Chapter 33: Leaving hypocrisy

Y/n p.o.v

I was in the throne room full of nobles, Kendall was at my side, and in her hands, a velvet pillow with two gold medals.

I got one and placed put it on Shikamaru and the other on Robin. And they rose up and turned around as the people cheered, for Shikamaru it was expected and all, for Robin I expected outrage to be honest, this just shows how hypocritical people can be, 12 hours ago they wanted to kill him. Music started to play and the nobles and royals walked towards the outside since there were going to be refreshments and finger food. I saw almost every boy my age look at me, but I quickly slipped out. And went through the long halls, walked down the main south stairs, and went through the hall was that was covered in paintings, I avoided this part of the palace, reason being, the south side of it, was where my old bed room use to be with my parents, after they passed my room was moved to the Northern side of the palace. Tori was too little to remember it, but I knew that being in the one place she did remember would help her, I saw the guards standing at the door, and they let me though, on the in side was a small room, it had kunai and four Katanas on one of the walls while the other two had book shelfs filled with old books and scrolls, and on the other wall there were two large doors, I opened one and there was Kiba sitting on a bench, Sakura was out on the garden area sitting on the floor, braiding her hair and she had Akamaru on her lap as well.

"So, did you ever get a chance to tell him?" Kiba asked, I sat next to him, "Kiba! I umm, well, it's complicated", I was close to my main team, and of course Shikamaru, but Kiba and I were like best friends, all that tension that me and a certain someone have, didn't exist here. "Your leaving in a month and knowing you, you will spend it with Tori, Shikamaru is a Chunin, he goes on team 10 missions but gets pulled out and dose stuff with Izumo and Kotetsu plus Asuma. He might not even ee here when you leave, if you like him just spit it out". I looked up at the clouds, a habit I picked up from him, my thing is stars but I have learned to love the fluffy marshmallow white clouds, "It complicated Kiba, I was going to last night but we were interrupted by you know what an-" "BIG SISSY" I stopped talking and opened my arms and Tori came crashing in making me fully lean back on to the bench. She was on me but she slid to the side so she was next to me. "Are we leaving?" "Yeah, we are, once Shikamaru, Uncle Asu, and Kakashi get here we can leave and go back to Konoha. Once where there you and I are going to have a girl's night" I said a little too upbeat, but she was sold, she had a huge smile on her face, but you could tell by her eyes, she was still shaken up.

"Y/n, were ready, I escaped those weird-ass people, Kakashi is waiting out at the smaller exit in the south side, down the hall, three lefts, one right. We leave in 10 minutes" Shikamaru said while pulling on his collar, he had on a suit, Asuma forced him since he was getting a medal of honor from the royal family. Tori went and took Sakura's hand, Kiba and Akamaru followed behind, leaving me and Shikamaru.

I got up, "let me fix that" I got closer to him and undid the tie and unbuttoned the top three buttons, I knew I was probably as read as a tomato but this idiot is helpless some times. "T-thanks" I nodded, I was going to leave but he held me back by grabbing my hand, "You don't have to put on a brave face in front of me" I huffed out, and I became less tense, I looked at him, "She knows the place but remembers nothing about it, she called it a distant dream, that's understandable, she was little. But you know I could never forget" And I looked to the center of the small private garden, it was like I saw my younger self sitting there with my mom and a baby Tori. I had spent days here with my mom, it was her little piece of heaven, she called it that. The flowers here were native to Konoha, the stone walls enclosing it were stones from there as well, the benches here were the ones her grad father had made. I looked inside the room and once again I pictured my younger self but this time Shikamaru was with me, our moms would come here to talk and catch up and we would sit on the floor, play and read books.

"Let's go, this place is depressing" I said and pulled Shikamaru back in with mee, zooming out of the room. But once we were out, I saw Adam and Kendall, "Your leaving? Aren't you going to stay for the dinner?" Adam asked me, "No, you know these parties aren't my thing. Plus I want to get Tori out of here asap, tell Robin and the rest of the family who isn't mad at me that I said bye and hug Meli and Valencia for me". Adam sighed and gave Shikamaru a look, and he started to make his way to where everyone else was and Kendall went back to the direction of the ball room.

Adam sighed and looked uncomfortable "Tsarina asked me to ask you, now this is uncomfortable, none of us had a clear view but she wants to know what happened. Was she only touched on the top area and stabbed or was she fully ra-" "Stop, it was the first one, Robin killed him just before he could cut off all her petty coats, she wore 18, I think that's what saved her" I cut him off since I don't want to think of what worse could of happened to her, he nodded and he walked with me out to where every one else was, "You know I still kinda hate Robin but I'm willing to work it out" "I know, that's why I put you both on the same squad" I said as I got on the carriage "YOU DID WHAT!?" he yelled and before he could beg me to change it the door closed and we were off.

I looked at Tori, she was calmer now that we were leaving but her attire was definitely different, instead of her usual pink princess look, she was in one of my jackets and sweat pants. The top hatchet opened and Shikamaru jumped in "We will make it to the port in 30 minutes, then the boat ride will take an hour or two, then we came it to the land of fire and as per request Asuma and your Uncle called ahead and there is a place for you to change and we can go by foot back to Konoha" Tori giggled and he sat down across from us "You know you can drop the formality big brother".

I nodded, Shikamaru then proceeds to slouch down and sigh, "What a drag, too many rules and regulations and I thought being a ninja was hard but a royal guard. I have no idea how much work went into it" I smiled "There he is. Oh, and Shika remember to tell Tsunade that we will be staying at my mom's house, I will not be taking any missions until I leave for training once Jiraiya is ready to take me. But if I have to take a mission it has to be B-rank and with Genma and his team" he nodded. "Y/n you barely slept, take a nap, We have a day or two trip ahead, I don't mind carrying you when your tiered but rest, I'm here so don't worry"

As If his words were the key, I dropped my shoulders, took off the crown, let my hair down from the updo that I had, I took off my gloves and I shoved them plus the crown in to my satchel. Tori being Tori gave me a blanket even though it was only going to be a 30-minute ride, it's a power nap. I sunk in to the cushioned chair of the carriage "Just relax" Shika said, and with that I fell in to a dreamless sleep