Chapter 34: Once again so close but not there

Chapter 34

Y/n p.o.v

I was home, I had been here for three weeks, it was nice, no missions or royal duties. A semi-normal life, since we have ANBU all around the exterior of the property since my Aunt is paranoid. Tori had been doing much better, she was getting back to her old self, slowly, but it's all baby steps.

I have not taken more than three days off since I became a Chunin so it's been nice to unwind. I am not super girly but I do enjoy having a at home spa day every four days, eating f/f, and just overall hanging out with my sister.

"Hey Y/n the timer went off" Sakura said coming in to my room where I was reading, her and Ino had come over today since they had the day off. I got up and placed the book down, "Isn't that a war book?" Sakura asked as we walked down the stairs. "Yeah, it never hurts to learn about the past and strategies for war, its quite interesting, plus it's not like there is going to be some big bad war in like four years"

Ino and Tori were waiting for us at the entrance of the kitchen, Tori handing me my gloves, "It smells heavenly" Sakura said as I took out the cookies. I placed the baking sheet full of cookies on the countertop. Tori was about to reach for one but I pushed her hand away "No. you have to wait for 10 minutes" She sighed but her eyes lit up "DANCE PARTY" she yelled and dragged Sakura and Ino out of the kitchen and probably to the living room.

I heard the music blasting 'all eyes on me in the center of the ring just like a circus' I was going to join them. But there was a knock at the back door, I left the kitchen and walked down the hall, opened the door. I felt my heart do summer salts "SHIKA", he looked happy to see me, he had his mission gear on and I looked at his arm. "What happened! Come in, your bleeding!" He came in and I led him to one of the five staircases we have to go to the second floor "It's not such a big deal Y/n, it's just a scratch" I stopped mid-way up the stairs and looked behind me, I pulled up my sleeve, "This is a scratch" I pointed at my arm, and I continued going up "Morning training with Tori went well as you can see, it's an improvement".

We walked down the hall and made it to my room. Shikamaru sat right down on my bed and I went in to my closet to get my medical stuff, I pulled my desk chair and sat right Infront of him, our knees were practically touching, I think he noticed cause "Since when do you wear shorts?" "It's laundry day, and give me your arm", he extended his arm, I cleaned around the wound, and then I got the peroxide "Okay so this might sting so" I put it on the cloth and then placed it on his arm, "Ahh fuck" he whined, I giggled a little and we did that two mote tines and then I was going to heal it but "No its fine just bandage it up" Shikamaru said as he lifted up my hand, his hands were soft and warm. "Okay" and so I did as told.

"So, when do you leave again?" there was no lingering emotion when he asked that, I honestly didn't know where we stood. "In about two weeks I think" was my response. I looked up for a second and he looked like he was thinking real hard on what to say. "Don't worry, I can see it in your eyes. Tori will be alright. She'll have me, and I know the rest of our friends will also take care of her". I sighed, "Thanks" I shortly after finished bandaging him up. "Thanks Princess" "Any time Lazy bum" I was putting away my stuff when he spoke up "Y/n I need to talk emotions" he blurted out.

I was confused "Okay umm that didn't make sense but go on" I went to sit next to him on the bed, He seemed nervous, and then I got nervous, we were truly alone for the first time in a long time. I then relaxed, I let the tension out of my body. I started to feel those feelings. Feelings of Love.

I felt his hand on my chin, lifting my head up, for my eyes to meet his warm brown ones. "Y/n your blushing?" he said softly I instinctively looked away "Is that bad?" I asked turning back to him, "No, no it's fine. Actually, I was thinking?" I felt my heart race, was he going to say something good or bad? "I uh.... for the longest time I-"

My door flung open and I jumped up and fell off my bed, "I'm really sorry to break in on you like this. Hi Shikamaru. But your grandmother is here now! She wants you and Tori ready ASAP!" Sakura said and then her face dropped. "Oh no. I was intruding." Shikamaru helped me get up. "No Sakura it is fine" he said but I knew he was annoyed "I was actually just going to leave" Shikamaru was starting to walk out but stopped at the door, "Y/n, don't worry it was not important. I'll see you in a few day" his head hung low and he walked out.

I then saw Ino at the door and she looked mad, her glare was toward Sakura.

"You, me in the hall now!!!" She was mad. Then she looked at me "Y/n, get ready, don't worry, I already sent Tori to her room"

Ino's p.o.v

I dragged Sakura into one of the guest rooms down the hall. I locked the door "You dumb ass bitch!! Shikamaru was going to confess today!!!" I yelled at Sakura, she seemed shocked "Wait her was? Oh my gosh. I ruined it" I smacked her "DO YOU KNOW HOW LONG IT TOOK ME AND CHOJI TO MAKE HIM HAVE THE BALLS TO DO IT!! MONTHS OF WORK DOWN THE DRAIN. It's your fault but also her grandmothers for having horrible timing. I honestly rather have you go up than her. Who knows how she'd react!"

I sighed and sat down on the chair that was there, Shikamaru had the biggest crush on Y/n, he has liked her since forever. It's like how I love Sasuke except this could work out since Y/n isn't with the bad guys. I know she has a thing for him too according to Sakura. This the one thing me and billboard brow agree on. But something always keeps getting in the way. Shikamaru overthinks in my opinion. I told him to screw his facts and to just go for it! I know Sakura is so close to making Y/n admit she has a crush. But they're both stubborn. I just hope we have enough time before she leaves again.

Back to your p.o.v

I was trying to put on my necklace, my door opened "Grandmama I am coming just give me a second!" then behind me in the reflection of my mirror I saw who it was and turned around to hug him "Robin, what are you doing here?" I asked, "I am your Grandmothers, personal bodyguard, now. And I was sent up to get you as well, you are having dinner with the feudal lord, oh and your grandmother told me to say this to you, his nephew Ashi will be there, he is 15, and is trained as well. Oh, and the grandson of a wealthy merchant will be joining us as well. So basically, you know the drill. Oh, and let me help you put that on"

I gave him the necklace and moved my hair to the side, I sighed "Can there be one day where she doesn't try to set me up! Like I know I am turning 13 in 4 months, but chill lady I got all the time in the world. And Thanks" I said and I looked at myself one last time and was about to walk out but Robin closed the door.

"A piece of advice before we leave, tell him how you feel, before you leave. If not then get over him, I don't need to tell you why, your grandmother can yell it to you in several languages." He was serious, his usual somewhat soft red eyes had a piercing look in them. So I glared back, "It's not like I'm some painting she can auction off" I opened the door and walked down preparing myself for a boring diner