036. jealousy, jealousy

Start from the beginning

━━━━━ ⋆⋅♥︎⋅⋆ ━━━━━

Caroline faced Elena and Stefan, "I'm thinking nothing huge, just a dinner at the grill maybe a late movie." She suggested. Elena and Stefan glanced at eachother for a moment. Suddenly, Lexa and Sienna appeared, the girls with linked arms. Since they'd been becoming good friends, they'd been more affectionate towards eachother, Caroline couldn't help but to feel jealous when she saw how close they were.. Lexa was her best friend, not Sienna's. "Hey! Sounds fun. I'm in." Lexa announced, butting into their plans.

"Wait.. You mean like a double date?" Stefan asked Caroline. "Two pairs out on a Friday night coupled. Yeah a double date." Caroline laughed, before turning to Lexa. "Sorry Lexa.. You don't have a date. I love you, but you can't be a fourth wheel." She insisted. Lexa then glanced at Sienna, "Hey Cece feel like being my date?" She asked, as Caroline felt her blood boil. "Yeah! I'd love that Lexa!" Sienna replied with a smug smile.

"Do you think this is a good idea?" Elena asked, feeling awkward about them going on a double—triple date with Matt... her ex boyfriend. "Why not? We all haven't gone out together before and I don't want it to be uncomfortable for us. Look the couple dynamics have changed and there's been a little awkwardness between you, Matt, and me and I just think it's important that we get over it." Caroline chimed.

"I don't know." Elena sighed. Lexa let go of Sienna's arm, walking over to Elena, "Oh come on Pouty! It'll be fun." She insisted, nudging her twin who was giving her an offended look for the nickname. Stefan, ignoring the sisters, decided to answer. "I think that sounds like a great idea."

"You do?" Elena and Lexa admitted in surprise, before they faced Stefan. Sienna laughed, surprised by the plot twist here. "How the turn tables." She shrugged. "Yeah. A nice evening out with friends. Sounds fun, as in fun." Stefan admitted, putting emphasis on the word fun. Elena shrugged, "A triple date it is." Caroline smiled, "Ok. So, we will see you tonight."

━━━━━ ⋆⋅♥︎⋅⋆ ━━━━━

Elena, Lexa, Caroline, Sienna, Matt and Stefan all sat at a table. There was a bit of silence, which was uncomfortable for everyone but Lexa and Sienna, who kept nudging eachother.

"So, Matt, How do you like working here?" Elena spoke up, breaking the silence. Matt shrugged, "It's not that bad. Wait staff are pretty good but they can't keep a bartender to save their lives. I actually put my Mum up for a job." He said.

"How has that been? Having Kelly back?" Lexa asked suddenly, offering the boy a smile. "You know, same old Kelly. She's trying, sort of." Matt sighed.

Elena turned to Stefan, Caroline and Sienna, "Kelly and my mom were best friends growing up. That's how Matt, Lexa and I first met, we shared a crib together." Stefan looked surprised, "You're kidding?" Matt chuckled, "No, we have known each other our whole lives." Elena and Matt glance at each other, as Caroline sighed.

Everyone turned their heads and watched Damon, Kelly and Jenna drinking together, at the bar. "You got to be kidding me." Matt spoke as Sienna giggled.

━━━━━ ⋆⋅♥︎⋅⋆ ━━━━━

Caroline, Lexa , Sienna, Elena, Stefan and Matt were at the pool table, watching Damon, Kelly and Jenna.

"At least they're having fun." Lexa shrugged. "They're drunk." Elena responded to her twin. "Remember when Elena and Lexa's parents busted us here after the homecoming?" Matt asked, causing Caroline to laugh, "Oh my god yes!"