Generals And Soldiers

!!Warning!!

(Y/N POV)

I trembled with paranoia as he led me through the forgotten fields. All attention was averted directly towards me... although... it was apparent that claps could be heard. From one, joyous clap rose more and more, spreading like a plague. There are no words to express how I felt: none. Supposed ‘Alexander Hamilton’ reassured my senses, calmly stroking his thumb along my hand as he carried on.

Yet within an instant, it was over. He separated our touch, turning to face me. “I’ll go down first. I’ll help you down after me, okay?” He sat down on the ground, shuffling into the relatively deep trench- far deeper than I thought it would be. Three terribly familiar faces taunted me through their eyes, drowning me in sorrow. What was I to think? I couldn’t just leave now! My mind obeyed, and I was helped down into the trench.

The ground was solid and firm, as I landed with a great thud. A sudden crowd formed around me, imprisoning me into Alexander’s grasp. All were eagerly trying to take a glimpse, as to establish my identity. Nevertheless, the crowd soon parted as a daunting man made his way towards me. He screeched curses at them, completely dumbfounded by my arrival. Only wanting to get this over with, he snatched my hand and hauled me away from the soldiers. He sheltered his arms over my shoulders, heaving me along whilst Alexander guarded from behind.

Soon, we were carried along into a room dug out beneath the ground, like a burrow. A small desk with two chairs silently stalked it, intimidating me immensely. Alexander let loose a thick piece of cloth over the arc to which we had entered, assuring that no one peaks inside... to the best of its ability. The other man (who seemed far older than Alexander) sat down behind the desk. He held his face in his hand as his complexion turned pale.

“What’s your name?” he mumbled furiously.
“Y- Y/N.” I stuttered tensely.
“And how did you get here, Y/N?” I... I really didn’t know. I could recall wearing the ring and everything going black... but...

He faced me irritably, expecting an answer. The palms of my hands sweated, and my eyes searched for an answer to avoid his irrational taunts. My body jumped a little, as Alexander unexpectantly touched my arm for support. “Sir, I’m not sure if that matters at the moment-“
“Of course it matters, Hamilton! It’s not every day you see a child out at war!!” the man argued against him, slamming his fist on to the desk. He sighed regretfully, “Where are you from, Y/N?”

A gradual realization began to sink in. The stories my grandma told me about the ring... “It's the only thing that can bring you true happiness. Use it wisely, Y/N.” This was my happiness? Musicals were the one thing that brought me pain, sorrow; musicals only dragged me down to my weakness. If this was real, if this ring had worked, then why was this my deepest desires?

Keeping this in mind, the commander sitting in front of me must’ve been- “George Washington.” Words escaped my lips, and suddenly, my mind spiralled out of control. It forced my body to turn towards Alexander, and I repeated his own name. “Alexander Hamilton.”
“Yes?” Washington questioned me with a confused tone.
“Britain!” I commenced as if nothing had occurred. “I’m... from Britain.” As I glanced to both sides, I saw that Washington and Hamilton were shaken. They shared that same “Oh no” look, to the point that Washington’s face shined bright red with anxiety. Of course, how could I be so stupid? They were at WAR with Britain!

"John!" Washington called, noticing the sly peeks from behind the cloth. John emerged into the room, saluting Washington obediently.
"Sir!"
"Keep an eye on her for a second. I must have a word with Hamilton."
"Sir..." John repeated, saluting Washington once more. Taking a clear glance at Alexander once more, John tilted his head forward, signalling for me to follow him. I plodded along, crossing my arms to brace myself for quite possibly being engulfed in soldiers.

Alas, before any of that could happen, John held a sturdy hand on my back as flocks of men swarmed towards me. At this point, I felt inclined to refer to everyone as a Hamilton character, so joke. Even if this was a dream, there was no reason not to. Hercules and Lafayette were accepted permission to stand next to John, ushering people off. It... didn't work, let's just say. Hercules was shoving the same people away over and over, whilst Lafayette was arguing with someone in French. "Oh shit--" John cursed under his breath, standing to attention as he noticed someone walking down.

"Will all of you just shut up?!!" An older man with grey hair approached, serving the same uniform as Washington. I couldn't recognise him in the slightest. Everyone's faces dulled at his appearance, standing to attention like John. His voice sent shivers down my spine. "I hear another word from any of you and you'll all get the whip! Understood?!"

A/N Can I just take a moment to appreciate that I just got my first follower neogiefesti1987 as I was writing that sentence lol. But thanks for following!

"Sir, yes sir!" the soldiers roared.
"Good! Now everyone get back to work!" The man marched away, everyone respectively going back to what they were doing.
"That's General Wilson," John stated, "Shouldn't mess with him."
"Damn right you shouldn't..." Hercules sighed, "You okay, kid? You look scared."
"Well what do you think, espèces d'idiots, she doesn't know us!" Lafayette exclaimed.

"Funny you should say that..." I whispered under my breath.
"What was that?" John asked.
"...Nothing."
"I advise that one of you chattes introduce yourselves..." Lafayette mumbled to the other two.
"Ce n'est pas comme si t'étais mieux." Hercules replied stubbornly in French. Dang, wish I could understand.
"La ferme." Lafayette's remark made Hercules and John giggle.

"Well, if I may introduce myself, I'm John Laurens." John bowed before me, to my surprise. I smiled in response.
"Hercules Mulligan, at your service, ma'am."
"And I'm Marie-Joseph Paul Yves Roch Gilbert du Motier, Marquis de Lafayette... but you can call me Lafayette." Lafayette introduced finally. Like always, I felt bad for not participating in the conversation as such, despite it being about me.
"I'm Y/N--"

Washington emerged from the den, proceeded by an aggravated Alexander. "Y/N, for the time being, Hamilton here is going to take you back home to New York." Washington informed me. Hamilton smiled down at me, though you could clearly tell through his eyes that he wasn't happy to be sent home. Before Washington continued, he glared at the three men accompanying me, dismissing them. "You'll be required to travel on horseback for a few miles until you reach a safe enough area. From there, a carriage will take you back to New York. That is, if you're feeling up to the challenge?" Washington explained to me.

"I mean, definitely! If it's no hassle..." I replied.
"Of course not! Not at all..." Alexander reassured with a hint of sarcasm.
"Then it's settled then. You'll leave to New York at dusk." Washington concluded.