conversation, I had with Shikamaru a week ago. "Like I understand why, I agree but why do I feel like there is something he isn't telling me?" I sat down on one of the boxes "Well it is Shikamaru, he'd never lie to you" I gave her a look, "Okay but Shikamaru just wanted to protect you from Sasuke-kun. Maybe he is just being overprotective of you like he usually is. Isn't he being a security freak when it comes to you?" and I completely forgot about that one, "Yeah, he is reforming the whole security system and he is slowly taking over and remodeling the security system for me and the palace. Sakura, something feels so right about us in a way but I can already hear Tori yelling 'We're on season 9 dumbass!!! With love comes immense sacrifice in war'" and both of us started to laugh like crazy, "That sound right, she'd probably lock both of you in a room till you kissed and made up"

I looked at my wristwatch and dramatically sighed "I have a war meeting soon. I'll catch up with you later Saku" I said to her and I got up, she patted my back "Just you wait, once the war's over, you'll get to go on a date with Shikamaru" Sakura said trying to cheer me up

I teleported to my seat in the meeting room "Right on time" my Aunt said to me, I sat to her right, as usual room full of men, except Koharu, but she was an old hag that acted like my Grandma so that's self explanatory, but half of them men here weren't so prideful since well there Hokage was a woman and her advisor was one as well. Plus the person funding 1/4 of this war was from me and half the supplies they have come from me.

About an hour went by until "Now Princess, how will you know it's time for you to join us, how many will have to die for you to come and play savior" one of the Ninja said to me. I looked up from the papers I was reading. My aunt was ready to defend me, I raised my hand up to her "Now Gatso, It wasn't exactly my choice. Even if the Sultan and Emperor who put their fate on me were to vote in what I wanted, still not enough, the advisors would vote on it and they'd say no. I asked for no ninjas for my war, but yet I asked for a whole Army for this war. I am willing to risk my own men and men from other nations who truly have nothing to do with us and don't exactly have to worry about this" I said and I knew my gaze was stone cold since the atmosphere in the room had changed. Shikaku cleared his throat, I believe he was going to speak up but Shikamaru did instead "Her majesty the Princess has risked her own nations personal alliances to protect her mothers beloved home county and the friends she has made over the years. So why should she be required to immediately fight if her life is in jeopardy already. If we lose the war and all her men and allies are dead, all royal nations turn on her. Did you not think of that risk she might have taken or others"

Shikamaru wasn't wrong, if the ninjas failed to win their war, regardless of how many royal nation men stand, I would pay the price, either my life or all the rules got together and decided who I married and who my future children married. It was a gamble but I never lose. Lady Yumeko and Lady Mary, two of my teachers as a child, would be so proud of the stupid bet.

The meeting from then went as smoothly as possible, I did put my two senses in with Shikaku for war plans. I had spent the last ten years of my life studying the act of war. My dad's final unit for me to study was war but he also wanted me to be prepared if in case one day it would come to happen. As it is now.

"Alright I believe we are done for today, Now we will meet again in two days, understood" My aunt said, "Yes Hokage-Sama" and everyone left after.

I was gonna get up and leave, "Not so fast, you have a meeting in 15 minutes Y/n, we need to get you and Shikamaru changed" I heard my aunt say, I had completely forgotten that Stela and everyone else was coming to get the final plans from me.