Victoria's Letter To Shikamaru (2/4)

Dear Big Brother Shikamaru

There was nothing you and Sissy could do to prevent this. No possible outcome of this fight would have kept me alive. Even if you would have come with me, you would have been killed. I still want to ask you so many things about the world, but telling you all that would leave me no time to tell others what they have to hear. You have known me since day 10 of my life. You literally spent the last three years of your life with me and help taking care of me. You are the older brother I never had, even though you say 'It's such a drag' being with me, I know you don't mean it, or why else would you let me braid your hair and tell you stories. You tucked me into bed countless times, played tea party, gave me piggyback rides, and taught me how to play shogi. I know you will become a very successful ninja and you'll get to have the life you dreamed of. Take risks sometimes, let loose, and don't always go by the books and rules. I need you to promise to take care of Y/n, make sure no one hurts her and makes her cry. Stay at her side and be someone who she can lean on. Teach her how to love again. Only you can do that Shika.

Love Tori

As Shikamaru stood outside and read that, with tears falling down his face. He felt some sort of peace and warmth inside of him. He wiped them away and looked up at the sky "I miss you a lot kid" he said aloud as he put the letter in his ninja pouch for safekeeping, as it became extremely clear on what he had to do now. As a ninja and a man.