Chapter 3: Worries and Shogi

I finally made to Shikamaru's House, as I was about to knock the door, Yoshino opened it. "Hi Y/n, you just made it on time." Then she pulled me in to a hug, I took off my shoes and went in. I saw Shikaku at the end of the table, and my dad was at the other. My mom was on the right of my dad, I'm assuming Yoshino was sitting next t my mom, witch meant, me and Shika are probably eating some where else. "Hi Sweet Heart" Said my dad as he got up. He picked me up and spined me around. "Dad!! Some day your going to have to stop doing that. I'm going to grow up." I said. He just laughed and put me down, then I hugged my mom, "Y/n to dad. Your always going to be his Little princess" Then I went over to hug Shikaku, he's not much of a hugger but I'm an exception. "Hey kid, Shikamaru is out back, Yoshino will bring your food to you. I walked towards the door that let me go outside, when I opened it there was Shikamaru laying on the ground sleeping, and a empty plate was next to him. Then Yoshino came and gave me my food, grilled mackerel with red bean paste. That's his favorite. I ate the whole thing.

Now it was time to wake him up, I laid down next to him, poked him 3 times. "What do you want women" he said lazily, "So you were awake, why didn't you come over and say 'Hi' or something" "It was to much work to get up and go to you" I sighed, "Shika it's only like 20 steps, gosh your so lazy-" he started talking while I was mid-sentence "Shhhhhh, just watch the clouds with me".

I was quite for about 8 minutes "Shika do you ever wonder what's going to happen when we grow up?" I asked him "No, it's such a drag to think that far ahead. But what I do know is that my old man wants me to become a ninja, I'm already I the academy. What about you" "Well back at home in Costa Luna, I go to the academy, but I also have other teachers who come to my house, like a samurai, world history, Shinobi history, language, and 'how to be a princess 101". "That sounds like a drag, so much work" I giggled "Shika to you every thing is such a drag". We watched how the clouds slowly moved with the slight breeze. The sky was clear blue and she sun was bright. I saw our moms walk to the door way, they were talking but I couldn't hear. Soon my eyes started to get heavy and slowly I was falling asleep.

Yoshino's p.o.v

I was at the door way with Rebecca, the kids were looking at clouds. I looked over to Rebecca, she looked worried "Hey what's wrong" I said to her, she looked up at me and met my gaze, "Yoshino, if something ever happens to me and Riker, promise me you'll take care of Y/n for me, she so Innocent and pure, sometimes I don't want her to become a ninja or grow up" she said with sadness. "Rebecca what do you mean if something happens?" I said "Well there is this man, named Vox, he is part of the high council, he has always envied Riker, in a war, 200 years ago, his family rised up to over throw the Royal family, and I have a feeling he will want that too, I have mentioned it to Riker, be he doesn't believe me. According to one of my most trusted servants, she says that he looks at Y/n and his expression is pure evil. I started to tack him, and see what was going on, I feel like I'm close to my answer but even if I did find something, I don't know what I would do next. You and Tsunade are the only ones who know." I was shocked. Why would any one do such a thing, Power? Money? Fame? To destroy a whole family. I held, Rebecca's hand, squeezed it tight. "I promise you that if any thing ever dose happen, I'll make sure she's fine and treat her as my own. If I can help prevent anything I will. If you would allow me, can I tell Shikaku, before you were a noble of Costa Luna, before Riker you were Lady Rebecca Senju, and being one of Konoha's princesses you must be protected. I can see if Shikaku can do something." Becca smiled at me "Yeah you can tell him, thank you Yoshino." I smiled at her "Anything for you, your practically family. You are like one of Shikaku's sisters, that would make me your sister in law hahah, remember the first time I met you" we both started to laugh "You were jealous, you thought I would steal him from you hahah" we both looked at the kids, and they fell asleep, so we picked them up and put them on the couch, 2 hours later they woke up and went outside to play Shogi with their dad's.

*back to your p.o.v*

So far me and Shika can't beat our dads. So they started to play with each other, so far their score is 1009 to 1008 (Shikaku and Riker). "I win" said Shikaku, "What, you did that trick again!!" said my dad. Then after they reset the board. "Hey Shikaku, how about we let the kids play against each other?" then Shikaku smirked "not a bad idea" i sat where my dad was and Shika sat where his was. After 10 minutes "I WIN YAY" i said. Shika looked confused "Wait I get how you won but how come your dad loses to mine but yet you beat me!?" "Hmmmm maybe were opposites" then our dads laughed, my dad then said "Well your mom always beats Shikaku, out of 10 games he wins 4, you definitely got her brain"

After that we played 12 more times.
Y/n 7
Shikamaru 6