024. the promise of your future

Start from the beginning

"Yours leaves, mine returns." Jenna said un
enthusiastically, following the twins out the door. "Logan?" The girls both asked in unison, surprised. "He's back." Jenna said, as Lexa groaned. "I didn't let him pass the front door." Jenna confessed.

"I hope you slammed it in his face." Lexa huffed, crossing her arms. "Ah, medium slam." Jenna admitted. "Three strike rule, Jenna. You're not even aloud to watch the news." Elena insisted, teasingly. "Exactly. No more Logan Scum Fell." Jenna said.

━━━━━ ⋆⋅♥︎⋅⋆ ━━━━━

Lexa, Elena and Bonnie were walking down the opposite end of the hall. They saw Caroline and Matt together. "Did I miss something?" Elena asked. "They've been hanging out." Bonnie confessed. "How could you have missed it? Matt is all Caroline has been talking about." Lexa admitted, not meaning for her tone to come out so jealous, as Bonnie gave her a sympathetic look.

"Kind of weird, don't you think?" Elena shrugged. Caroline and Matt backed away into their classroom, out of the trio's sight. "She needs someone nice like him." Bonnie smiled. "As opposed to a homicidal vampire like Damon." Lexa shrugged, as Bonnie shuddered.

"Bonnie, how are you doing with all that?" Elena asked her. Bonnie faced Elena, "I'm freaked out. Damon attacked me. I could be dead right now. But I'm also grateful." She said. "Hmm?" The twins asked in unison.

"To Stefan. He saved my life and...Have you seen him?" Bonnie asked. Elena removed her scarf and went over to her locker. "Not since he told me he was leaving. For all I know, he's already gone." Elena sighed, sounding disappointed. "He wouldn't leave without saying goodbye." Bonnie reassured her. "Little bitch didn't tell me he was leaving." Lexa frowned as this was news to her, before she crossed her arms.

Elena retrieved books from her locker "Yes, he would. He thinks he's protecting me. Clean break and all that." She explained. "So, what are you gonna do?" Bonnie asked, curiously. "What am I supposed to do? I've already begged him not to go. If I ask again, I'm being selfish. It is what it is." Elena sighed, sounding conflicted. They start to walk down the hallway again.

"Maybe it's for the best." Bonnie sighed. Elena stopped and looked at Bonnie who stops as well. "What? Why?" Lexa blurted, as she really thought Stefan and Elena were so good for eachother, despite her thoughts on Stefan in the beginning. "I mean Elena, what kind of future could you have had with him, even if he stayed?" Bonnie asked, honestly.

Suddenly, a banner fell down on them that says "The Promise of your Future."

"Bonnie— what the fuck?" Lexa blurted, her eyes widening before she let out a nervous laugh at the banner. "Did you just...?" Elena asked, after eyeing Bonnie curiously. "No, I swear." Bonnie laughed.

Elena sighed and hit the banner out of her way, storming off to her class. "Oh, God." Lexa laughed, composing herself before she and Bonnie walked after Elena.

━━━━━ ⋆⋅♥︎⋅⋆ ━━━━━

The career fair was in full swing at the school. Tyler was flipping through some sketches in a giant notebook, whilst Sienna looked over his shoulder oohing and aahing over the art pieces. Jeremy walked in and looked over at Tyler. Tyler looked up at the Gilbert.

"What do you want?" The Lockwood huffed. "Hey. Uh, I'm just surprised to see you here." Jeremy admitted before he walked towards Tyler. "Art usually implies culture and culture implies, well, not you."

Sienna frowned, before rolling her eyes, as the pair were already starting to argue. "Go to hell." Tyler growled as Jeremy just smirked to himself before he looked down at the drawing Tyler stopped on. Tyler was the one who drew it.

━━━━━ ⋆⋅♥︎⋅⋆ ━━━━━

Lexa approached Matt, with a cheeky grin on her face. "Still wanna be an astronaut?" She asked, teasingly as she nudged him. Matt just chuckled, "I can't believe you remember that." He replied, embarrassedly.

"I can remember the tinfoil that you wore on your head." Lexa giggled, "Lena loved it." She added. "I was eight." The blonde defended himself.

"How are you doing?" Lexa then asked, feeling like she hadn't had a chance to speak to Matt since before Vicki was around. "I've had it easier. But what about you? You're the one who overdosed, nearly died and spent weeks in rehab." He blurted, before realising how harsh that sounded. Lexa just frowned before she fired back, "Well you're the one who got abandoned by your sister!"

After literally throwing trauma in eachother's faces, the pair burst out laughing, before returning to their conversation prior.

"I miss Vicki... but I'm starting to get better. Actually, I feel like I've come a long way since we stopped talking, as harsh as that sounds." Lexa confessed, as Matt looked sympathetically at her. "I'm sorry for the path Vicki took you down. I should have stopped it..." He declared, seeming to hold himself responsible.

"I guess just... having you and Vicki hang out so much, meant that Elena and I could spend more time together. I guess I didn't realise until it was too late, just how much she was destroying you." Matt admitted, seeming deflated. Lexa seemed surprised to hear him speak about his sister this way, and hold her accountable.

"I heard some things about Elena, is she okay?" Matt asked, breaking the silence. Caroline now entered the room, unbeknownst to Matt and Lexa, as she saw them talking.

"So it's true that Elena and Stefan..." Matt trailed off, as Lexa nodded. "Yeah, it is." She replied. Caroline heard this and frownd, feeling like Matt had been using her as an Elena rebound. "I am not some girl for Matt to use to fill the void.." She growled before she exited the room quickly, clearly upset.

"What about you, Matt Donovan? I heard about Caroline." Lexa teased, though she wasn't sure she wanted the answer to that. "Aw, man, not you too." Matt huffed, embarrassed. "We're friends. It's not a big deal."

"No?"

"No."

Matt and Lexa stared at each other for a moment, as Lexa's expression softened. She felt a bit more at ease knowing Matt and Caroline were just friends. Although she still didn't think she had much of a chance with Caroline, after she denied being bisexual.

Lexa suddenly turned her head, seeing Stefan standing in the doorway, with Elena. The four looked at each other and Matt looks at Stefan, clearly jealous.