Chapter 11: to be or not to be in a team

Y/n p.o.v

The sun was peaking  through and I felt a head and a arm. My eyes adjusted to the light. I looked down and Shikamaru was holding on to me like a baby with their favorite blanket cute I said to my self. I replaced my self with a pillow so he wouldn't wake up. I went to the room next door to see if any of my old clothes fit me, and to my surprise the whole room was clean, Yoshino must have cleaned it, I'll have to thank her before I leave then I noticed the pile for fresh clean clothes. There was a note on top

I took a quick shower, changed, my clothes were the same ones my Aunt Tsunade wore when she was my age, and went to the kitchen. Yoshino was starting to make breakfast. "Good morning Honey, your up early. It's only 6:45am"

"Yeah I know but I better go early to the Hokage office. So I better go now." So I turned around and was about to walk when Yoshino grabbed my back and said "You are not leaving this house on a empty stomach child" and so she quickly served me my favorite kind of cereal. I ate quick then left.

I soon made it to the Hokage tower and I went in. And I saw his secretary. "Hi and good morning miss Alana can you tell the Hokage that his favorite granddaughter is here to see him" "Good morning Lady Y/n and I'll go tell him." She left and came back in 5 minutes "He ready to see you". As soon as she said that I ran up the stairs and didn't bother knocking the door, I went straight in, and there was the old man in his chair "Grandpa!" I ran to give him a hug. He hugged me back "My little Rose is back" that was the nick name he had for me. As we pulled away "I'm sorry I didn't come yesterday, I got distracted and I lost track of time" I said as I looked down "Don't worry, I know you were excited to see all your friends. Now you know what we must discuss."  He said as he sat down on his chair and I sat on one across from him. "Yes, my rank status. Witch I hope will still be Genin" he chuckled and said "Child you and I both know that you will move up. Your Aunt and Shizune sent me their reports. Phase 2 of your eyes has awakened, by next year you should have the strength of a hundred seal, you are as strong as your mother and Aunt from when they were the age of 14 and you are now 12. Your wind style has improved. You also started learning water style and you have the potential to do Ice since those 3 run in the family, you are also skilled in taijutsu. And it says that for your final test: Land 5 good hits on your Aunt who is a Sanin, you did it in a span of 1 hour."

I was blushing in embarrassment because I don't exactly like to be in the spot light "Asuma and company you can come in" The door opened and all my teaches were there, Uncle Asuma, Kakashi sensei, Iruka sensei, Kureni sensei who will one day become Auntie when Uncle Asuma will become man enough to ask her out and Guy sensei. "I know all of you are eager to know what my decision is. I've decided to promote you to Chunin."

I was excited and all my teachers were happy. Uncle Asuma stepped up and gave me a necklace. "This was the gift I gave to your mother when she became Chunin.