Letters (Reprise)

(Y/N POV)

We strolled to the door, and, not to be rude, Alexander knocked instead of barging straight in. On opening it, a pale boy with scruffy, dark hair blocked the way. A painful scar was engraved down the back of his neck. "Good morning, we are here to see Mrs Taylor." Alexander started. He nodded, guiding us through the household.

It wasn't much more elegant than Alexander's house, just stuffed with more furniture and accessories. Dust was coated along the stairway railings and on top of cabinets, as if it hadn't been cleaned in weeks. Months, perhaps. The boy turned the doorknob, allowing us to pass through. "Thank you." Alexander expressed. I grinned at him, backing Alexander. He'd appeared around my age, though I could've been completely wrong.

~

A fragile hand slowly peeked around the corner. The tender boy who had escorted us here before appeared, fear consuming his eyes. He must be Charles.

~

A black cover, with a golden font at the top reading 'Art Book'. Curiously, I flipped through the pages. Plenty consisted of sketches of turtles, which I found rather satisfying.
"D- Don't touch that!!" Charles yelled, scattering towards me. I dropped the book, backing away.
"Sorry, I didn't realise it was yours..." He gathered the books together, cradling them in his arms.

"I like your drawings..." I commented. For a second, a stark of hope lightened up his eyes. But as I said, it was only a second. He rested at the end of the bed, scratching his neck. It was only then that I had remembered the scar that was ripped down it. Though, I didn't want to ask him about it. "You're very talented." I complimented. God, I sounded like a freak.

"Thank you..." he murmured under his breath.

~

"Great! Now let's get started. Everyone find a partner on the opposite side of the room!"

All of the other girls hopped up excitedly, encouraging the boys to get up. I sighed reluctantly, standing up but remaining in the corner. Charles did the exact same, and we met eyesight. I raised my eyebrows at him, implying that we may as well be partners. He shrugged, sulking over to me. "You haven't learnt this at all, have you?" Charles criticised.
"Not exactly." I grunted. "I can envisage that you surely have."
"Indeed, Miss Hamilton." Charles bowed to me as the music began to play.

~

"I am never doing that again." I told Valentino.
"I thought it was fun!" she exclaimed. "You know, you and my brother would make a good match."
"What?! No we wouldn't!"
"Ahem, yes you would! You're the same age!"
"That doesn't mean anything."

~

"Just know that you can trust me. Alexander isn't my uncle, and Emily is my biological sister."
"Seriously?"
"Seriously. And using the names Y/N L/N or Emily L/N will both get us hurt. And it might get you hurt, too." I warned him. "I love you, Charles, and I don't want you or anyone else I hold close to me to get hurt--"

Abruptly, he smacked his lips onto mine. But the second he realised what he was doing, he pulled himself away. He stood up behind the chair, a terrified look drowning him. "I- I- I'm so sorry, I wasn't thinking, I..." His breath hitched.

"I'm sorry."

~

Charles took my hand back delicately into his, closing his eyes thoughtfully as he kissed my knuckles. He raised my hand up, leaning his forehead into my knuckles with his eyes still closed shut. "They'll use all their strength and might to tear my mind apart, but one thing they can never tear apart is my heart." He lowered my hand, kissing my knuckles again. "And as long as my heart thrives, my affection for you thrives with it."