Sorry

Betaed by kyla713

Edward

The door slammed closed behind Bella, the sound instantly making me alert and very aware. Ringing in my ear had me shaking my head to dispel it. On top of that, Dev was blowing the smoke off the end of his bazooka with a smug grin. Fucker.

I was now aware that I just let a beautiful, young woman, that just shown me her vulnerability, leave. She left thinking she wasn't good enough.

In all her intelligence, beauty, and strength, it was all a cover for lay beneath. She was lonely. She was an impressionable woman, who believed that because of her smarts, she was unlovable.

Fucking hell! What was I still doing here?

My legs were so numb that I fell, catching myself inches before my face became acquainted with Bella's hardwood flooring. I grumbled while I stood up, and heard footsteps bounding up the stairs.

Bella's bedroom door slammed opened, almost comically slamming back closed by the force of its swing. James stopped the door before it had a chance.

"Dude! What the fuck are you still doing here?" James' face was flushed with anger as his fists clenched on his sides. It looked as if he really wanted to hit me.

Dev started to assemble a boxing ring and had it erected in seconds. Meanwhile, Angel changed into a suit and held a microphone.

"Let's get ready to rummmmbbbble!"

I coughed to clear my throat. "I'm on my way out," I said firmly, keeping my eyes from James. Not in fear, but of shame for what I had done; hurting Bella.

"You don't understand, man," James said. "The last time she was mad at me she refused to talk to me. Her grudge was so deep that she went on stage and performed her part in our mutual scene in sign language!"

My eyes widened. "You're kidding me?"

"No, I'm not." James ran his hand through his hair. "Get down there and explain that you're a fucking pansy or something. Or else you'll never see her again."

I nodded and scrambled past him. Once I hit the landing, I took three steps at a time to get down the stairs faster. I wasn't moving fast enough because I could see out the front window that Bella was already half-way down the driveway with Coors and Miller.

Damn it. Desperate to close the distance as quickly as possible, I grabbed the railing and I jumped over and landed in the foyer.

From the doorway, Charlie let out a little whoop and chuckle while I rubbed my ass. It still stung from when Bella kicked me less than a day ago. I ran for the door, not bothering to close it behind me.

"Bella!" I called out for her. "Bella, wait!" I stumbled once on a lip of stone path that led to the front of her house.

She turned to face me, her hands on her hips and a steely glare in her eyes. Fuck, she was pissed.

"I have nothing left to say to you," she said firmly, turning away from me.

"Will you—" I grabbed her arm, but I was met with a blow to my stomach. "Fuck." My breath me for a moment, but I didn't let it stop me. "Wait, let me talk to you." She tried to hit me again but I grabbed hold of both of her wrists. What I didn't expect was her knee.

"Fuck!"I groaned because she managed to catch my thigh—thankfully. My boys couldn't take much more abuse. A part of me—the part controlled by my dick and Dev had me hoping that Bella would massage them better later.

She pulled away until I released her wrists. "Don't think for one second you can manhandle me. I'll have you know Charlie insisted on karate lessons since I was four."