Chapter 58: Figuring it out

Y/n p.o.v

News that Sasuke had killed Orochimaru spread out. I knew that his goal was to make a team and then after that, he wanted to go kill him. I knew my time was limited but now I didn't have time to think of that.

"I have a long way to go Y/n. You don't have to start the nursery now" Auntie Kurenai said from her room down the hall. I moved the chair to where it would look best in the room. "Nonsense, it's going to look perfect Auntie! It's gender-neutral, so when the baby is born and we know what they will be, we can add more and I can decorate as such, while you're in the hospital with the kid. Now come in, tell me if you like it" I said and I looked to the door frame and she was standing there, her baby bump was starting to show just a little, her eyes watered, "Aww don't cry" I said and I went to stand next to her as I rubbed her back. "I love it" she said and she went to sit in her rocking chair. "This is extremely comfortable! How much did you spend on this? It feels like the one you had in your nursery at the palace" She said, I laughed a little, "Like I've said a thousand times, it's not important. There is no price tag for this baby. I have too much and the little one needs to be pampered by her Aunt, me, so it's fine. You need to relax and be a happy pregnant lady" I told her.

She smiled at me, "Thank you Y/n, you're doing more than enough. So now let's talk about you" she said and I sat on the recliner on the other side of the room. "There is nothing much, I have been doing ANBU mission for the past month, I only did one with my team and team guy. I cleaned my whole house and put Tori's stuff in her room and I locked it. I no longer sleep on the third floor, My room is on the second floor. I went shopping with Ino for clothes, she made me get a few dresses. I went out to eat with Naruto and Kiba, Sakura and I worked at the hospital for a few hours the last few days. Hinata and I trained yesterday" I told her and she gave me a look, "What? I'm not hiding anything?" I said as her eye's pierced through my soul. "What about you and Shikamaru? How is that relationship going?" She asked me and I felt my soul leave my body, I didn't expect her to say that!

"AUNTIE!" I squealed and threw my head into my hands. "You two have been hanging out almost every day and playing shogi till three in the morning! So any feelings?". I knew that one was coming. I looked down at my hands. "I know I can't let myself go, the first few times I have, but once I came back from my second mission. I decided to only focus on work. Shikamaru was a childish dream, plus right now he is in Suna, doing the chunin exams. He won't be back for a while. I can't like someone, I don't think I know how to even like or show affection. I don't know what Love like that is." I told her being very transparent. She fiddled with her ring. Me and both teams gave it to her as a last gift from Asuma, that was a good day.

There was a knock on the door. I was going to go get it but Auntie stood up, "No, you stay here, I'll go get it". And so I headed towards the kitchen to get water. I passed by the front door and Kurenai was letting Shikamaru in. Shikamaru then noticed me standing there. In the middle of the living room. But his cheeks were pink. "Oh hi, I'm sorry if it's hot, let me open a few windows" I said and I leaned over and opened the window. Once I turned back around , Shikamaru was red from ear to ear.

I was confused as to why and then I remembered what I was wearing. A bikini strap tank top and black short shorts.