014. lexa, the wing woman

Start from the beginning

"Unbelievable. It's like nothing happened." Lexa admitted, speaking quietly. "She's in denial." Bonnie replied. "How can she pretend like nothing happened.." Elena then asked.

"Hey." Stefan said, approaching the trio.

"Hey. You know, I gotta go. Be somewhere else right now. With Lexa." Bonnie declared. Before Lexa had the chance to say anything, Bonnie just about dragged her away, to leave Elena and Stefan alone.

━━━━━ ⋆⋅♥︎⋅⋆ ━━━━━

Dear Diary, I tried. I want so much to make things right, but every instinct in my body is telling me to be careful. What you don't know can hurt you.

Elena stopped writing, as she heard a knock on her door. "Come in." She said, as her twin walked through the doorway. "Hey Lena, you okay? You didn't seem to happy when you first got home." Alexia asked.

"Hey Lexa.." Elena sighed, "I'm miserable."

"Well, you should go get something to eat." Lexa said, a slight smirk on her lips. Elena raised an eyebrow, confused. Despite the many questions that popped into the brunette's head as her sister left her room.. she still got off of her bed and headed downstairs, to grab something from the pantry.

Elena got to the bottom of the staircase and freezed, upon seeing Stefan in her kitchen, prepping food. "Stefan? What are you doing here?" She asked. "Making dinner. Lexa told me that Chicken Parmigiana is one of your favorites, and I happen to be a good cook. The Italian roots demand it. I can even make my own homemade mozzarella. Only tonight, it is unfortunately store bought. Sorry."

Elena crossed her arms, "I don't know what you're trying to accomplish." She admitted. "You want to know me, right? Well, I figure if you're going to dump me, you should at least, um, know who you're dumping. So let's start with Katherine." Stefan decided, as Elena walked over to the Salvatore, intrigued.

━━━━━ ⋆⋅♥︎⋅⋆ ━━━━━

Lexa entered her bedroom and closed the door, turning back to her bed where Caroline sat, a smirk on her lips. "What?" Lexa asked, playfully. "I think that was really sweet.. what you did for Stefan." Caroline admitted, as she looked at Lexa lovingly.

Lexa smiled, walking back over to her bed and plonking herself down, beside her best friend. The pair had been watching a movie on Lexa's laptop, which sat on the bed.

"What can I say? I'm a perfect wing-woman." The brunette said teased, causing Caroline to roll her eyes playfully in response. "Stefan seems like a nice guy.. and my sister should give him a chance." Lexa confessed.

"Maybe instead of focusing on your sisters love life, you should work on your own." Caroline suggested, teasingly. Lexa just laughed awkwardly, "What love life, Care?" She joked.

"Oh come on Lexa.. You've gotta be interested in someone." Caroline huffed, laying back in Lexa's bed now. "You're a Gilbert, surely you have a line of guys and girls pining after you.." Caroline then laughed. "You do know who is pining after me?" She then grinned, hoping to tease her best friend about Vicki.

"Oh god I did not mean Vicki, please don't go back to her." The blonde groaned, controlling. Lexa tried to hold back a laugh. The siphon made it clear that she wasn't ever getting back with Vicki.. but she did find Caroline's reactions always amusing.

"Do you like anyone at the moment?" Caroline asked, sitting up now, getting in Lexa's face. The sudden movement caused the brunette to blush. "I always tell you who I've got my eye on." The blonde cooed.

Lexa rolled her eyes playfully, but when her eyes were back on Caroline's face, she couldn't help but glance down at the girl's lips, for barely a second. "I uh.." Lexa stammered, looking back up at Caroline's eyes. One thing Lexa didn't lack, was confidence.. but right now, she was struggling to string a sentence together... to confess to Caroline that the person Lexa had a crush on, was her.

She felt her heart suddenly race, as her mind was going at a million miles an hour. Caroline is my best friend.. she won't judge me for this. But what if I confess and our friendship is over?! I don't even know if Caroline likes girls.

"I uh.. don't have a crush on anybody at the moment." Lexa lied, as Caroline groaned, before dramatically laying back in the bed. Lexa laid down into the bed also, looking at Caroline, who was trying not to laugh. "Cmon lets finish this movie." The blonde decided.

━━━━━ ⋆⋅♥︎⋅⋆ ━━━━━

Caroline finished watching a movie with Lexa and was driving home. She had her phone on loud speaker as she drove, talking to Tiki. For some reason, she could hear something at the back of her mind.. somebody, calling her name.

"Caroline... Caroline."

"No, Tiki, do not do the one-piece, ok? I've seen it on you. Trust me." Caroline snapped into her phone. "Yeah, but you're going for stripper pole vibe this year." She whined.

"Caroline..."

"Yeah, maybe we should wash the cars in slow motion. No." Caroline huffed.

"..Caroline."

"What?" She suddenly snapped, fed up with whoever was calling her name.. but she then blinks in surprise when she realised she's alone, and taking to Tiki. Caroline assumed she was hearing things, and continued to talk. "Oh, um, no, sorry Tiki. Um, so I'll just see you tomorrow. Two-piece. Ok, bye." Caroline ended the call.