028. unpleasantville

Start from the beginning

━━━━━ ⋆⋅♥︎⋅⋆ ━━━━━

Bonnie had a complete look of surprise on her face "I can't believe you're both adopted. I never saw that coming." She gasped

"And it gets weirder. We looked at our birth certificates. It lists Miranda and Grayson Gilbert as our birthparents. None of it makes any sense." Elena admitted as Lexa slurped on her drink, an iced coffee. "Which is why you should ask Jenna." Bonnie said as both the twins groaned. "First of all, the Elena and Lexa I know would always want the real truth, good or bad." Bonnie insisted.

"And second of all?" Lexa asked. "Elena, You just found out your boyfriend is a vampire, so unless your birthparents are aliens... How bad could it be?" Bonnie said as the twins laughed. "Ah, ok, look, I have to go to the store. My outfit for the dance is severely lacking accessories." Elena said.

Elena got up, looking to Lexa, "You coming?" The brunette shook her head, "Nah I'm meeting Sienna shortly." She replied. Bonnie blinked in surprise, "Since when are you and Sienna friends?" She asked, curiously. "Since they hung out together at the cemetery." Elena said, a slight smile. Bonnie then turned to Lexa, with a look of concern. "Long story... but Sienna asked me to be her date for the dance."

"Wait? Date? Damn Lexa, have you moved on from Caroline?" Bonnie teased as Lexa blushed slightly, "Bon we're going as friends! I still like Care... but she's into Matt." She sighed, disappointedly. "Hey I'll see you guys at the dance, okay?" Elena asked as Lexa and Bonnie agreed. Elena then left.

As Elena exited the Grill, Sienna entered, and joined Bonnie and Lexa. "Hey ladies." She chimed, before Lexa slid her glass half filled with iced coffee to the girl that'd just sat down. "Thank you." Sienna chimed, taking a sip before she slid it back.

"So you two are going to the dance together?" Bonnie asked, turning to Sienna. "Yeah! Are you going with anyone?" She asked. Bonnie shook her head, and Lexa felt a little guilty as they'd gone to the last dance together. Bonnie noticed this and shot Lexa a reassuring smile, "Save me a dance, Lexa?" She asked. Lexa then smiled smugly, "You betcha."

The trio talked for a while, but after about 20 minutes Sienna and Lexa decided to leave, as they were getting ready at the Lockwood mansion.

━━━━━ ⋆⋅♥︎⋅⋆ ━━━━━

"We look cute as hell." Sienna announced, peering in the mirror as she'd just finished doing her makeup, as well as Lexa's. "Girl, you did an amazing job." Lexa blurted, looking at her reflection in surprise. The Gilbert had worn makeup previously, but wasn't very extreme or talented with it. Sienna on the other hand, had explained she spent a lot of her childhood practicing with old makeup of Carol's. "Why thank you." Sienna answered.

Lexa sat down, putting on her shoes now. Sienna did some finishing touches on her makeup, before she turned and looked at Lexa. "What are you staring at?" Lexa teased. "Oh you know... this hot girl sitting in front of me." Sienna said casually as Lexa tried not to blush.

"Hold on.. I didn't blend the eyeshadow in properly, close your eyes." Sienna ordered, before she got in Lexa's face. The brunette blinked in surprise before she closed her eyes. Sienna ran the eyeshadow brush over Alexia's eyelids, fixing her mistake. To Lexa, it already looked perfect, but Sienna was quite the perfectionist.

"There— all done!" Sienna announced, as Lexa opened her eyes, blushing slightly when she realised how close their faces were. For a second, the pair tried to quickly glance at one another's lips, but there was a knock at the door that caused them to quickly move away from eachother. "Come in!" Sienna answered.

The door opened and Tyler stood in the doorway, "Hey are you guys nearly ready?" He asked. Sienna and Lexa both nodded. "Yeah— we'll be out in a couple minutes." Sienna said before Tyler nodded and closed the door. The Lockwood girl then turned back to Lexa, offering a small smile.

━━━━━ ⋆⋅♥︎⋅⋆ ━━━━━

The '50s dance. The students of Mystic Falls were dressed in their best '50s getups and dancing to This Magic Moment.

Lexa and Elena were standing by the punch bowl, Elena nervously fidgeting with her earring, whilst she explained to her twin about the attack that had happened before she arrived. "So you think it was that cute guy that delivered us pizza?" Lexa asked as Elena nodded. "That little fucking sneaky—" Lexa was cut off as Elena nudged her, because Caroline, Sienna and Bonnie were approaching them.

Lexa looked Caroline up and down, before blushing slightly, "Care! You look so beautiful!" She blurted, before quickly looking to Sienna and Bonnie, who also looked amazing. Lexa just froze, trying not to blush as the three beautiful girls stood in front of her. Elena linked her arm with her twin. "Are you having a gay panic?" Elena asked her in an awkward whisper. "M..Maybe-" Lexa blurted back in a whisper.

After a moment Lexa cleared her throat, before looking to Caroline, "Are you having a good time?" She asked. Caroline shook her head, "No, but this took about two hours, so I'm at least staying half of that." The group all laughed at her dramatics.

Bonnie looked off into the distance, noticing Damon. "What's Damon doing here?" She asked as Elena, Lexa, Caroline and Sienna turned to look at Damon, who was standing with Stefan. Sienna just smiled dreamily at Damon, making a note to ask him to dance later... but Lexa had her first dance, obviously.

"Damon wanted to come. I promise. He'll behave." Elena replied. Lexa wanted to remind her sister that last time Damon came to a gathering of sort and promised to behave, Lexi ended up dead and Stefan's sister left town completely heartbroken... but then she remembered that she was in the presence of her friends who weren't aware of the supernatural, and she definitely didn't want to open up that conversation.

Caroline blinked in surprise before she faced Elena, "So what is this, like, a threesome now, you and the Salvatore brothers?" She asked. "Doesn't he have a sister too? You may as well throw her into the equation." The Forbes added. Sienna tried to hold back a laugh, whilst Lexa and Bonnie looked at Caroline in exasperation.

"No, but if I'm gonna be with Stefan, then I have to learn to tolerate Damon. It's not like I can kill him." Elena admitted. Bonnie, who was still staring at Damon said, "There's a thought." Caroline grinned, "Mmm. I'll help." Before Lexa smirked, "Me too."

Caroline, Bonnie and Lexa clinked their glasses together as Elena looks down, trying hard not to smile at her friends' comments. Sienna just rolled her eyes playfully, before offering her hand out to Lexa. "Care to dance, date?" She asked, putting emphasis on the word, date. Lexa just grinned, before she took Sienna's hand, "Of course, Lockwood."

The pair then walked off, as Caroline blinked in surprise, "I never knew they were even friends let alone a- thing!" She stammered, sounding jealous. Bonnie just frowned as she looked to Caroline, "There's no thing.. they're just friends." She said. Elena then grinned at Caroline, "Are you jealous that someone else has Lexa's attention?" She asked, teasingly as Caroline frowned.

Yes! She is my best friend." She huffed, though Elena and Bonnie glanced at eachother awkwardly, as they knew that deep down what Caroline felt for Lexa, was more than a friendship, even if she hadn't realised it yet.