Chapter 66: She's a Princess and he is Smitten with her

Y/n p.o.v

Just breathe, concentrate. Focus your aim, keep your eye on the prize and....... Shoot.

I released the arrow and it hit the target spot on. "Perfect, see you still got it. You were perfect with it all" Hayasaka said. "I'll send a messenger Eagle to your Aunt saying you are ready and that you have passed all your tests to go on missions again" Selena said as she went back inside.

After the last mission. After everything, Aunt Tsuna thought it'd be best to send me back home for a month and a half. Shikamaru offered to come but she denied the request. Plus I know he is needed back in Konoha. So Uncle Jiraiya left with me, he is here but leaves for work and that's fine. I have been helping him piece it all together.

Intense therapy and training was what I had been doing. But I also did a few events. I also have been taking on a few more Princessy things. I was slightly realizing the position and power that I have, and that I now can't be gone for long as I usually am. I might have to give up being a ninja, but not now, not till my deadline.

I sat down on the grass and Hayasaka sat next to me. "How are you feeling? Are you excited about going back to Konoha? But I do know you have been enjoying yourself here. You seem to like royal duties" I laughed a little at the end. "I feel better and stronger in so many ways. But I'm also kind of scared because of it all. I still have nightmares and I am constantly paranoid and I have made changes to security as you know. I am excited, I was promised a mission with my Uncle. I also feel lucky that we had time to spend with each other as well, not just doing work or training. And maybe I'm just maturing, I have to step up eventually, so I might be slowly doing it. I do definitely enjoy Royal work more than I used to but being a Ninja, gives me freedom. A one that I can't experience in the life I was born to live. Eventually, I will have to give it up once I have a crown on my head but the memories I have made, I'll cherish forever" and that was my response. I was a year and six months from my 18th birthday. 16½, I know I'm young but I feel older since I have gone through so much more than other kids my age.

"Do you miss him?" I turned and looked at her questioningly "Shikamaru" I sighed and looked up at the clouds. "I do. I miss him. And even before you ask it. Yes, I have feelings for him. But I don't think I'm ready to do anything about it. I'm scared Blondie. I'm scared shitless. I have never felt this way about anyone. And you and I both know I've had other crushes. Sometimes I wish Tori was here. She was younger but she knew more than me when it came to love and all that stuff" I said to her and laid back down on the grass. She joined me and "yeah, she was always telling me to just make a move on Robbie" I giggled a little "Oh gosh, you call him Robbie now? We used to tease him, by we, me and Cat"

And until dinner Me and Hayasaka and eventually, Selena joined us, we talked for hours. We were just being normal sixteen-year-old girls.

*4 day's later*

Shikamaru's p.o.v

I was going up the steps to see Lady Tsunade and drop off a mission report. It was a success. I made it to the main hallway and went to her door, I opened it and went in. I looked up and I saw her h/c hair. I stopped. "Shikamaru, you forgot to knock on the door again" Shizune said as Lady Tsunade stopped talking to Master Jiraiya. Y/n turned around

 Y/n turned around