Chapter 76: Kurenai is in labor

Y/n p.o.v

I felt so at peace. I was reading a book in Shikamaru's room as he used my legs as his pillow. We both had the day off. He had been on a mission. I had been working non-stop. We both just wanted today to relax.

"BIG SISTER Y/N!!!!!" I could hear Konohamaru scream. I pushed Shikamaru off and I opened the window and stuck half my body out. "Auntie's water broke! She told me to tell you that" I felt as if I was gonna faint. "But she is not due till next week! I was supposed to be with her!!!" I turned around and Shikamaru passed me my jacket and we both ran out. I ran to the front of the house and Shikamaru grabbed my arm, "you're gonna go out of the house like that?" he asked me. I was in short shorts, a black tee, my hair was in a messy bun, and the only shoes I had with me were combat boots while my coat was long and flowy. "Were in Konoha, nothing can go wrong. It's laundry day" I said and I ran out with Konohamaru and we exited the Nara clan compound area within the village and we were on the main street when I heard camera flashes "PRINCESS Y/N!!!!" I turned around and flashes. I was met with the press, and then I remembered I was a ninja. I grabbed Shikamaru and Konohamaru and I teleported us to the hospital.

We were at the front desk, "Jenny!!!" I said and my former teacher turned to see me, "Your Aunt is on the third floor, lady Hokage will be the doctor and she wants you to help, so come with me, I have a spare set of clothes for you" and I sighed in relief. "You are amazing Jen" and the nurse just laughed at me, "I just happen to be prepared for anything my dear now come on. You boys stay in the waiting room" and I ran to Jenny's office, she was the head nurse of the hospital. I opened the door and took the red duffel bag into her private bathroom and changed as fast as I could. I put on my medical coat and I teleported to where my Aunt was.

I was in the room and I saw Aunt Tsuna writing something down on the chart. Kakashi and Guy were also in the room. "Auntie!" I said and I walked up to her, "Well be outside now that Y/n is here" Kakashi said as he and Guy ran out. "How are you feeling right now besides the obvious?" I asked. Kurenai was paler than usual, she was sweating a little and she seemed as if she hadn't slept for a while. "Well I technically started labor yesterday" and I saw her hold back a noise, I looked at the monitor, she was having a contraction. I looked over at my Aunt, "She wants a natural birth, the only thing she will let us do is keep her on I.V fluids" and I nodded.

Once it was over Aunt Tsuna checked and Kurenai was 8cm dilated, we needed her at ten so she could push. But nonetheless, I was there as a 'caregiver' but also for my own personal reasons. Aunt Tsuna had other patients and so she went to check on them. Shizune was in the room next door attending to the lady who was giving birth. I stayed with Auntie K. The contractions were worse and closer and she seemed in so much pain. "Auntie K, medical ninjutsu isn't medication, so umm if you want tell me where it hurts so I can at least help you since I don't exactly like sitting down and I have been staring at the monsters and so far it's all going how it's supposed to at this stage in labor." I said to her, she nodded "Alright, my hips, that's where it feels the worst right now. How did my mom do this?" and she closed her eyes in pain. I got right to work and it felt strange, you can't exactly heal it but only try to soothe the pain. There was a knock on the door. "Come in" I said and I knew it was Shikamaru. "Hey Kurenai Sensei, I just wanted to see how things were going" and he closed the door and got closer to me. "Y/n she looks horrible, she is so pale, she looks like she hasn't slept for days and she seems visibly in pain" I heard Shikamaru say in my head. I turned around and I gave him a look "That's labor, she had to push out a human being that's been growing. Labor is different for everyone but most women will look like this, honestly, Kurenai is lucky, I have been in other rooms and others are having it worse" I responded and just then this contraction stopped. "I'm doing much better now that Y/n helped me" she said slightly out of breath.