Chapter 73: Assassins / Shikamaru's promise to A Fathers words

Y/n p.o.v

I had spent the last few days in Remis, Robin, Hayasaka, Kiba, Lee, and Genma. We were all training the united royal army. It was intense and the few Lunar ninjas we had, so basically one of my best soldiers, would be in charge once I left. Since the training was done in Remis, Takashi was there, but he'd be participating in this war, he was a 'spare' since Marie was the oldest child and he is the eldest son of the King. So we had to cooperate and work together. Takashi was trained by Genma, he would have six weeks. At the start of the seventh Genma would have to come back to Konoha and then a few days later war. Selena would also be coming back to Konoha with me for multiple reasons. Lady Amber was also coming with me, since it was decided for me not to jump in the war until everyone would be almost dead. Grandmama thought the extra time I had off, I could learn how to 'act' like a Princess. But how do you expect me to act okay when people want to kill me now more.

I was on high alert. I had lived my whole life dealing with assassination attempts but now they were practically happening every day and it had become part of my usual routine. Since this is technically war, I was no longer allowed to do my own thing, even with escorts I'd walk with them and sleep on the floor. Not lady like at all but now I had to do the whole Princess flashy thing. I had been in a ship, carriage, and fancy tent for two weeks now, we were going at a very dreadful speed. Oh gosh I'm starting to talk all fancy and proper. But nonetheless, I was bored out of my mind since I had to keep the windows and curtains shut in the carriage.

The carriage stopped, I assumed the men were taking a break, I'm not heartless, I made them go on them and for once it seems they decided to take one and not have me yelling at them to stop since they overwork themselves. I was gonna step out but I heard an explosion. I slightly lifted my hand but I restrained myself and it went back to being on my lap. I heard a scream from one of my men. I reached for the Katana next to me. "Princess, you mustn't engage in battle, this isn't your fight to deal with. Blood will always be spilled to protect the future Queen. These men, if they die, they die with honor" Amber said to me. "You are to remain seated until all is cleared". I was gripping on to my dress and tried to keep a straight face. Selena also seemed uncomfortable just sitting there and not doing anything.

Ten long minutes. Until Sir Keith opened the door. "Everything is alright Princess, just one injured but I think you could fix that. The assassins were dealt with, someone came by just in time an-" I heard an explosion. "I seemed to have underestimated them" and he closed the door again. Selena gave me a look, "I know, it-" the door swung open and before the masked guy could reach out to get Amber, I had kicked him back. "OH FUCK IT" I yelled. "Selena protect Amber" I said and jumped out of the carriage.

I noticed this wasn't the usual 2-5 guy squad sent to kill me, no it was a literal small ambush of about 70 of them, I had 6 guards. I took out from the pocket of my dress a gun prototype and shot three rounds to a tree. We were about five miles from the gates, so someone had to hear them. Yes I could take on all these guys, but I'd risk hurting others since my jutsu's are flashy and I only have a katana, brute strength and eyes. "BACK IN THE CARRIAGE NOW!" Keith yelled at me. He had like ten guys surrounding him. I noticed there was one in the trees. My eyes changed and the guy in the tree looked me right in the eyes. I leaned against the side of the carriage since I didn't have exactly anyone watching out from in in a way.

"You will do as I say, fight your own men and protect my General" I said in my mind to the guy. He started to fight his own guys and he seemed like the leader of this scheme so he was a decent fighter, nothing like my guys. "Look Out!/Princess" I heard Keith and others yell. I quickly stepped forward and I turned and in my hand, I had a 'dagger' while my arm was extended with my blade at his neck. "Nice seeing ya Princess" of all people it had to be the absolute most annoying person on the planet, Raven and Robin's other cousin "Jay, you're far from home" and he tried to kick me but I swung my sword in front of me and it created a wind barrier around me.